Search found 8 matches

by Christinaherbert
08 May 2020, 18:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents Francesco and Maria (nee Dezan) Bettarelli
Replies: 17
Views: 2793

Re: Searching for my great grandparents Francesco and Maria (nee Dezan) Bettarelli

Also, I would like to find out more about the DeZan side of the family. I only know about my great grandmother Maria was born in 1884 in Fregona/Vittorio Veneto Veneto Treviso. I know of the history after she immigrated to Canada and the United States, but I cannot locate records for her birth, marr...
by Christinaherbert
08 May 2020, 18:39
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents Francesco and Maria (nee Dezan) Bettarelli

Re: Searching for my great grandparents Francesco and Maria (nee Dezan) Bettarelli

Hello again! I tried to get records when we were in Italy a few years ago. I was directed to email and ask anagrafe@comune.fregona.tv.it for information but I never heard back even after a few emails. Is there another way to find records besides the state records. I also have information that the Be...
by Christinaherbert
01 Sep 2015, 15:19

Thank you much Marty! I wasn't scrolling down....limited view on small screen.

I think I will also email Constantina Gava before I get there. Do you know if she speaks English by chance?

I truly appreciate your expertise and help!

Christina Herbert
by Christinaherbert
01 Sep 2015, 02:16

Thank you all for your help! I have a couple questions:

Marty, how did you find the military records? I can't figure out how to search on that site...

I am going to Fregona in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions to help me find records while there?

Mille grazie!
by Christinaherbert
10 Jun 2015, 02:59

Also, it does not seem that these records exist electronically...is that a fair assumption?
by Christinaherbert
10 Jun 2015, 02:58

Thank you so much!! Must this be done via post or can it be done electronically?
by Christinaherbert
10 Jun 2015, 02:31

From this is the Ellis island manifest http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/passenger-details/czoxMjoiMTAzNDIwMDgwMDQzIjs=/czo4OiJtYW5pZmVzdCI7 it seems that Maria de Zan and son Giovanni Bettorel (this might be a mistake) were from Fregona, province of Treviso. Yes, you are correct! This is my gr...
by Christinaherbert
01 Jun 2015, 06:14

Searching for my great grandparents Francesco and Maria (nee Dezan) Bettarelli

Hello! My great grandparents came from Vittorio Veneto in Italy about 1900. I can't find any record of them in Italy. Where should I start?