Search found 213 matches

by Eleven
12 Feb 2011, 14:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Avigliano Vital Records
Replies: 6
Views: 2424

Re: Avigliano Vital Records

The ancestry Italian records arent indexed. Thats how they were able to get them out there that fast. I subscribed for a few months, because they had the records for a town that I needed. This is how I searched. Besides the actual records for each year, you should find the indexes of each years reco...
by Eleven
24 Dec 2010, 13:54
Topic: How do flash drive microfilm machines work?
Replies: 64
Views: 17381

Re: How do flash drive microfilm machines work?

I always set the size to 200. Saving always gave me 2 pages. If it is the type record that has 3, some of the info for the last one, might land on the next page, so you have to click to the next image and copy that, too. On rare occasions, it would take a few extra seconds for the entire image to lo...
by Eleven
24 Dec 2010, 04:40

LOL Jim..I told ya. The records are crystal clear. Sharp black on white. Not black on gray or black on almost black. They are outstanding. And imagine? You can view them in your underwear, any time of the day or night..and make copies in seconds. I was never an ancestry fan..until they began putting...
by Eleven
23 Dec 2010, 17:38

Thanks Carmine. I knew I saw that said somewhere..but I didnt want to swear to it. I had already subscribed when I read that, so never tried it.

Good luck, Jim.
by Eleven
23 Dec 2010, 15:43

I think the indexes got better as the years progressed. The records ancestry had for my town were from 1866-1939 (there were just a few after 1910). When I did this town in the early 90s, the FHL had from 1865-back. The indexes were messy and sometimes didnt show up until the end of the year, on the...
by Eleven
23 Dec 2010, 05:54

Noooo..this town had nowhere near 700 births a year. I would say a high numbered year would be 70. I recall just a few years had a little over 100 (cant recall if those were death, births or marriages). Its very easy to make the copies..only..you get real bored at some point...thats why I stretched ...
by Eleven
23 Dec 2010, 00:23

I had the deluxe addition, to access these records. With tax, it cost me about 32 dollars a month. I kept them only 3 months, but could have kept them far less. I copied the entire civil records for my fathers town. I now have them ALL in my computer and will put them on a cd. These records are clea...
by Eleven
22 Dec 2010, 14:36
Topic: New records on Ancestry.com
Replies: 5
Views: 2457

New records on Ancestry.com

Modena, Emilia-Romagna, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1866-1939 (in Italian)

Agrigento, Sicily, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1844-1911 (in Italian)

Caserta, Campania, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1862-1939 (in Italian)
by Eleven
22 Dec 2010, 14:35

Thats why I dont think that the records for my mothers town will ever be online. I have gotten some records by writing to the town, also. When I first wrote, in the early 1990s, I got no reply. Then about 12 years ago, I tried again. This time, I was getting replies in 2 weeks, only, they were sendi...
by Eleven
12 Dec 2010, 21:53

They dont warn you, because they dont know. The volunteers are just regular people who have done their own genealogy (if they have done that much). Since I was there for two years, and was doing Italian genealogy (which I had to figure out on my own, using a couple of books, since there was no net a...
by Eleven
12 Dec 2010, 17:00

When I began my genealogy in the early 90s, none of the readers at the FHL had the right lens to see the film. They let me use their reader/copier..because that had the proper lens. Although this was very convenient for me..it wasnt so convenient for the other people. Instead of walking over to the ...
by Eleven
11 Dec 2010, 06:17

Potenza records have been there, not sure when they were added, maybe during the summer.

I just dropped my acct there until they get something else that I need. I have 4 days left.
by Eleven
09 Dec 2010, 05:15
Topic: Found new relative in Records, Now What?
Replies: 3
Views: 1989

Re: Found new relative in Records, Now What?

If nobody knew about him..I would look for the death. Maybe he died as a child. I would go year by year, starting with the year of the birth.

I know its a lot of work..so maybe you should start with using the indexes (on the film).

If you dont find him dead, look for the marriage.
by Eleven
08 Dec 2010, 16:19
Topic: Looking for my Great Great Grandmother
Replies: 19
Views: 6979

Re: Looking for my Great Great Grandmother

Oilman, My great grandfather was going to his sister. It shows a Santa..and his surname (obviously he used her maiden name). I was never able to find a ship passenger entry for her. Of course, its almost impossible for me to find her in this country, since she would be using her married surname. I h...