Search found 6 matches

by mdimita
18 Apr 2014, 07:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dimita from Santeramo in Colle (BA)
Replies: 15
Views: 8193

Re: Dimita from Santeramo in Colle (BA)

HI! If your nonna was one of nine children. then we are talking kinship. My great aunt Anna Dimita (DeMita is wrong, typical american name changing) was a sister of the oldest member, my nonno Salvatore Dimita. The other brothers and sisters were, Dorotea, Maria, Tomasso, Michele, Francesco, Rosa an...
by mdimita
27 Jul 2007, 15:35

thanks heaps! Boy, did they really screw the last name up here!! LOL I'll see what I can et from the county. Thanks!!!!
by mdimita
27 Jul 2007, 04:23

Any way I can provide additional correct information to Summit county as far as details on the death certificates? I.E. : birth, spellings, etc? Thanks!!!
by mdimita
26 Jul 2007, 18:55

Thanks!!! It is a start, too bad there are no wives names or children.
The information for Zio Franco is incorrect.....he was a widower, wife's name was Clotilda...they lived in Coral Gables, FL.
The death dates help!!!
by mdimita
25 Jul 2007, 18:19

Dimita from Santeramo in Colle (BA)

I have names of my great grandparents born in Santeramo in Colle but they emigrated to the US with all 9 children. I am trying to find what brothers and sisters they both may have left behind in Italy. Dimita Raffaele, born 1864 and Fraccalvieri Maria Francesca, born 1868. In addition, 6 of the 9 ch...
by mdimita
22 Oct 2003, 06:22
Topic: 'Dimita' (cognome) in Santeramo in Colle, Provincia di Bari
Replies: 7
Views: 13751

'Dimita' (cognome) in Santeramo in Colle, Provincia di Bari

Help! Can't seem to get much further with my research as far as this family name goes. My nonno, Salvatore, wasborn in 1885 or so, and I have his parents' names, but no birth dates for them! Raffaele Dimita and Maria Francesca Fraccalvieri. He was one of 9, know all I need but to go backwards, I jus...