Search found 5201 matches

by johnnyonthespot
26 Aug 2008, 21:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Question about required documents
Replies: 13
Views: 8865

Re: Question about required documents

On another note......have you attempted to collect the actual naturalization documents to verify the exact dates?? wldspirit No, I haven't done that yet. I think that this manifest is self evident though. Your thoughts? He's on line 26, Pietro Certo. It says US citizens at the top too.. That pretty...
by johnnyonthespot
26 Aug 2008, 13:07

As I said in my earlier post, Ireland offers citizenship jure sanguinis just as Italy does; the major difference being that Italy allows you to go back an unlimited number of generations to find an Italian citizen ascendant, whereas Ireland limits you to your grandparents. You can find more info at...
by johnnyonthespot
26 Aug 2008, 05:42

Wow.. that's sad.. Does that mean that I am not eligible for dual citizenship? :cry: Both of my paternal grandparents were born in Sicily. My grandpop was naturalized in 1921. My father was born in 1930. I'm not sure when my grandmother was naturalized. It had to be after 1924 because that's when s...
by johnnyonthespot
26 Aug 2008, 00:33

Wow.. that's sad.. Does that mean that I am not eligible for dual citizenship? :cry: Both of my paternal grandparents were born in Sicily. My grandpop was naturalized in 1921. My father was born in 1930. I'm not sure when my grandmother was naturalized. It had to be after 1924 because that's when s...
by johnnyonthespot
23 Aug 2008, 16:33
Topic: My grandmothers name
Replies: 14
Views: 10304

Re: My grandmothers name

Located in, and researching in Province of Frosinone Hello, ItalySearcher. I don't wish to hijack this thread, but I could not help but notice that you are located just 33km north of my paternal grandparent's comune, Roccasecca . Are you native Italian? If not, may I ask from where you began this t...
by johnnyonthespot
22 Aug 2008, 20:00
Topic: Find unknown siblings within a family
Replies: 14
Views: 11575

Re: Find unknown siblings within a family

Experts, I am trying to find siblings left behind of 3 brothers that moved from Bella, PZ to the US. I have written before to the records office in Bella, Italy but not on this subject. The brothers were born in 1860 (Vincenzo), 1862 (Michelangelo), and 1875 (Antonio). LDS microfilm ends in 1860 fo...
by johnnyonthespot
20 Aug 2008, 13:31
Topic: How i can find three sisters settled and married in USA?
Replies: 22
Views: 16895

Re: How i can find three sisters settled and married in USA?

Hi Johnnyonthespot, i read other thread and i give you an answer like personal message.... i live in Palermo and i have several informations of my family in sicily from 18th Century. I'm searching informations about relatives settled in Usa not in Italy. Someone married there and one by one i'm fou...
by johnnyonthespot
20 Aug 2008, 12:51
Topic: How i can find three sisters settled and married in USA?
Replies: 22
Views: 16895

Re: How i can find three sisters settled and married in USA?

Good Morning, i need your help to find three sisters, of my grand father, born in Italy and settled in Chicago , Illinois last century. I'm going crazy why i don't know the surname of their husband. i searched in various data bases like ellisisland,ssdi, illlinois state archive, familysearch , ance...
by johnnyonthespot
19 Aug 2008, 17:45
Topic: Who do I contact to find info on my Great Grandfather?
Replies: 2
Views: 3458

Re: Who do I contact to find info on my Great Grandfather?

It seems that no one in my family knows my Great Grandfathers Birth date or birth place...I was trying to acquire a working Visa to live in Italy for awhile and was told that I need his info since he was born there..is this true and who do I contact...any help would be very very appreciated Would y...
by johnnyonthespot
19 Aug 2008, 16:36
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help deciphering sponsor info in 1901 ship manifest
Replies: 5
Views: 4747

Re: Help deciphering sponsor info in 1901 ship manifest

I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi and my Greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (and their sons) went in Illinois in 1880-1920 nasca - This may have come up already but I will mention it for what it is worth. The name "Genualdi" appears in Ital...
by johnnyonthespot
19 Aug 2008, 15:42
Topic: Help deciphering sponsor info in 1901 ship manifest
Replies: 5
Views: 4747

Re: Help deciphering sponsor info in 1901 ship manifest

Hi all, My gggf Pietro Sabatini came over in December 1901. His sponsor was listed as his brother Guiseppe. I found Guiseppe's record for January 1901, but am having trouble deciphering the script pertaining to his sponsor. The name appears to be Guiseppe Bernardo or something like that, but I can'...
by johnnyonthespot
18 Aug 2008, 15:55
Topic: 'storico' letter
Replies: 53
Views: 51653

Re: 'storico' letter

Actually, who I'm stuck on is Celestino Ferlazzo. Ernesto Ferlazzo is his son, he lost his citizenship and remained in Italy, fathered an illegitimate son we can't find, and died. Not worried about Ernesto. The other respondent mistakenly assumed that's what I was looking for. It's not what I was l...
by johnnyonthespot
18 Aug 2008, 11:51
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Dual citizenship - is it possible?
Replies: 8
Views: 7671

Re: Dual citizenship - is it possible?

Roslyn, I suggest you begin a new thread with an appropriate subject ("Regaining citizenship through military service" perhaps?) and include everything you know about the details of the case. When did your father leave Italy? In what country and when did he naturalize? When/why did he retu...
by johnnyonthespot
18 Aug 2008, 09:03
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Dual citizenship - is it possible?
Replies: 8
Views: 7671

Re: Dual citizenship - is it possible?

Thank you for your reply! So the only avenue left is to live in Italy for a year and then I can claim citizenship? roslyn, Didn't you mention in another thread/another board that, "My dad served in the Italian armed forces so I am not sure if he can have his citizenship reinstated as a dual ba...
by johnnyonthespot
17 Aug 2008, 22:42
Topic: 'storico' letter
Replies: 53
Views: 51653

Re: 'storico' letter

I think they are saying that the Ferlazzo family roots appear to have been in Comune di Taormina and they suggest you continue your research with that village (http://en.comuni-italiani.it/083/097/).