Search found 5 matches

by titch
23 Feb 2021, 17:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Merchant seaman drowned off Reggio Calabria in 1914
Replies: 10
Views: 1393

Re: Merchant seaman drowned off Reggio Calabria in 1914

Hello Cedrone, Thank you for your help. I found out about the incident from a monthly report by the British Merchant Nay organisation. It is the only document anywhere that refers to JF Purcell. I then tracked down the Ships Crew Contract/Agreement which was in Canada. Two pages in this document whe...
by titch
22 Feb 2021, 11:55

Hello, Thank you all for your answers. I am grateful for your help. The information is everything I have found out so far before I asked for your help. The information in your document would have been provided by someone in the British Consul at the time. The ship MS Trefusis put into Reggio Calabri...
by titch
21 Feb 2021, 17:00

Thank you mmogno. Unfortunately I do not read Italian but it appears to be for a GF Purcell, is that so? I need JF (Joseph Francis)
by titch
21 Feb 2021, 12:30

His name is Joseph Francis Purcell. On the crew list he was referred to as JF Purcell.
Thank you for your help.
Kind Regards
titch
by titch
15 Feb 2021, 17:39

Merchant seaman drowned off Reggio Calabria in 1914

Hello, My wife's Grandfather was drowned off the coast of Reggio Calabria in October 1914 whilst he was on the Merchant ship Trefusis. His body was left with the British Consul for burial. I am trying to find his death certificate, and where he was buried. I have emailed to several of the cemeteries...