Was Rosina's father named Aniello?
by JTsr
09 Mar 2012, 01:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The Cavallo family of Provincia d'Aquila, regione d'Abruzzo
Replies: 5
Views: 2563

Re: The Cavallo family of Provincia d'Aquila, regione d'Abru

Hi, Antonio Cavallo brother of Pietro first trip: First Name: Antonio Last Name: Cavallo Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South Last Place of Residence: Pratola, Aguila Date of Arrival: Jul 22, 1905 Age at Arrival: 25y Gender: M Marital Status: M Ship of Travel: Cretic Port of Departure: Naples Manifest L...
by JTsr
03 Mar 2012, 22:06
Topic: The Toce family of Corleto Perticara, Potenza, Basilicata
Replies: 19
Views: 4494

Re: The Toce family of Corleto Perticara, Potenza, Basilicat

Does anybody know if there is a connection between the Toce river and the Toce family of Corleto Perticara? The Toce river starts in regione di Piedmont, and I don't know where in Italy it ends. But some cousins have talked about it in the past and thought there might be some kind of historical conn...
by JTsr
01 Mar 2012, 08:56

Re: The Cavallo family of Provincia d'Aquila, regione d'Abru

Thank you, Suanj. Is there a way for us to find out anything about the parents of Pietro or of Rochetta?
by JTsr
01 Mar 2012, 06:11

Found the bride listed in the 1875 birth index under the letter "I" Surname is definitely IERARDI as Livio first stated :-) Here is her birth record -- #179 Born 16 November 1875 Declared by Teresa Gerardi, 59, midwife Father Domenico Egidio Ierardi, ox driver Mother Carmela Toce, farmer ...
by JTsr
29 Feb 2012, 18:26

liviomoreno wrote:I believe the bride's surname is Ierardi (3 entries in the Italian White Pages for Corleto Perticara). The surname Icrardi does not exist.
The writing on the marriage certificate looks more like Jerardi or Gerardi to me. Is this a possibility?
by JTsr
29 Feb 2012, 18:25

Is there any information about the parents of Antonio, Maria, Domenico, or Carmina?
by JTsr
28 Feb 2012, 08:12

I have never heard this surname mentioned before. Apparently, the rumor of Donata's mother being a Toce was correct.

Thank you for this information.
by JTsr
27 Feb 2012, 23:28

The Cavallo family of Provincia d'Aquila, regione d'Abruzzo

I am also curious about my maternal line. My maternal grandparents were named Pietro and Rocchetta (DiSimona) Cavallo. I know very little about them, as they both died before I was born. According to her obituary which has been saved, my grandmother was born in Pratola Peligna in 1881, one of at lea...
by JTsr
27 Feb 2012, 23:19

The Toce family of Corleto Perticara, Potenza, Basilicata

I am seeking information on the lineage of the Toce family of Corleto Perticara, Potenza, Basilicata. I am a grandson of Gerardo Toce (born September 19, 1874 in C.P.) and Donata [maiden name?]. They emigrated to the United States in 1897. I am curious to know when they married, and most importatnly...
by JTsr
26 Feb 2012, 07:35
Topic: Pasquale and Rosina (Russo) Cafaro of Nocera Superiore
Replies: 4
Views: 1236

Pasquale and Rosina (Russo) Cafaro of Nocera Superiore

I am looking for information on the ancestors of Pasquale Cafaro, born on March 27, 1864 and/or Rosina (Rosa) Russo, born on August 30, 1867, both of comune di Nocera Superiore, provincia di Salerno. I am particularly curious about either of their parents and ancestors as well as the date of their m...