Search found 13 matches

by ryan92345
24 Nov 2019, 14:18
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Catasto Onciario Translation
Replies: 0
Views: 542

Help with Catasto Onciario Translation

I have the Catasto Onciario of my sixth great-grandfather, Ciriaco Cutillo, dated from 1753. Unfortunately, I cannot understand any of it beyond their names, ages and his occupation as a bracciale . Would someone be willing to offer their assistance with an English translation? I would be extremely ...
by ryan92345
11 May 2017, 18:40
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Birth certificate name change
Replies: 4
Views: 1842

Birth certificate name change

My paternal great-great-grandfather, Sabino Cutillo, was born in the village of Candida, Avellino, Campania, Italy in 1869. He immigrated to the US in 1892. My paternal great-grandfather, Albert Cutillo, was born in Mansfield, Massachusetts in 1918. His father Sabino was not naturalized until 1937. ...
by ryan92345
19 Mar 2012, 02:21
Topic: Help translating Foglio Matricolare
Replies: 7
Views: 2971

Re: Help translating Foglio Matricolare

Molto bene! Thank you for once again helping me out my good sir. Now I can close the books on Sabino's foglio matricolare once and for all! 8) Also Luca sorry about missing your entry, I just noticed it today haha. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due. Thanks you guys for helping me out - ...
by ryan92345
17 Mar 2012, 20:59
Topic: Need help translating Italian letter
Replies: 6
Views: 3191

Re: Need help translating Italian letter

Sadly it is not; it was demolished a long time ago. It was right on the railroad tracks and I guess the city had better uses for the land =/
by ryan92345
17 Mar 2012, 20:54

Thank you ever so much! I've spent a few more hours poring over the document and have come up with a more updated transcription. If you could translate the personal information section for me as well I would be very grateful. Also, I've figured out that the mysterious "V Regg" section says...
by ryan92345
16 Mar 2012, 20:17

The resolution didn't come out like I had hoped so here is a link to a slightly larger version:

http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn35 ... ternet.jpg
by ryan92345
16 Mar 2012, 20:04

Help translating Foglio Matricolare

Hello good people, I have recently received my grandfather's military records from Italy. Unfortunately, I do not speak Italian. I am hoping that someone with more experience than I could translate it for me. I have transcribed most of the text (what I could read anyhow) to assist with the translati...
by ryan92345
09 Mar 2012, 03:48

Re: Need help translating Italian letter

Thank you so much for your help! Sorry about the late reply, you know how life is...

THANK YOU!!! :D
by ryan92345
30 Jun 2011, 03:05
Topic: Chiodarolo as a profession?
Replies: 2
Views: 1068

Chiodarolo as a profession?

I've been transcribing some State Civil records from Southern Italy and I keep coming across the profession of Chiodarolo. I've found it at least 50 times and I'm pretty sure that's the exact spelling. I wonder what kind of job it was, hopefully someone will be able to translate it
by ryan92345
24 Jun 2011, 04:06
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Candida, Avellino, Campania, Italy
Replies: 5
Views: 5742

Candida, Avellino, Campania, Italy

Hello, does anyone here know anything about Candida? Its in the Avellino Province of the Campania region. My great-great grandfather Sabino Cutillo lived there, as did his father Feliciano & grandfather Giovanni. Feliciano's wife Orsola Romano was a daughter of Vincenzo Romano, and Sabino's wife...
by ryan92345
15 Jun 2011, 22:54

Need help translating Italian letter

Hello all this is my first post here. My great-great grandfather Luigi Baldelli wrote my grandmother a letter in 1938, although unfortunately I have not been able to translate it. Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to help. It's a three page letter so I know its kinda long, but tran...