Search found 3847 matches

by nuccia
25 Sep 2013, 06:57
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: DNA Testing
Replies: 57
Views: 55526

DNA Testing

Has anyone taken any of the DNA Tests out there? Which ones did you use? Preferences? Ive recently had one done with 23andMe and am thinking of doing the Family DNA one but am wondering what are the differences between the two. :D
by nuccia
26 Jul 2013, 16:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: DeTora Family From Teano Area
Replies: 8
Views: 1151

Re: DeTora Family From Teano Area

demari18 wrote:Oops! I put in the wrong year. It was 1880, #33, page 28 for Teano. Sorry. I can't do the link as I use the Ancestry site at the senior center in my town and won't be going there until next Wednesday.
Thank you - Demari
I corrected the original post with the change to the birth year. :D
by nuccia
26 Jul 2013, 10:10
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Francesco Sproviere
Replies: 4
Views: 1320

Re: Francesco Sproviere

In 2010 I did quite a bit of research for the Spovieri family of Lappano/Zumpano and Rovito for one of the family members. You can view some the info here:

http://www.gentedimareitaliangenealogy. ... index.html
by nuccia
19 Jul 2013, 15:49
Topic: VOLPIN, Giovanni from Rovigo - Veneto region
Replies: 10
Views: 2228

Re: VOLPIN, Giovanni from Rovigo - Veneto region

Meanwhile not sure if this site of history maps will help = but you never know!

http://www.edmaps.com/html/italy.html
by nuccia
19 Jul 2013, 15:44

Great post - and truly informative! THANK YOU for the information you taught me! I will look and see if I can find anything for you regarding the change in borders for Rovigo and get back to you!
by nuccia
19 Jul 2013, 13:31

You may also want to check here: https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1482864 .. Italy, Rovigo, Rovigo, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1871-1937
by nuccia
19 Jul 2013, 13:21

These are the Giovanni Volpin I found arriving in Brazil. Maybe one of them is yours? You can use http://www.cemla.com/ to check for other immigration records. Apellido y Nombre Edad Estado Civil Profesión Religión Nacionalidad Barco Procedencia Datos de arribo Nacido en Fecha de arribo / Puerto VOL...
by nuccia
19 Jul 2013, 13:08
Topic: Translation Help Requested
Replies: 2
Views: 532

Re: Translation Help Requested

This is his military record. Each male was registered to serve I believe in his 21 rst year [feel free to correct me if I am wrong]. If they served one of these would be written up as sort of a journal of duties from the time they registered until the time there duty ended. It would list where they ...
by nuccia
19 Jul 2013, 13:02
Topic: Putting the puzzle together
Replies: 20
Views: 3978

Re: Putting the puzzle together

Is it possible for you to link the manifest here? There may be some clues. Do you know his father's name? Also, where in the US did he settle- have you been able to place him on a census? Messina records are online on both Family Search and the Italian Archive site.
by nuccia
14 Jul 2013, 15:28
Topic: D'Agostino / Giannandrea
Replies: 9
Views: 4899

Re: D'Agostino / Giannandrea

The court records should be available at the state archives - I was able to purchase records of an ancestors trial. They can add up if you want the full trial. Are you able to write a letter in Italian to the Archives to request the info? By the way - court records are fascinating - I love reading a...
by nuccia
15 May 2013, 07:05
Topic: Italian Military Records
Replies: 4
Views: 1065

Re: Italian Military Records

You can try to attach the photo using a program such as http://imageshack.us/ (or other free uploading program). Someone here may be able to tell you something about the photo.
by nuccia
09 Apr 2013, 21:18
Topic: new member
Replies: 5
Views: 1504

Re: new member

I can take care of that - which one would you like removed?
by nuccia
11 Mar 2013, 03:05
Topic: Punctuation marks in historical vital records
Replies: 3
Views: 851

Re: Punctuation marks in historical vital records

Yes, that's usually what it means. It is often the end of a paragraph.
by nuccia
11 Mar 2013, 03:03
Topic: Searching for information
Replies: 1
Views: 345

Re: Searching for information

I'm sorry if this has already been replied to but we had a loss of some data and so we need to start again... Can you give us a bit more info like their children's names or if anyone came to the US?
by nuccia
10 Mar 2013, 17:51
Topic: System failure Caused Loss of Data - Please Read!
Replies: 0
Views: 909

System failure Caused Loss of Data - Please Read!

And we're back! Due to an unforeseen power failure of our servers and a hard disk crash the site was temporarily down for just over 24 hours. We have been working around the clock to restore the database as quickly as possible and were finally to get it up and running just a short time ago. Unfortun...