Search found 387 matches

by Poipuo4
12 Dec 2006, 20:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need help finding info. on Guiseppe Insarda
Replies: 14
Views: 8229

Re: Need help finding info. on Guiseppe Insarda

Thank you, JCSM. I think I have to cry a little now. :cry: I can't believe you found that. That is most definitely them! That really means a lot to me. Teresina died the next year at about 27 years old of t.b. IMHO very tragic to die under 30 and leave 4 children and to never live out "The Amer...
by Poipuo4
12 Dec 2006, 17:42

Yes, VJ. That is them. However, this is odd. Ellis Island has two entries with that info. (including the brother Carmelo and uncle Domenico). First Name: Teresa Last Name: Ventura Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South Last Place of Residence: Laureana di B. Date of Arrival: Nov 09, 1903 Age at Arrival: 28...
by Poipuo4
12 Dec 2006, 17:27

Oh, gosh! I think that is it! Her death certificate says Teresina Ventura. Plus, I know from her Ellis Island papers that her first destination was Brooklyn. That is Kings County, right? I already have an order, searching 1903-1906 in the archives, so I am hoping that will include the certificate. T...
by Poipuo4
12 Dec 2006, 15:21

Thank you. Yes, that was their son. Do you have any recommendations what information I should be looking for next? Is there census info. or should I now turn to Italian records?
by Poipuo4
12 Dec 2006, 14:28

Need help finding info. on Guiseppe Insarda

Can someone tell me what I should do next in my search? I am looking for Guiseppe Insarda. His Americanized name would be Joseph Insardi. All I have is his Ellis Island records: First Name: Guiseppe Last Name: Insarda Ethnicity: Italian, South Italian Last Place of Residence: Feroleto Date of Arriva...
by Poipuo4
08 Dec 2006, 14:51
Topic: Restrictions on obtaining old Italian birth certificates?
Replies: 5
Views: 6550

Re: Restrictions on obtaining old Italian birth certificates

Thank you for all of that great information! When I was in Italy, I gave my friend a copy of the birth certificate that my grandmother brought with her from Italy (she emmigrated in 1909 and was born in 1901). I am so lucky she saved things! It was a copy for immigration purposes, as opposed to the ...
by Poipuo4
07 Dec 2006, 19:22
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: How to make a good cup of Italian espresso coffee
Replies: 3
Views: 4995

Re: How to make a good cup of Italian espresso coffee

You know what I cannot find: espresso that is so thick, it is like mud! When I visited my grandmother's ancestral village near Benevento, I had the best "muddy" expresso. It was so rich. Everything I have had since then in the U.S. is just strong coffee in a little cup!
by Poipuo4
05 Dec 2006, 14:25
Topic: Restrictions on obtaining old Italian birth certificates?
Replies: 5
Views: 6550

Restrictions on obtaining old Italian birth certificates?

A friend of mine in Italy found my grandmother's birth certificate but said that the law prevents him from obtaining a copy at the moment. The certificate is from 1901 and my grandmother has been dead for about 20 years. Would you happen to know what restrictions may prevent him from making a copy? ...
by Poipuo4
04 Dec 2006, 14:47
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation for Christmas greetings
Replies: 2
Views: 4078

Translation for Christmas greetings

I want to send a Christmas card to the president of the Italian-American club in my family's ancestral town in Benevento. (We met him last month and he gave us a wonderful tour of the town.) Even though this is not the translation of a genealogy document, would someone mind helping? "We wish yo...
by Poipuo4
03 Dec 2006, 23:58
Topic: Limongelli family from Paduli, Italy
Views: 16074

Limongelli family from Paduli, Italy

I was curious if anyone has done research on the Limongelli family from Paduli, Italy? My grandmother, Michelina Limongelli, was born there in 1901, and emigrated to the US in 1908. Her mom was Maria Pascale Limongelli (born approx. 1870)and her dad was Vito Antonio Limongelli (born approx. 1870). H...
by Poipuo4
03 Dec 2006, 21:26
Topic: Angelicola surname in Celenza, Foggia
Replies: 40
Views: 57588

Re: Angelicola surname in Celenza, Foggia

I hope you don't mind that I jumped on to this chain, but my husband's grandmother was born in Celenza, Teresa Spallone Zarelli. They settled in Waterbury in the early 1900s. I saw mention of the Zarelli last name above, so it could be a relation to us. We just visited Celenza less than a month ago....