Search found 9 matches

by albert496771
07 Nov 2014, 13:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Am looking for the Bielli family in northern Italy.
Replies: 17
Views: 6935

Re: Am looking for the Bielli family in northern Italy.

Thanks.
The site doesn't allow me access from this computer, but I'll give it a try from the research library.
Al
by albert496771
06 Nov 2014, 16:18

Thanks, Paola, Included the additional words that you suggested in my request: The postman had not yet picked up our outgoing mail. Would love to find Eva's information, but I am getting the following error message, whether I click on the address you provided, or cut and paste the address itself. Yo...
by albert496771
06 Nov 2014, 01:03

Marty, I have sent off for Mario's birth certificate. In the envelope I included a copy of my driver's license with picture, as well as a copy of my birth certificate and my dad's birth certificate. Dad's birth certificate has Mario's name on it, of course. Wanted to make sure they could see that Ma...
by albert496771
29 Oct 2014, 00:56

Thanks, Marty.
Will do.
Step #1 in my quest is now being taken!
Best,
Al
by albert496771
28 Oct 2014, 13:52

Marty, I've just received a response from the note you suggested I send. Quite sure the birth certificate of my grandfather has been found, though the note references a Mario with two different middle names: Mario Antonio is listed in the subject line. Would you be good enough to translate for me? I...
by albert496771
24 Oct 2014, 18:08

Marty, Thanks for the suggested format of my inquiries! Both my father and my grandmother spoke Italian. Sadly, I do not. What you provided looks to be a request, in Italian, for the birth certificate for Mario Bielli. I will cut and paste what you provided and ask for both towns as you suggested. I...
by albert496771
24 Oct 2014, 14:57

Dear Paolo,
Wonderful! Now I have another confirmed name with dates; both to research and to add to my family tree!
As you suggested, I did write to the anagrafe address you provided. I will let you know if I have success on that front.
Thanks so much.
Al
by albert496771
24 Oct 2014, 13:40

Thank you, Adelfio and Paola! Yes, that is my grandfather, Mario. The records I have come from my grandmother, Sophia, with whom I spent a great deal of time growing up. I've also found the Ellis Island website very helpful and have a copy of the manifest which includes Mario's name. I did have the ...
by albert496771
23 Oct 2014, 22:24

Am looking for the Bielli family in northern Italy.

My grandfather, Mario Angelo Bielli, emigrated to America in 1906 on the ship Sicilia out of Genova. He went through Ellis Island where his town of origin was listed as Lobbiate. Mario was a marble carver, lived and married in Barre, Vermont, and died in 1940. On my father's birth certificate, Mario...