Search found 6751 matches

by PeterTimber
11 Nov 2014, 00:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Search relatives from Leonardo Straface
Replies: 3
Views: 1107

Re: Search relatives from Leonardo Straface

Rather than look for cemetaries seek out the children whose father may be Giuseppe and Luigi Straface you can call or write to Daniel Straface,369 Jacobs Drive,Morgantown, West Virginia 26505 or Suzi Straface, 32 Vintor Place, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505. The telephone number is 304-599-3850 or ...
by PeterTimber
10 Nov 2014, 23:13
Topic: Search relatives from Leonardo Straface
Views: 1107

Re: Search relatives from Leonardo Straface

Piero the only persons that I came across quickly is one NATALE STRAFACE from San Giovanni in Fiore, Provincia Cosenza,Calabria. He entered the USA at NYC on November 19, 1902 destined to his cousin BUZZINO in Fairmount, West Virginia. If this is one of the two you recognize then please let me know ...
by PeterTimber
10 Nov 2014, 22:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Change of Residency from Sicily to Rome
Views: 1642

Re: Change of Residency from Sicily to Rome

Since you appear to reside in Italy, you may wish to ask Mr Enrico Sbrulli whose website is in Rome, Italy and is a branch of a California law firm dedicated to Italy land, property issues and general administrative matters at www.italianlaw.net/contactUs.aspx which advertises free 20 minutes consul...
by PeterTimber
09 Nov 2014, 22:53
Topic: Ruffo/Ruffa/LaRuffa -- Calabrese surnames
Replies: 2
Views: 1699

Re: Ruffo/Ruffa/LaRuffa -- Calabrese surnames

Actually some written history about the Ruffo titled surname (Calabria) maybe helpful if you can read Italian or someone you know can translate the family history for you since it is the base surname for the family and identifies that family's crest. http://www.nobili-napoletani.it/Ruffo_Calabria.ht...
by PeterTimber
09 Nov 2014, 22:31
Topic: Entry or Arrival
Replies: 16
Views: 5116

Re: Entry or Arrival

I think our Francesco Pezzano's son is the owner of the Restaurante Saraceno up in Boston, Massachusetts @617-227-5353. Peter
by PeterTimber
09 Nov 2014, 19:40

What address did he have for his ww11 draft card? Just curious. Peter
by PeterTimber
09 Nov 2014, 17:04

Postscript: There are only two DAMIAN (Damiano) Pezzano listed in the USA and one appears to be deceased and the remaining one is probably the son of the Damiano, (he is aged84) being sought by you who resides in the Bronx, NY. Sometimes when you run out of resources you can just pick up the telepho...
by PeterTimber
09 Nov 2014, 15:59

Your identifiers are basic but still searchable if you can include a date, or a year or an approximate year of birth that might help more than you might realize. In the interim perhaps you can call NARA at their Waltham Massachusetts office and speak to a clerk. If I were coming from Italy BOSTON wo...
by PeterTimber
09 Nov 2014, 14:30
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: My Nonno's military service
Views: 3229

Re: My Nonno's military service

Usually the records are free of charges but should there be a charge an invoice will first be sent so don't send any monies. Peter
by PeterTimber
09 Nov 2014, 04:35
Topic: Surname Assante di Cupillo
Replies: 5
Views: 6218

Re: Surname Assante di Cupillo

Assante di Cupillo or any variation is not listed in the Italian surname dictionary thus making it a name local in origin or imported from abroad and Italianized. There is no dictionary word for Assante nor Cupillo. Local surnames were usually based on nicknames, first names, occupations or even an ...
by PeterTimber
09 Nov 2014, 04:24

Please file the NATF form #81 which I indicated to you in my last response above. Go to this website for the Form: www.archives.gov/contact/inquire-form.html Peter
by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 21:33
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Stanco, Nunzio Death
Replies: 15
Views: 2497

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

Thanks for reminding me that half the people are below average and 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot! Thanks Peter
by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 21:24
Topic: New rule at SF consulate require affidavit by living relativ
Replies: 1
Views: 1209

Re: New rule at SF consulate require affidavit by living rel

There is an established San Francisco Italian oriented attorney, Mr Anthony Alioto of http://www.Italianlaw.net who deals in Italy land matters but is willing to entertain other questions and usually free of charge. His e-mail address is italianlaw@comcast.net Perhaps he may be oif assistance in thi...
by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 21:10
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Stanco, Nunzio Death
Replies: 15
Views: 2497

Re: Stanco, Nunzio Death

This is similar to the Spanish Language name for a female CONSUELO which is exclusively female while Nunzio sounds more like a typographical error unless there is a precedent somewhere down the road? Peter
by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 20:19
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: My Nonno's military service
Views: 3229

Re: My Nonno's military service

Send e-mail to as-cb@beniculturali.it with form letter located in http://freeitaliantranslations.blogspot.com requesting a "Registro di Leva" (military records) Peter