by bousejg
25 Jul 2008, 03:23
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: responding to email
Replies: 1
Views: 3031

responding to email

How do I translate:
Please excuse me for not responding sooner as I was on vacation.

Congratulations on the baptism of your son, Andrea.

Thank you for your address and I will send you a package very soon.
by bousejg
27 Feb 2008, 03:57
Topic: How do you tell a potential relative why you are looking?
Replies: 34
Views: 33046

Re: How do you tell a potential relative why you are looking

Here's a switch. I received a letter from Italy asking me if I was related. I never sent this person a letter. I haven't sent any letters yet to Italy so I was surprised to received this letter out of the blue. AND it was written in English. I did write back to her telling her she was not related bu...
by bousejg
20 Feb 2008, 14:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carescia Loretta C and John H Andreano
Replies: 21
Views: 22286

Re: Carescia Loretta C and John H Andreano

As far as I can tell from my searching Filomena Tosches married Giovanni Creasia. They had 3 daughters (I think) Grace Rosetti, my grandmother, Loretta Andreano and I think Claire Sacco.
Any connection?
by bousejg
20 Feb 2008, 04:58
Topic: How do you tell a potential relative why you are looking?
Replies: 34
Views: 33046

Re: How do you tell a potential relative why you are looking

I haven't written any letters yet to Italy and just read all the comments on this subject. I'll take every one of the suggestions into consideration and then use my own judgement in writing to Italy. I do have one ?. Can I send a letter in English or do I have to have it translated in Italian?
by bousejg
20 Feb 2008, 04:12

My grandmother's maiden name was Filomena Tosches. She was born March 25 1858 in Casalvecchio. She died Jan 29, 1933 in Milford Mass.

Do you think this might be part of your family also?
by bousejg
14 Feb 2008, 21:18
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Province of Foggia
Replies: 4
Views: 6691

Re: Province of Foggia

Thanks, I connected to that site. No wonder I couldn't find the town the way my Mom spelled it! Now I can research my Dad's side of the family.
by bousejg
14 Feb 2008, 20:36
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Province of Foggia
Replies: 4
Views: 6691

Province of Foggia

Looking for a place called Cassa Delveccio. I don't think this is the correct spelling. My Mom says that's where her family is from. Can anyone tell me if and what the correct spelling would be?

Thanks,
Gloria
by bousejg
16 Jul 2007, 04:25
Topic: Altieri, Grosso, Jacaruso, Viglione, Fina, Martini
Replies: 9
Views: 11720

Re: Altieri, Grosso, Jacaruso, Viglione, Fina, Martini

Hi slacours, I'm originally from Waterbury CT also and have Grosso relatives. There are many Grosso's that lived in Waterbury so not sure if any of them are related. The names that I have are Pasquale Grosso who married my grandmother's sister, Natalie Cianciulli. Please let me know if they are rela...
by bousejg
17 Apr 2007, 21:37

OK, I did some digging and found a SS# for John Henry Andreano Sr - 044-03-8923. My Dad said he thinks this might be correct. Also got a SS# for Joseph Andreano 771-10-4130 and wondered also if his real name could be Giovianni? Still waiting reply from relative in New Jersey. Will keep you all poste...
by bousejg
17 Apr 2007, 15:58

Thanks everyone for all that information. Now I must dissect it all. Going to call my dad and go over all this info with him and also email my Unlce (88 yrs old). Will get back with you all later on this. Can't thank everyone enough for all you have done and all your help that I will probably need l...
by bousejg
16 Apr 2007, 04:52

Carescia Loretta C and John H Andreano

Looking for information for both families. Both from Cassa Delveccio Province of Foggia Italy. Moved to Framingham Mass I think.

Have an 91 yr old dad that is wondering if his mother had another sister other than a Claire and Grace. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
by bousejg
30 Nov 2006, 04:40
Topic: Bruno-Ciancuilli
Replies: 19
Views: 16685

Re: Bruno-Ciancuilli

Thanks Nuccia and jcsm400 for all your help. There is a local LDS center in Mesa which I understand is the largest in AZ. It's about 3hrs away but know a friend who lives close by. Will definetly look into that. Nuccia what do you mean that you couldn't make out the writing? Where was this writing? ...
by bousejg
30 Nov 2006, 02:49

How do I reply to a certain person, like Nucci? I asked my Mom about the name Madelena and she said it was her mother's sister. We called her Zilena so it came as a surprise to find her real name.

Any idea how to go about searching Italy for more information before they came over to Ellis Island?
by bousejg
20 Nov 2006, 13:51

Thanks everyone for the info on Bruno and Ciancuilli. Printing it out and going to talk to my Mom (89yrs old) and check with her on all this info. Will get back to everyone after the Holidays. You all have been a great help. Happy Thanksgiving.
by bousejg
19 Nov 2006, 13:34

RE: Bruno/Ciancialli Thanks JCSM..all the names match but never heard of Bruns. Was that a misspelling on the Census? That 1930 census would be the age the family was at that time, right? Do I now have to look for the name of Bruns? The New Haven thing threw me off, but now I remember that's the Cou...