sounds good,,,i'll look foward to hearing from u..thanks
by nuccia
26 Nov 2005, 02:58
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames
Replies: 110
Views: 108265

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

I'm not sure if Cosimo was ever in the USA prior to 1972-1974 when he visited us in NY (we lived there for 5 years)...why? Possible that Enrico was in USA during the war but no one knows. Bruno Never left Italy that I know of..I will attempt looking at boat records for the war years but sometimes I ...
by nuccia
26 Nov 2005, 01:34

I have made some progress with the Angilletta side. Caterina Fudas first husband was named Enrico Angilletta who died in the war (1915 or 1918). They had one daughter Enricchetta who is still alive in Reggio Calabria (she is about 90 yrs old now). Bruno, his brother, my grandfather married her short...
by nuccia
25 Nov 2005, 16:15

thank, i look foward to hearing from anyone who may be able to give us a link..found a link throu one of the forums that direscted me to someone who is also looking for the angillettas..emailed her last night..i have learned so much through this!!! Yes I am enjoyinging it..my mom will be down later ...
by nuccia
25 Nov 2005, 08:29

Thanks Maria..I appreciate that. Meanwhile, I'm attempting to follow the Angillettas...all the names and years are similiar but I don't think they are the people I'm looking for. They are "cousins" to my father and I have located an uncle of dad's who died in Pittsburg..so there are still ...
by nuccia
24 Nov 2005, 16:17

I looked over Giuseppe Politos manifests..found he travelled with a younger man Pietro Naccarto who was going to Colorado to meet his father, Raffaele..John's brother-in-law, I assume. I guess Raffaele's wife was John's sister..any ideas about what to do next? Can't follow Angilletta/Fuda's...they a...
by nuccia
24 Nov 2005, 04:23

hi everyone...they seem to be cousins...we are checking out websites and manifests and have noticed other familiar names travelling together...its overwelming!The towns of Mammola and Grotteria are definetly familiar and I will keep you posted!Thanks for all the help and support!!!
by nuccia
23 Nov 2005, 05:06

Erminia Teresa Polito was born on Mar 30, 1912 in Trinidad Corado. She was baptized by Giuseppe Naccarato and Teresa Pettine on July 14, 1913 in Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Trinidad Colorado...I am named after her name is .On Feb 16, 1930 she married Ernesto Salvati in Malito, Cosenza.They moved...
by nuccia
23 Nov 2005, 01:37

NO, My dads family still live in Locri. My father, and his Brother came to Canada (dad came in 1957 on board the constitution and his brother and wife, and 1 child were already here). Caterina Fuda could have been from Mammola(?)RC and Nicodemo(?)may have been her first husbands mame.Their daughter,...
by nuccia
22 Nov 2005, 23:42

Thank you so much for all the info!!!Yes, this is John...I spoke to my mother and she recollects some of the info passed down by her deceased mother(Erminia POLITO )who went back to Italy with her mother and never saw her dad again. John stayed in the US until his death which was????? Raffeale Nacca...
by nuccia
22 Nov 2005, 06:02

Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

I'm looking for my maternal great grand parents Giovanni Polito and Vincenza Macchione.They appear to have lived in Trindad Colorado in 1910 -1914 but my great grand mother went back to Malito Cosenza Italy where she raised her children. I know nothing of either of them before this and nothing about...