Search found 3851 matches

by nuccia
17 Mar 2014, 17:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Falbo living around Mesoraca, Crotone, Calabria, Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 1737

Re: Falbo living around Mesoraca, Crotone, Calabria, Italy

Maybe you can pick something up through this site? You would need to register a username and password first but it is free to use.

http://poster.beniculturali.it/poster/action.do
by nuccia
17 Mar 2014, 17:26
Topic: Older family members
Replies: 28
Views: 8691

Re: Older family members

I think at this point you may need to access Church records or even the Catasti if available to you for your Domenico. The Catasti would be costly but can be purchased BUT you would need to be absolutely certain you know the town of birth and that the record was taken AFTER his birth.
by nuccia
17 Mar 2014, 17:22
Topic: Visiting Comune
Replies: 7
Views: 2167

Re: Visiting Comune

liviomoreno wrote:If it is a small Comune, you may get it very quickly. On a larger one you will have to wait several days.
Livio is it possible for lathompson to make an appointment in advance if they have time so that they can just go and pick it up once they arrive in the town?
by nuccia
17 Mar 2014, 17:20
Topic: Help reading a document
Views: 999

Re: Help reading a document

I also think it is Elisabeth Springer (although the r does look like an 'o'). :)
by nuccia
17 Mar 2014, 17:18
Topic: Looking for Barranti Brothers and Sisters
Replies: 10
Views: 3021

Re: Looking for Barranti Brothers and Sisters

Could you reference your other thread for us by providing the link to your original thread to make it easier to cross check? :)
by nuccia
15 Mar 2014, 01:00
Topic: RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct
Replies: 6
Views: 6901

RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct

After reading through many posts today it has been clear due to changes in layout of the forum, and personal issues, life, work health etc that our presence here has been severely lacking and for that I do apologize. I am appalled to read through some threads in which some totally inappropriate and ...
by nuccia
15 Mar 2014, 00:29
Topic: Aprigliano
Replies: 4
Views: 1969

Re: Aprigliano

I have removed the email address for security reasons - please use private inbox messaging to exchange private information. It's very secure and will help reduce spam to your account.

Thanks!
by nuccia
15 Mar 2014, 00:11
Topic: Italian Genealogist in Acri, Cosenza, Calabria
Views: 1207

Re: Italian Genealogist in Acri, Cosenza, Calabria

We may be thinking of the same one Ann - but just in case you can also message me as well John.
by nuccia
15 Mar 2014, 00:09
Topic: Using social security records for research
Views: 753

Re: Using social security records for research

Sometimes - but not always - you can figure out the spouse based on the place of death. You would then need to check census and other records to try and confirm relationship. It's not a 100% accurate but it's as close as you're going to get without paying for it.
by nuccia
14 Mar 2014, 23:00
Topic: Looking for info on Prato
Replies: 40
Views: 23484

Re: Looking for info on Prato

Just an update - I have added more records from Ardore to my site and have been charting the Chiricosta's, Andriano's and Prato's - hopefully I can add to your info. Oh and as a side - the Chiricostas have lived in Ardore since before civil records began. SO far they all seem to stem from Pasquale C...
by nuccia
20 Jan 2014, 22:05
Topic: attaching pictures
Replies: 8
Views: 1699

Re: attaching pictures

I'll have a look and see if I am able to help you with that.
by nuccia
20 Jan 2014, 17:53

Glad you got that sorted out! :)
by nuccia
20 Jan 2014, 17:12
Topic: datos Familia DIMIERI
Replies: 5
Views: 1618

Re: datos Familia DIMIERI

For reference- using Google Translator so be kind. :) Hello everyone .. I intend to put together a family tree with my ancestors. Am Argentine and my last name is Dimieri .. According to limited information that I have several of my ancestors were born in Italy in the town of Sanza (SA) I can not fi...
by nuccia
20 Jan 2014, 17:09

Perhaps the file size was too big? And it won't attach if you attempt to preview it first - the larger files do take a bit longer to upload.

Not sure if either of these relate to your problem but it has happened to me in the past.
by nuccia
28 Dec 2013, 20:27
Topic: chelli surname
Replies: 11
Views: 3757

Re: chelli surname

Paola has replied back but I haven't approved the post yet because it contains her email address. I will send that to you privately suanj! :)