Search found 264 matches

by peggymckee
20 Jan 2008, 18:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Proper Divorce Documents
Replies: 9
Views: 7374

Re: Proper Divorce Documents

my parents got divorced when I was 15. I believe that the Consulate is concerned that your parents were married when you were born. I would be surprised if custody came into it. But honestly I don't know. There is a lot about "Divorce Italian Style" that doesn't really make sense to me. I...
by peggymckee
20 Jan 2008, 16:27
Topic: Questions Regarding Documents for IDC
Replies: 2
Views: 4077

Re: Questions Regarding Documents for IDC

1. Do all the documents I am gathering need to have been obtained within one year of my appointment ? 2. The same website states that if going through the Miami or Chicago Consulate, a document entitled Certificato Di Cittadinanza (Italian Certificate of Citizenship) must be obtained and submitted....
by peggymckee
20 Jan 2008, 00:37

Luca722 wrote:What if it doesn't conform?
Sorry, but I don't know. Here's a link to the Boston Consulate page where "foreign" divorces are discussed.
http://www.consboston.esteri.it/Consola ... to_civile/
by peggymckee
19 Jan 2008, 22:06

The consulate also wants a Certificate of Divorce Judgement NACI and a Copy of Agreement. I think you mean "nisi" not "naci". A decree nisi (non-absolute ruling) is a ruling by a court that does not have any force until such time that a particular condition is met. ... Not knowi...
by peggymckee
14 Jan 2008, 13:30
Topic: question
Replies: 5
Views: 4540

Re: question

PeterTimber wrote:it's gotta be there!!
Gervasius hopes that his GGF naturalized after his GF was born. Otherwise, he isn't eligible from his father's side.

Gervasius--might you be eligible via your mother's side? Peg
by peggymckee
14 Jan 2008, 12:45
Topic: question
Views: 4540

Re: question

The 1930 census indicates that he was naturalized but I got a letter of nonexistence of naturalization from the archives for him You need to check county and state courts, NARA has only federal court records for your region. The Consulates generally accept only a no records letter from USCIS. Have ...
by peggymckee
11 Jan 2008, 13:49
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Critical Data Losses Associated with Family Tree Maker 2008
Replies: 6
Views: 8616

Re: Critical Data Losses Associated with Family Tree Maker 2

when I loaded FTM 16 I got the message that it is known to have compatibility issues. I'm no computer expert, but Microsoft used to have a way to making incompaticle programs work better. Try googling--that's how I found the part of their website that deals with these issues. I've no experience wit...
by peggymckee
10 Jan 2008, 20:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: City Directories - New York and New Jersey
Replies: 13
Views: 11758

Re: City Directories - New York and New Jersey

Any New York research tips would also be appreciated. My tip: Always make clear whether you are talking about NY City or NY State (i.e. in New York State but not in New York City). It can make a world of difference since records are in a different place for each, with different rules. Also for NYC,...
by peggymckee
10 Jan 2008, 20:23
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Maiden names and cases of women not using them
Views: 8618

Re: Maiden names and cases of women not using them

nlynncar9 wrote:she was travelling without her husband
Women traveling without men were sometimes detained until they could be picked up by a male relative. I can point you to an example of this in the Ellis Island manifests, if you're interested. All the best, Peg
by peggymckee
10 Jan 2008, 19:05
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Maiden names and cases of women not using them
Views: 8618

Re: Maiden names and cases of women not using them

Dear Lynn, I don't know what it means--however, my own GM (married, with her son, but not with my GF, who was already in the US) traveled to the US in 1915 with her 6 year old son. Her son's name was (correctly) listed as my GF's and her name was listed as her maiden name. They came through Ellis Is...
by peggymckee
04 Jan 2008, 15:55
Topic: Lee's vs. DC
Views: 4256

Re: Lee's vs. DC

Luca: I had a similar experience to Poipuo4's. Send the request to Lee's Summit. It will take 4-6 weeks to get back a tracking #.

Poipuo4: And the index card gave you no new leads?

All the best, Peg
by peggymckee
03 Jan 2008, 21:49
Topic: Appointment wait time
Views: 8366

Re: Appointment wait time

Dear GMontanaro--

Many thanks for the clarification. Corrections are really difficult once those concerned are gone, so you're lucky that your Dad took care of his himself! All the best, Peg
by peggymckee
03 Jan 2008, 02:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: requesting family records
Replies: 27
Views: 21999

Re: requesting family records

I'm just a beginner in Italian-but here are some small corrections. Peg ed abitare --> ed abito sul mio nonno --> su mio nonno in Carta Legale --> in carta libera Sto includendo il pagamento per l'affrancatura di ritorno e del certificato. --> including payment is not necessary--by law the certifica...
by peggymckee
02 Jan 2008, 00:44
Topic: Vital Records required?
Replies: 3
Views: 2719

Re: Vital Records required?

If your certified documents can be apostilled, then I'm pretty sure Boston will accept them. But the Consulate has the last word, of course.
The link is to Mass. Sec. State--who does the apostilles.
http://www.sec.state.ma.us/pre/precom/comidx.htm