Search found 6751 matches

by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 19:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Military Record
Replies: 14
Views: 3423

Re: Military Record

I would suggest you follow the format used for other civil records which is of two months duration prior to issuing a follow-up letter. Peter
by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 19:21
Topic: Asteriti surname
Replies: 6
Views: 1793

Re: Asteriti surname

Marnie you would best be served in your genealogy research with the reference book Italian Genealogical Records By Trafford R. Cole which is an easy read and can be obtained form your library or purchased for your library. It is replete with basic information, fotos and illustrations of documents an...
by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 19:13
Topic: Ruffo/Ruffa/LaRuffa -- Calabrese surnames
Replies: 2
Views: 1654

Re: Ruffo/Ruffa/LaRuffa -- Calabrese surnames

Ruffo is the base surname for all the variations: Ruffi,Ruffolo,Ruffoli,Rujolo which is spread out thruout Southern Italy. Other surnames are alterations of the variations. The surname stems from the first names Ruffo, Ruffolo, Rufus and Ruffolus.The roman sjurname RUFUS stemming from latin Ruber (r...
by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 18:42
Topic: Scala/Ranieri (sp?)
Replies: 3
Views: 1033

Re: Scala/Ranieri (sp?)

Ancestry.com (http://www.ancientfaces.com) has complete family surname records for both Scala and Ranieri which may complete your research objectives for those surnames in Sora. Peter
by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 16:17
Topic: Scala/Ranieri (sp?)
Replies: 1
Views: 747

Re: Scala/Ranieri (sp?)

http://www.ancientfaces.com Do the same for Ranieri. Peter
by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 15:59
Topic: Raffael Papa c1830
Replies: 2
Views: 773

Re: Raffael Papa c1830

There is an Anthony papa born 1853 listed in website http://www.anglo-italianfhs.org.uk
Peter
by PeterTimber
08 Nov 2014, 14:54
Topic: Asteriti surname
Views: 1793

Re: Asteriti surname

Send form letter from http://www.circolocalabrese.org and click genealogy for letter generator in Italian. Send by e-mail to Patrizia.fauci@comune.isoladicaporizzuto.kr.it Normally there is no charge and wait 4-8 weeks. Peter
by PeterTimber
07 Nov 2014, 14:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: any one related to luigi polletti napels about 1840
Views: 2404

Re: any one related to luigi polletti napels about 1840

Is there any way you can rummage around his collection of things;ike old fotos which often indicate the photographer in Italy..we need the name of the town of origin and then we will be home free !
What is that "Napels" thing signifiy? Peter
by PeterTimber
06 Nov 2014, 21:31
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: ice cream vendors
Replies: 16
Views: 11142

Re: ice cream vendors

Dear Hazelyon I am curious as to whether Adam POWLETTE is your Adam as it were? Peter
by PeterTimber
02 Nov 2014, 21:18
Topic: Pecoraro Family
Views: 7223

Re: Pecoraro Family

1882 .....sorry for the typo on SS Elysia. Peter
by PeterTimber
02 Nov 2014, 14:57
Topic: Pecoraro Family
Views: 7223

Re: Trombatore Immigration

Mardi I am looking for immigration information for my grandfather Bernardo Trombatore to New Orleans. Can I find this online? Terry Trombatore Hi Terry, welcome! :-) Are you sure about the arrival of Bernardo in Port of New Orleans? Can you provide any details like date of birth, place of birth, si...
by PeterTimber
02 Nov 2014, 14:32
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: ice cream vendors
Replies: 16
Views: 11142

Re: ice cream vendors

While I am not if this relates I did come across a marriage between ADAM POWLETTE (name change?) and MARY HUNTER who were married in Leeds (9b551 #) in June, 1883 in West Riding of Yorkshire. Please advise if this has any relevance. Peter
by PeterTimber
01 Nov 2014, 18:38
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: any one related to luigi polletti napels about 1840
Views: 2404

Re: any one related to luigi polletti napels about 1840

please decide which of the two inquiries you wish to use so that we can get administratively geared up to go as it were. Please advise us if napels is a name or a place your pointing out? Peter