Search found 18 matches

by charlotte
20 Apr 2013, 23:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cesino(Jesse) di Carolis
Replies: 5
Views: 1258

Re: Cesino(Jesse) di Carolis

Thank you Marty for advising me re e-mail address, I never thought about using a private message
Charlotte
by charlotte
20 Apr 2013, 01:14

Re: Cesino(Jesse) di Carolis

Hi Lisamarie I have only just seen your message so please forgive the slow reply. I have much info on the Di Carolis/Sturla/Rebori/Granelli families and would be happy to share it with you but there's too much to put on here. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to print my e-mail address on here ( perhaps s...
by charlotte
30 Jul 2011, 23:39
Topic: Finding long, lost relatives in Italy
Replies: 10
Views: 1655

Re: Finding long, lost relatives in Italy

I looked at the form letters online and used sentences which I needed but mainly I composed the letter in English and then used a translation site online to make it more personal. I gave the info of my grandfather which I already knew and simply asked for more! I also asked if they were a direct rel...
by charlotte
29 Jul 2011, 11:46

I hope so. When I started out searching all I knew was that my grandfather came from Italy as was stated on the census but thanks to Laura and to the response to my letters I now can say that he came from Vignolo, Mezzanego,Genoa. I knew from being a child that my grandma came from Santa Maria del T...
by charlotte
29 Jul 2011, 01:18

Hi, Just read your thread and thought I'd let you know that a few months ago I plucked up the courage to send letters to four Rebori's in Mezzanego whom I found in paginebianche directory. I did not hear anything until a month ago and two sent e-mails with info and another was kind enough to take th...
by charlotte
06 May 2011, 11:48
Topic: Angelo Granelli
Replies: 1
Views: 193

Angelo Granelli

I am looking for any information re Angelo Granelli born c1856 Santa Maria del Taro,Italy. I found him on 1881 and 1891 cenus in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England with his sister (my grandma) Maria born 1860 and brother Rocco b c1854 and then nothing. I wondered if he went back to Italy. I would be grat...
by charlotte
18 Apr 2011, 14:28
Topic: Bufalaro family
Replies: 8
Views: 454

Re: Bufalaro family

Hi daddymuzza,
Have tried to send you a PM but going wrong somewhere!
Thank you for info sent
by charlotte
18 Apr 2011, 13:26

Re: Bufalaro family

Sorry, got a bit confused!
Joseph Bufalaro b 1835 died 1990, was the father and his wife seems to be as you say Erminia.
Has any one any info pre dates settling in Sheffield please?
Thankyou for you replies
by charlotte
15 Apr 2011, 17:05

Bufalaro family

Domenico Bufalaro born 1888 Italy (I do not know where) married my aunt Olinda Elizabeth Sturla born 1890 Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England at St Vincents , Sheffield Feb 14 1912. He was in WW1 in the Italian army, hit by shrapnel and had a scar on his face from this. His father was Eirnia Joseph ...
by charlotte
15 Apr 2011, 16:48

Cesino(Jesse) di Carolis

I am searching for information re Cesino (Jesse) di Carolis born 1876 Alvito, Frosinone. He married my aunt Rosa Sturla born 1884 Sheffield, Yorkshire, England in 1905 at St Vincents, Sheffield. I have info of him from the time he was in Sheffield but know nothing of him earlier in Italy. His father...
by charlotte
13 Apr 2011, 17:01
Topic: Giovanni Sturla
Replies: 15
Views: 1323

Re: Giovanni Sturla

I have not obtained any actual certificates as yet as I was unsure as to where to apply but since you have given me the address I will go ahead.
Thank you for pointing the way to continue.
by charlotte
13 Apr 2011, 11:18

Hello Marty,
Thank you for your reply.
I was not sure that this Antonio Granelli was the father of my grandma Maria. I assumed that they were still in Santa Maria del Taro.
This may give me another road to continue my search.
Again thank you.
by charlotte
13 Apr 2011, 11:16

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your reply and the info you gave pointing me in the direction of contacting the records in Province of Genoa.
I will do this and hope I get some interesting info.
Thanks once again
by charlotte
13 Apr 2011, 11:12

Hello Carmine, Thank you for your interest in my message and for the info you have found. Re west bar italians Julie set up this website and I added with my info re Rebori Story so I am familiar with this site. I have all the info you have posted as I have spent many hours at Sheffield Archives sear...
by charlotte
12 Apr 2011, 15:29

Giovanni Sturla

I am hoping someone can help, please? I am looking for information of Giovanni Sturla b 1856 maybe in the Mezzanego area of Italy. He married my grandma Maria Granelli in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England on May 10 1882 and he died in Sheffield in 1894. His father was Guiseppi.He was Maria's first...