by erudita74
37 minutes ago
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Birth for Rocco Vincenzo Martoccia 1891
Replies: 1
Views: 14

Re: Birth for Rocco Vincenzo Martoccia 1891

Date of birth was Feb 23, 1891

the word moglie means wife. Margherita Navarra was the wife of Giuseppe and was living with him.

Erudita
by erudita74
Today, 13:31
Topic: Needing some help with translation of document
Replies: 1
Views: 28

Re: Needing some help with translation of document

Hi Bruce Since no one else is attempting this record, I’ll give it a try. This record is for Angela Ruggeri who was married to Emilio Piccioni.The revision is taking place in the house of Vito Ruggeri, an invalid. He was married to a woman by the name of Angela Sermarini, who was a native of the tow...
by erudita74
Today, 01:21
Topic: Name recognition assistance
Replies: 6
Views: 127

Re: Name recognition assistance

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Potenza/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/San+Fele/Matrimoni/1816/007694773_01708.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0 Frank This is the marriage record. Agnesa was age 17 and the daughter of deceased Antonio Tronnolone who died on March 3, 1800...
by erudita74
Yesterday, 19:11
Topic: Name recognition assistance
Views: 127

Re: Name recognition assistance

In the current phone book for the town, the surname is written as Tronnolone. At first, I was going with the m instead of the two n's but then changed my mind. Tromolone is not found anywhere in Potenza province currently.

Erudita
by erudita74
Yesterday, 14:22
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Meaning of the family name Dacomo?
Replies: 7
Views: 5936

Re: Meaning of the family name Dacomo?

The name Frugoli is the plural of the word frugolo. It means a very lively child who can't sit still. Also it means a "rocket." Both are the meanings, according to Prof Joseph G Fucilla, in his book Our Italian Surnames.

Erudita
by erudita74
17 Apr 2019, 00:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Migration "fail": to the US and back... :P
Replies: 12
Views: 582

Re: Migration "fail": to the US and back... :P

Prego e Buona Pasqua, Silvio.

Erudita
by erudita74
16 Apr 2019, 18:37
Topic: Baglio Family from Corleone
Replies: 14
Views: 379

Re: Baglio Family from Corleone

1505 Marriage of 1863 Sept 8th in Corleone church of San Martino Vincenzo Militello son of Calogero Mititello and Giuseppa Gennaro married Antonia Morsalosi daughter of Salvatore Morsalosi and Blasia Castro https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-DYD6-LS?i=158&wc=MG37-L2S%3A351041801%2C351...
by erudita74
16 Apr 2019, 16:07
Topic: Death Certificates from 1950's
Views: 152

Re: Death Certificates from 1950's

Due to Italian government privacy laws,* Italian civil records for the 1950s are not yet available to the public except, I believe, by writing directly to the town in question and stating the reason for needing a copy of the record. I have one such record which my grandfather himself requested back ...
by erudita74
16 Apr 2019, 14:00
Topic: Marriage atti having issues
Replies: 5
Views: 124

Re: Marriage atti having issues

Happy to help, Kevin
Erudita
by erudita74
16 Apr 2019, 05:38

I just want to briefly address an issue, raised by Silvio in his post above, concerning Italian immigrants permanently returning to their country of origin. Just because an Italian immigrant to the U.S., or anywhere else, decided to permanently return to his native county, does not mean that that pe...
by erudita74
15 Apr 2019, 16:04
Topic: Marriage atti having issues
Replies: 5
Views: 124

Re: Marriage atti having issues

Leone Orsi, son of Goffredo (Orsi) and Carolina Amadei. He was born and living in Compito S. Andrea (currently written as Sant'Andrea di Compito). It's a village or hamlet of Capannori. He was a muratore (bricklayer/mason)

The bride: Isolina Mori

May 14
by erudita74
14 Apr 2019, 20:50

No problem, Silvio. Didn't even notice your mistake. BTW, you're wondering why your ancestor would have returned to Italy rather than staying in the U.S.. The subject of return migration is interesting. I will threw out some ideas concerning this subject to you soon.
Erudita
by erudita74
14 Apr 2019, 14:30

The ship manifests were actually created in the country of origin at the ports there. When an immigrant arrived in the U.S. in the early 1900s, he/she was asked a series of 29 questions. The inspectors here were just looking to see if the answers matched what was originally written on the manifest. ...