Thank you!!! :lol:
by NoSmallStir
02 Jul 2010, 16:36
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Ariano di Puglia (Puglio?)
Replies: 20
Views: 21969

Re: Ariano di Puglia (Puglio?)

Peter, do you see any other facts that make it appear as if it is connected to the Gagliardo family that settled in Mount Vernon? I don't recall any filomena's mentioned in our family. (but then no one mentioned anyone! lol)
by NoSmallStir
02 Jul 2010, 14:10

Carmilla/Carmellaa Gagliardi ( the don't get the name straight, I have seen it Gagliardo and Gagliarde and my grandfather spelled it Gargliardo.. ) abt birth 1870 in Italy Anthony Gagliardo 1899 - Italy Louis J. 1902 - Italy ( he was dressed in a dress on ship and ellis island had him listed as Loui...
by NoSmallStir
02 Jul 2010, 14:03

Thank You so very much for doing all of that hunting! I had found a lot of the United States information from Ancestry.com prior to my post. I was looking for information from Italy now. Here is what I have: 1920 census ( like you had) New York Passenger lists for: 1820-1957 (3 of them) US city dire...
by NoSmallStir
17 Jun 2010, 13:46

I am writing 7 years after the initial post. Have you found anything of interest? I am looking for the Gagliardo, Gagliardi, family of Ariano di puglia. They immigrated in 1906ish, settled in Mount Vernon, New York and had their names mixed up by immigration! Nicola and Carmilla was my great grandpa...