Search found 99 matches

by rfiorille
12 Nov 2018, 22:02
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help deciphering - "non ha ne Avo, ne Ava ne ascendente..."
Replies: 8
Views: 1537

Need help deciphering - "non ha ne Avo, ne Ava ne ascendente..."

Trying to understand what this document is saying about the groom after "Francesco di Antonio Fiorillo". I am seeing "mi-o Filiame non ha ne Avo, ne Ava ne ascendente di...". I can't make out the rest. I would appreciate help with understanding what the document is saying with a ...
by rfiorille
01 Jul 2018, 15:11
Topic: Antonio Ricci, possibly adopted founding Antonio Giunone?
Replies: 21
Views: 4294

Re: Antonio Ricci, possibly adopted founding Antonio Giunone?

Erudita, I wish the Coniglio website cited some source for the statement. It definitely warrants more research. I feel the only way to understand where this wheel was located and therefore where Luigi found the baby would be to look at more records in the town..... OR I can just wait for mmogno to h...
by rfiorille
01 Jul 2018, 05:13

mmogno,

Thank you for the links. I will definitely check them out!
by rfiorille
01 Jul 2018, 05:12

Robert I've never heard about the foundling wheel being in anyone's private home, so I don't think so. I looked at the record above Antonio's, but that infant was not a child of the wheel. I didn't look through the other records in that town though. Erudita Below is something I had read that made m...
by rfiorille
30 Jun 2018, 04:56

Yes. That is my understanding of the way the wheel operated. I thought possibly the wheel was located in Luigi's house. But I doubt that. It would be interesting to look at more records in the town for other foundlings. Maybe that would shed some light. Sorry you lost the private message. I know tha...
by rfiorille
30 Jun 2018, 04:20

I love the fact that you found this, although I'm still confused as to why it seems that Luigi was the one who found Antonio on the wheel and subsequently presented him. Unless if I'm reading the document wrong. Any thoughts?
by rfiorille
30 Jun 2018, 04:13

Ha! Of course I was going to ask how you found it! I was imagining some secret search method. Although, I have to admit I've only used stevemorse.org to search for streets and enumeration districts. I definitely have to revisit that site now! So, I think some type of court record search for a name c...
by rfiorille
30 Jun 2018, 03:59

Wha!?! Erudita, you rock! That's such a great find! So that means his name change to Ricci probably occurred in the US? You must have been convinced that he was Giunone until he came to the US.

Thank you for such a great find!
by rfiorille
30 Jun 2018, 00:14

Thank you mmogno! I'm always amazed at how the true letters become abundantly clear to me after you make the corrections!
by rfiorille
29 Jun 2018, 23:32

Thank you Erudita and Tessa! Tessa, I did see the birth of the twins in the same year and realized that Laurenzia could not be the mother, but I had not yet searched for death records. Great find! Thank you for the research! With the death of the twins on April 17 your explanation makes a lot of sen...
by rfiorille
29 Jun 2018, 13:35

Antonio Ricci, possibly adopted founding Antonio Giunone?

I am looking for some verification of my research and thoughts/opinions about my conclusions. Based on 3 different sources, I have a Antonio Ricci, born in Popoli, Italy on April 10, 1890. The three sources are: A July 24, 1912 New York County Marriage record from Whitehall, Washington, County, NY f...
by rfiorille
25 May 2018, 00:36
Topic: Deciphering word after "avendo lasciato"
Replies: 3
Views: 811

Re: Deciphering word after "avendo lasciato"

Of course! Thank you mmogno! I could swear I tried to translate superstito! I was seeing the 'ito' on the end of the word in other documents but I must not have put superstito into google translate. In fact, when I saw your reply I thought that was one of the words I put as a possibility in my origi...
by rfiorille
25 May 2018, 00:20

Re: Deciphering word after "avendo lasciato"

Sorry to add an additional question as a reply and confuse things, but I don't want to start a new topic for the same document with pretty much the same question, so I'm appending this question to my last. I would like help in correcting my deciphering a section of the second act to the right on the...
by rfiorille
24 May 2018, 22:56

Deciphering word after "avendo lasciato"

I'm having trouble figuring out the word after avendo lasciato on this death act for Rosalia Russodivita and would appreciate some help. I'm reading a couple possibilities that are not translating into actual Italian words. Here's what my eyes are seeing: supustino, superstino, pesertino, pepertino ...