Search found 9 matches

by Agrigentonio
20 Aug 2012, 20:49
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Just received naturalization records from USCIS
Replies: 5
Views: 2698

Re: Just received naturalization records from USCIS

I read somewhere that the regular copies would be acceptable as long as they are submitted with the original envelope and cover letter received from the USCIS. That's what I'll be submitting.

This worrying over documents is the worst part of the process
by Agrigentonio
20 Aug 2012, 20:37
Topic: What can I expect at my consulate meeting in Philadelphia
Replies: 3
Views: 1218

Re: What can I expect at my consulate meeting in Philadelphi

Sorry I can't answer your question as my appointment is in November, but I would like to know if you found another way to communicate with the consulate in Philadelphia other than through the ipsitaly.net service that schedules appointments. I need to ask some questions regarding my GF's birth certi...
by Agrigentonio
20 Mar 2012, 20:22
Topic: Thanks Riccardo....Documents from Sicily
Replies: 0
Views: 781

Thanks Riccardo....Documents from Sicily

I'd like to share a positive experience I had in acquiring my great grandparents' birth and marriage records from Sicily. Originally I attempted to contact the Comune myself by email using Google translator. I haven't studied Italian since college, and was very concerned about making a bad impressio...
by Agrigentonio
11 Jan 2012, 02:32
Topic: Back from Philly Appt
Replies: 4
Views: 1197

Re: Back from Philly Appt

SURNAMES must be consistent throughout the documents. Any changes to surnames or misspellings will need corrected. Congratulations on your successful appointment. Are anglicized first names not an issue in Phila., or did you not have any of these in your documents? I will be relying on Louisiana Ca...
by Agrigentonio
14 Nov 2011, 18:44
Topic: So many questions
Replies: 13
Views: 2033

Re: So many questions

And that's just the first appointment! At best it will be 2014 before a passport is issued. As I said, we're looking at other options. Good luck to you and your Mom.

Tony
by Agrigentonio
14 Nov 2011, 02:15

The wait for Philadelphia is almost one year to the day of calling, which I was expecting. Like Philadelphia, Miami uses an outside service for booking appointments. The man I spoke with for the Miami appointment gave no other option for getting my mother an earlier appointment. Please let me know i...
by Agrigentonio
14 Nov 2011, 01:08

when I make an appointment (which I was told is a 13 month wait? ouch) do they just look at the documents there?
I just made an appointment for my mother with the Italian Consulate in Miami...August 2013!!!
by Agrigentonio
09 Nov 2011, 15:02
Topic: Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records
Views: 989

Re: Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records

Thanks Pippo. I could not find a physical address either, so I appreciate your directing me to the correct office. No Italian since college, but I will try to put something together in an email. Is there typically any problem with asking for multiple copies of each document? I am preparing documents...
by Agrigentonio
08 Nov 2011, 22:35
Topic: Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records
Views: 989

Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records

Hello everybody. I am planning to apply for Italian citizenship "Jure Sanguinis" through the consulate in Philadelphia. I have downloaded information from the consulate on what documents will be required as well as a 'Richiesta' form letter to be sent to the comune. I am instructed to visi...