Search found 4 matches

by Francescafree
25 Oct 2019, 22:14
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Need Address to obtain Marriage Certificate
Replies: 2
Views: 1441

Need Address to obtain Marriage Certificate

Hello - I recently visited Lipari and the municipality there gave me a copy of my grandfather's birth certificate. I am going to apply for dual citizenship and see they also require a copy of his marriage license. I have the date. Does anyone know where I should send this request. Many thanks. Franc...
by Francescafree
28 Dec 2015, 22:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dead end with Grandfathers
Replies: 8
Views: 3120

Re: Dead end with Grandfathers

Tessa and VotM: I cannot thank you enough! This is such great and useful information. I'm speechless :D This really helps to start fill out the tree. I hope I can find people like you when I search for my father (not Italian). Thank you again and best wishes for a wonderful new year. Francesca
by Francescafree
28 Dec 2015, 22:22

Re: Dead end with Grandfathers

Welcome to the forum! :D Here is a POSSIBLE birth registration for Giovanni Iacono in 1859 in Lipari Father: Gaetano Iacono, 35, farmer Mother: Maria Xxxinno(?), 42. Birth on 30 August at 9 AM Baptized on 31st. Record #159 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.Down...
by Francescafree
23 Dec 2015, 00:44

Dead end with Grandfathers

Buon Natale! I belong to Ancestry.com and have been rebuilding my family tree from Lipari, Sicily. I have found quite a bit about my grandmothers (Caterina Ziino 1857) and her sister (Giuseppa Ziino 1859). Caterina married Giovanni Iacono (1859) in 1883 had a son Antonio. Giuseppa married Vito Ferra...