Search found 15 matches

by Jennifer75
06 Jan 2017, 07:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Torriano - Bojano
Replies: 9
Views: 2380

Re: Torriano - Bojano

Bette, You're Amazing ! Now I have a stupid question, which do you think is the correct spelling of their surname, Torriano or Troiano? On all the kids birth certificates it's listed as Torriano, on the marriage certificate it's Troiano, here in the States it's Turriano, Aaargh! Any insight would be...
by Jennifer75
06 Jan 2017, 00:02
Topic: Torriano - Bojano
Replies: 9
Views: 2380

Torriano - Bojano

I'm trying to figure out who Simone Torriano's parents are. He was married to Aurelia Rosaria D'Ercole, daughter of Giuseppe and Antonia Cristina Colacci D'Ercole. They had 4 children, Carmine Antonio b. 25 Feb 1883, Nicolina b. 9 May 1888, Michele b. 12 Nov 1890 and Bartolomeo b. 25 Aug 1893. All c...
by Jennifer75
12 Feb 2011, 17:42
Topic: Dercole Dilemma
Replies: 8
Views: 3841

Re: Dercole Dilemma

Fantastic! Thank you so much for all your help!
by Jennifer75
12 Feb 2011, 17:14

Re: Dercole Dilemma

You're amazing suanj! To answer your question "you think that Torriano and the D'Ercole coming from same place? It is possible?" YES! Michael and Christine were cousins. Christine was told that she had to marry a cousin. I found Ellis Island records for Michael, Michele, Torriano in 1903 a...
by Jennifer75
12 Feb 2011, 07:39

Dercole Dilemma

I'm trying to research my great-great-grandparents. My great-great-grandfather was Andrew (Andrea) Dercole married to Rose, father was Guiseppe Dercole mother was Christina Collachi. My grandmother always said that her mother's family was from Abruzzo, Italy. Andrew was born in Italy in about 1869 a...
by Jennifer75
11 Feb 2011, 16:46
Topic: Looking for some of my grandfather's family in Italy
Replies: 22
Views: 18802

Re: Looking for some of my grandfather's family in Ital

I might be able to shed a little light here, or maybe just muddy the water, I don't know which. I've been researching my family tree and stumbled upon this thread. My great-great-grandfather was Andrea (Andrew) Dercole, depending on the day they also spelled it D'Ercole. My branch of the family was ...
by Jennifer75
11 Feb 2011, 01:55
Topic: Newbie looking for information on great-grandfather Turriano
Replies: 18
Views: 5328

Re: Newbie looking for information on great-grandfather Turr

Okay, now I'm confused. I've been looking for information on Filomena Chiovitti and just out of curiosity I did a search for her. She comes up on a ship manifest, the Roma, arriving May 25, 1909. Obviously not her since she's only 2 at the time however, when you look at the actual manifest, she came...
by Jennifer75
30 Jan 2011, 21:31

Misbris you rock! Based on the information you've found I've been able to dig up some more information. My boyfriend's Mom works for a bank so she's use to reading bad handwriting all day long so she took a look at the manifest from the Germania and was able to decipher that he was going to join his...
by Jennifer75
30 Jan 2011, 16:57

Looked at both WW I & II registrations. Place of birth is Boiano, it even mentions Campobasso on one. Okay, pardon my ignorance but I'm new at this so please bear with me. Where did you find his WW I & II registrations? When I pulled them up on Ancestry.com the WWI registration translation ...
by Jennifer75
29 Jan 2011, 19:57

The only thing I've found on Christine's parents was for her father. One of the census lists him as having lived with them. His name was Andrew Darks born about 1860 in Italy, arrived 1880 according to the census, he was already widowed by then. Christine had four siblings all of whom were born in P...
by Jennifer75
29 Jan 2011, 19:18

misbris wrote:D'Ercole is also a name from Boiano.
Christine and Michael were married in Chicago. Do you think the families may have known each other? Does that make the Germania manifest more likely?
by Jennifer75
29 Jan 2011, 19:15

Possible manifest. What do you think? http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Ftif2gif%2Eexe%3FT%3D%5C%5C%5C%5C192%2E168%2E100%2E11%5C%5CIMAGES%5C%5CT715%2D0384%5C%5CT715%2D03840190%2ETIF%26S%3D%2E5&pID=102678100400&name=Michele%26nbsp%3BTorriano&doa=Aug+19...
by Jennifer75
29 Jan 2011, 19:04

Turriano is a very rare name and appears only in the Genoa area. Name could possibly be Turiani, Turiano, Torriano, Torriani. Have you seen any of these variations in spelling in the records? Do any of the records say anything more that Italy as a place of birth? If he came as a child, he was proba...
by Jennifer75
29 Jan 2011, 18:49

I've just found his World War II Draft Registration Card and his place of birth is listed as Burano, Italy and his date of birth is listed as 8 Nov 1890. Does it make sense that he would travel from Venice to Palermo before coming to the US? I'm totally confused!
by Jennifer75
29 Jan 2011, 18:15

Newbie looking for information on great-grandfather Turriano

Hello all, thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I'm trying to find information on my great-grandfather Michael Turriano. He was born 8 Nov 1891 according to his World War I Draft Registration Card. He was married to my great-grandmother in Chicago in 1912. According to the census he ar...