Search found 4 matches

by bobellis75
25 Feb 2012, 17:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Fontanini surname in Iowa
Replies: 16
Views: 5221

Re: Fontanini surname in Iowa

My name is Maurizio Tonelli (age 57). My mother Iole Battani (age 85) lives in Pietravolta, near Frassinoro. My Grandfather's name is Giovanni Battani (1997-1985), brother of IDA (1892-1985). I have found on internet: IDA's son SARG is recentry dead in Des Moines... Do you know if Laura Ceretti was...
by bobellis75
25 Feb 2012, 16:47

This is the possible 1910 arrival manifest for Domenico's wife, Maria Bertucci: 4 june 1910 Bertucci Maria , age 20, female, married, housekeeper, from Frassinoro (leaving in Frassinoro her mother Maria Bertucci) to Des Moine to join her husband Domenico Fontanini page 1: http://www.ellisisland.org...
by bobellis75
22 Jun 2011, 18:14

wow. Talk about service! ; ) Yes...I believe that Domenico/Dominic is my G-G-G Grandfather. John I believe is my G-G Grandfather (I know my grandmother's father is John Fontanini). I had fount some bare bones info here and there but nothing this in depth! Much appreciated...I will take this info and...
by bobellis75
21 Jun 2011, 20:37

Fontanini surname in Iowa

Hello...I'm fairly new to genealogy and trying to trace back through my dad's side of the family. My grandmother's maiden name is Fontanini. Her father is a John Fontanini, and it seems his father is a Dominic Fontanini. I THINK!!! :? Anyway...I did find some info saying Dominic came from Italy to t...