Search found 6751 matches

by PeterTimber
30 Oct 2014, 22:36
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?
Replies: 84
Views: 221366

Re: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?

The Hellenes who name were used synonomously to denote a common Greek civilization identity were always cited for their light complexion and blonde hair. Although debated, John Scotts treatise in 1925 about the blonde locks of the Achaeans (Greeks), especially those who were mentioned by Homer are p...
by PeterTimber
30 Oct 2014, 22:25

The Hellenes who were considered to denote a common Greek civizilational identity were
by PeterTimber
30 Oct 2014, 21:17

Hi folks I managed to find the time to research The yet unreached consensus on the origin of the blonde haired historic Greeks (Achaeans). In Homer the color of the hair of the greeks is always mentioned as light whenthat color is mentioned at all. The complexion is inferred from the color of the ha...
by PeterTimber
30 Oct 2014, 20:19
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Street Names
Replies: 14
Views: 5955

Re: Street Names

Erudita thanks for you patience but I want to point out to you and Tomtst that I first answered the initial inquiry byTomst and afterward that I took licence to discuss a 50 year old legends' successful finality that actually started in the University of Perugia Italy when I was a student. Peter
by PeterTimber
29 Oct 2014, 05:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: TERAMO ABRUZZI FAMILY TREES
Replies: 4
Views: 1374

Re: TERAMO ABRUZZI FAMILY TREES

I came across your good news quite by accident and am very happy for your successful family researches. Lately I have been finally achieving a breakthrough in 50 year legend about Abruzzo and being the stopping off place for veterans of the 10th legion called back from England during Emperor Hadrian...
by PeterTimber
29 Oct 2014, 04:51
Topic: Adopted grandmother, surname Febbraio
Replies: 10
Views: 2442

Re: Adopted grandmother, surname Febbraio

Perhaps reading about adoption in Italy might help you. Go to the top of this page where it says ARTICLES and it discusses tracing the Italian genealogy of adopted persons. Knowing more about the subject may help you in someway ascertain if its possible for you to obtain adoption records. Peter
by PeterTimber
29 Oct 2014, 04:30
Topic: re:birth record in sanfilippo del mela messina
Replies: 10
Views: 1923

Re: re:birth record in sanfilippo del mela messina

The Puleio surname is well documented in eastern Sicily in the Messina area. Peter
by PeterTimber
28 Oct 2014, 21:41
Topic: Salvatore Gagliano from Napoli
Replies: 37
Views: 7993

Re: Salvatore Gagliano from Napoli

A great reference book for you (who could resist Tessa's abilities and charms?) is Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole which is an deasy read chock full of information, illustrations and photgos of documents which you can read at your leisure and absorb information with greater understa...
by PeterTimber
28 Oct 2014, 21:27

All I know is that Western Scandinavia Vikings are within our west European ken but there is a part of the Eastern Viking World that I know little about but recall reading about their journeys South thru the Balkans and Russia to the Mediterranean and the Black Sea. Peter
by PeterTimber
28 Oct 2014, 14:50

Vikings were sentby the Emperor Justinian with the famous Eastern Empire General Belisarius (his name is still being used in Italy as Belisario) who briefly rejoined the eastern and western Roman Empire for a brief period. In brief, the Vikings who had long known about the Roman empire used to come ...
by PeterTimber
27 Oct 2014, 15:31

You know I was the first respondent to the original inquiry by some young lady many many years ago and I marvel that this subject has never died a peaceful death! I even remember describing that the original Hellenes were actually early Vikings penetrating the Mediterranean coming down the south flo...
by PeterTimber
27 Oct 2014, 14:02
Topic: CALEO Angela, Married a PITTORINO
Replies: 34
Views: 7737

Re: CALEO Angela, Married a PITTORINO

There is a book titled Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole which is an easy read with many illustrations and photos of documents and indices. It is. at once, a primer and a reference book which will dispel and explain Italian genealogy in a manner that makes people interested and knowle...
by PeterTimber
26 Oct 2014, 18:34
Topic: Raffaelo De Nobile
Replies: 8
Views: 2231

Re: Raffaelo De Nobile

It would seem logic and ethics 101. Peter
by PeterTimber
26 Oct 2014, 18:17
Topic: Raffaelo De Nobile
Replies: 8
Views: 2231

Re: Raffaelo De Nobile

We did this dance sometime in 2007 (see google.com) and by this time why would you need anybody when you can do this yourself since you seem to have a handle on things? Peter