Search found 105 matches

by Marlena
24 Jan 2007, 18:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Replies: 99
Views: 118461

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Hello Again- Here is what I found out yesterday. Josephine DiMateo had 3 sisters maybe a 4th: Name ? but married a Catucci and was either married or had a son named Gaspar and he was a dentist. Gaspar Catucci had brothers, Bart, Frank and 2 others. They lived in SanJose, CA Catherine (aka; Kate !!!)...
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 22:53

Rubino Family Carmella Rubino Rinella's sister Salvatora Marlene, question , do you think Salvatora and Kate Alario from the 1910 census are the same person? Also, note mother's married name on possible death index. Thanks :D , Valarie -- Valerie, I will ask my Dad and Aunt tomorrow because I haven...
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 19:30

Salvadore and Augustina did live in Albion , NY and my Dad said he was in/drafted for WWI. He had a store there and had a fruit wagon. The name Spalli did ring some bells. We are all going over my Auntie's house tomorrow to see if I can't dig a bit farther. My grandmother was a widow at about 39 wit...
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 16:24

The second set sounds like a better match as far as age, wonder if the last names, Bruno, are just spelled wrong. I will ask my Dad and Aunt. Hope they are up to an inqusition!
Much Thanks!
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 09:26

I have a few more names to throw out. Kind of a mish mash of info, not sure who's side of the family they are on. Barone family; Joe, Philip (son & g. father?)- lived on Willow st, San Jose,Ca when my Dad lived on Vine St. There is a female Barone married to a Joe Campangia (I think I've seen th...
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 08:24

Marlene, is this the correct manifest? Valarie "Carmela (Carmella) Rubino Rinella is my grandmother. She landed at Ellis Island in 1901 with her husband, Giuseppe (Hinseppe on the ship manifest) Rinella. She was 19 and he was 24. They came from Trabia by way of Naples in 1901 on the Columbia.&...
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 04:47

I'll run this by my Dad and Aunt tomorrow. It's amazing how people just scatter in 100 years, lol ! Is there a way I can print out just one message at a time, every time I end up printing the whole thing.
Thanks, Marlene
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 03:38

Haven't heard of the DeMatteo name. My Aunt Josephine was married to a DeMalta though but always lived in San Jose,ca. Hummm.
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 02:04

That has to be them. Maybe the previous census made a mistake on the gender for Sante? All I know is that I was told she had four daughters, Santa/e, Mary, Josephine and Mary.

Your spoiling me you know!
Marlene
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 01:27

OMG !!! I have seen that name, Rinaldo, but never with the Quimby Rd address, I used to live there long ago! That's them. I asked my Unc. if the name Alero/Alario rang a bell, but no !!! My aunt has mentiond Sante/a has been mentioned as well as a Mamie(maybe Katie?) , too. They talked about a James...
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 00:58

Wow , your so fast! That's Josephine, Joseph, Sam, and my Dad Philip.
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 00:22

I asked my Dad and he said there wasn't any that he knew of. He was 14 when the Mom died and she only spoke Sicilian. The family kind of broke apart after that so I only have my Dad and one sister (Josephine) in San Jose that I can ask. Their memories are very rusty at 89 and 96, I can only be as lu...
by Marlena
22 Jan 2007, 00:00

Wow, that's it, you are the master !
But ! There is no Peter, there was a child that died before my father Phillip. The first child Joseph was born in Sicily but he was alive until he was 94ish.
by Marlena
21 Jan 2007, 21:32

Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Carmela (Carmella) Rubino Rinella is my grandmother. She landed at Ellis Island in 1901 with her husband, Giuseppe (Hinseppe on the ship manifest) Rinella. She was 19 and he was 24. They came from Trabia by way of Naples in 1901 on the Columbia. Carmela was born about 1882 and died in 1931 at age 49...
by Marlena
04 Oct 2006, 05:33
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Palermo, Sicily
Replies: 13
Views: 16588

Re: Palermo, Sicily

Hello~If you still have the micro film I'm looking for a Rinella-D'Anna connection in Trabia and Palermo. My grandfather was adopted by a Rinella after marrying my great grandmother who was originally married to a D'Anna. I don't have a real time frame on that info, possibly the mid 1850's. Thank you