Search found 25 matches

by doberso
20 May 2020, 23:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking For Surname Manera for Research Paper
Replies: 4
Views: 3808

Re: Looking For Surname Manera for Research Paper

I would have to travel to the States of Wasington, California the Siouth West, The middle West and the Northeast
by doberso
13 May 2020, 21:49
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?
Replies: 81
Views: 182907

Re: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?

I believe the clue is very easy. The closer you live to the Equator, the darker pigment your skin will have. Italy is a very hot and sunny country. And no wonder southerners are darker than the residents of the northern areas. I am from https://worldcams.tv/netherlands/amsterdam/dam-square, and we a...
by doberso
12 May 2020, 20:53
Topic: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?
Replies: 81
Views: 182907

Re: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?

Skin color, for example, is determined largely by the amount of melanin, a dark pigment, in the outer layer of the skin. (Carotene imparts a yellow tint.) In sunny climates close to the Equator, natural selection has favored dark, melanin-rich skin, which protects its owner by absorbing harmful ultr...
by doberso
28 Mar 2020, 08:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 18th century parish death act in Latin from Trentino-Alto Adige
Replies: 17
Views: 481

Re: 18th century parish death act in Latin from Trentino-Alto Adige

Fantastic! Thank you Mmogno. The most important part of this for me was "filius paucorum dierum." It's exactly what I was looking for. As always, your help is greatly appreciated!
by doberso
Topic: Translation needed-Family Bible
Replies: 17
Views: 482

Re: Translation needed-Family Bible

This may seem like a silly question, but is that his full given name with "Patrone" being the family surname?
by doberso
Topic: Translate 1869 Birth Record
Replies: 29
Views: 827

Re: Translate 1869 Birth Record

I am looking for someone from the California area https://areaphonecodes.com/united-states/949 to help me find some information. Actually, it is a small project I am working in. So I am looking for an assistant from this area. If you are Italian by origin, please get in touch with me. I will tell yo...
by doberso
27 Mar 2020, 08:30
Topic: Translate 1869 Birth Record
Views: 827

Re: Translate 1869 Birth Record

Pasquale Ziccardi, son of Domenico, Age 30, tailor, presented a baby boy, born at 2.00 am, of his wife, Nicoletta Baldassarro, son of Nicolo, living on Carpignano street, and named him Angelo Michele
by doberso
23 Mar 2020, 09:23
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where's Nofalle Italia?
Replies: 27
Views: 26491

Re: Where's Nofalle Italia?

I am a bit confused about the site. I was trying to find there some details on certain Italian names and failed. I believe there is some general guidelines for using this site. Can you please tell me where I can study it in more detail. I am from the California area. And I know for sure a have a lot...
by doberso
22 Mar 2020, 09:10
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where's Nofalle Italia?
Replies: 27
Views: 26491

Re: Where's Nofalle Italia?

you can post the record of your ancestor?
by doberso
14 Mar 2020, 09:52
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: re:dna test results
Replies: 20
Views: 26387

Re: re:dna test results

Yes all that is true, but genetics is not genealogy. Genealogy is records, there is nothing in terms of DNA that can help you. In my opinion, too many people rely on DNA in their genealogy - they are two different things.
by doberso
14 Mar 2020, 09:51
Topic: DNA Testing
Replies: 59
Views: 68936

Re: DNA Testing

Y-DNA testing, if you are interested in your surname and male lineage. This might be useful to find other people with the same surname and you can see if you have the same male lineage, or to find other people with different surnames that share the same male lineage. It may also be useful if you wan...
by doberso
14 Mar 2020, 09:51
Topic: DNA Test Results & Question For Others
Views: 23727

Re: DNA Test Results & Question For Others

Do you know the address of the Italian community in Huston https://populationstat.com/united-states/houston? There are many Italians in the country, so I believe this city is not an exception. I was always told by my grandmother about Italian roots. I have some documents so I would like to check. I ...
by doberso
13 Mar 2020, 15:52
Topic: DNA Test Results & Question For Others
Views: 23727

Re: DNA Test Results & Question For Others

No surprise, the reign of Naples and that of Sicily, referred to as the Reign of the two Sicilies was governed for a period of time by the crown of Aragon (1400s) and was part of the Spanish Empire (1500 - 1700). Of corse the Iberia peninsula is constituted by Spain an Portugal
by doberso
07 Mar 2020, 21:55
Topic: French translation help
Replies: 86
Views: 24087

Re: French translation help

I read the date as Nov 20, 1878 (not 1877). Thomas was of this parish and was the adult son of Michael McAndrew and Barbara Doherty of this parish. The bride was from Montreal. She also was of adult age. Her parents were David Sweeney and Maria Dolan, as you stated. They were from a parish by the na...
by doberso
07 Mar 2020, 21:54
Topic: Can anyone here read french
Replies: 53
Views: 7187

Re: Can anyone here read french

am just back from a more than 9 hour drive and can't help you tonight. These are in French and I should be able to help you with them, possibly tomorrow, if no one else gets to them before I do.