Search found 5 matches

by navasharai
12 Jun 2011, 18:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Varsalona Family
Replies: 16
Views: 4261

Re: Varsalona Family

Thank you! This helps SO much. When a researcher did it, s/he got a slightly different first and last name for Rosaria, which is probably why I couldn't find anything. But the information you found is definitely her! :D here the arrival of little Daniele with mother and little sister Maria: First Na...
by navasharai
12 Jun 2011, 09:52

After doing some more research, I'm almost positive they came from San Giovanni Gemini, Agrigento, Sicily. I'm trying to find out Pietro & Rosie's ancestry, but I can't find anything. Any suggestions on where else to look? I've been scouring Ancestry's website for any additional detail and I'm n...
by navasharai
09 Jun 2011, 00:40

Thank you guys all so much for all of the posts. It helped me to realize some things. When my grandfather's uncle Carmelo passed away recently, a genealogical study was done. Nothing could verify that my great-grandfather Daniel is the same as Anthony, but I know from my grandfather's brother that i...
by navasharai
08 Jun 2011, 15:59

Thank you for the replies so far! I will ask my mother to give me the documents and I will start going through them. My great-grandfather's name was Daniel, but apparently his real name was Anthony, and he is the one who arrived as a baby. I know he was a boxer here. I *think* his father's name was ...
by navasharai
08 Jun 2011, 07:38

Varsalona Family

Hi everyone. I'm new here and was so happy to come across this website. I'm very much into genealogy, but have had the most difficult time finding out anything about my Italian ancestors. My grandfather does not know much, unfortunately. All I really know is that his father immigrated to America as ...