Thanks Marty.
by ray1955
26 Sep 2016, 22:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian or Sicilian
Replies: 9
Views: 1429

Re: Italian or Sicilian

New photo with a note describing looking to get it translated. Ciao Raymond, T u vuoi sapere chi sono nella seconda foto, da sinistra mia sorella vincenza la zia sara poi di destro si vede la faccia piccola e la cugina Rosa figlia della Zia giuseppina da tanto tempo morti proprio davanti a destra un...
by ray1955
25 Sep 2016, 15:11

Thats perfect thanks you....that is along the lines of what I was thinking.

Now that makes sense. Now I have to go back to Rosetta with 3 more pictures she had sent me and try to
decipher them when she responds.

I appreciate your time.

Raymond
by ray1955
24 Sep 2016, 16:53
Topic: "recent" civil birth records
Replies: 8
Views: 828

Re: "recent" civil birth records

I would think the local catholic church would have record regardless since civil records were started around 1809 and in some regions quit using civil records until they started using them again but the catholic church would still record the birth and baptisms. Just a suggestion.........
by ray1955
24 Sep 2016, 16:45

Sorry about the 3 pictures.....
by ray1955
24 Sep 2016, 16:44

Hello Marty thank you so much. I take it you received my text....hope you have a great Saturday my friend. I am well. Gave blood will know results Oct 5. Thanks for asking. Listen maybe you can see my confusion, as you have read the note from Rosetta. I am enclosing the picture so you can see what I...
by ray1955
23 Sep 2016, 22:16

Italian or Sicilian

In a previous conversation I was told that my Sicilian family in Sicily will only speak their dialect to those in Sicily that to me they would speak Italian. Which by the way, does not translate well with Google translate. Here is a message I received today with out translating. Ciao Raymond rispond...
by ray1955
19 Sep 2016, 13:15
Topic: Sicilian vs Google translation
Replies: 2
Views: 507

Sicilian vs Google translation

I would like to see if someone who is actually in Sicily (Tessa????).....I am trying to communicate with a relative who is about 73 yrs old. For someone reason I don't think she understands what I would like....as it is so simple. She has grand kids etc....that could run up the street and do this: I...
by ray1955
19 Sep 2016, 13:10
Topic: Common Sense test
Replies: 28
Views: 2315

Re: Common Sense test

I also noticed how far off Isabella Calogera is off by a lot.....at one point they had her at Catalina E. Spoto.

Thanks my friend.

Ray
by ray1955
19 Sep 2016, 04:47

I am understanding the James fortunate vs just Fortunato however I am confused
about the FRED

Where did this come from??///

Can some one explain where FRED came from?
by ray1955
18 Sep 2016, 13:52

So are you saying the one for WW1 is the right one? Isn't it common for the dates to be off on say birth?.....I have noticed it a lot.....mostly in the posting of the years not so much the days. Unless your talking about baptisms they are different usually from the births. As much as a few weeks. bo...
by ray1955
17 Sep 2016, 22:37

Well thats the first for a paper article of any relative of mine wow like how you ever got this baffles me of course.

Gees thanks.

Can't wait to get home and put it all together.
by ray1955
17 Sep 2016, 21:07

Thanks Tessa, lots to digest here. I will have to save this for next week....I am in Georgia visiting my daughter and will be home next week and will need to sit and apply my mind to capturing all this. Thanks so much again for your help and everyone else......no telling how long it would take me to...
by ray1955
17 Sep 2016, 16:30

Were you able to find a census.....I think Fortunato may have changed his name....I can't find anything with that name.
by ray1955
17 Sep 2016, 15:41

Just looked for Fortunato and no luck on Immigration but in looking up Isabella vs Calogera, I was able to find Isabella Ferranti with husband Fortunato and Child Rosa.......so I believe this is the right one. I will print it off and check the ages....ages are hard to read the only one for sure is F...