Search found 151 matches

by gemellua
01 Oct 2019, 23:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need help locating a family through USA Census
Replies: 4
Views: 709

Re: Need help locating a family through USA Census

Thank you for the information Parker! I'll check out your suggestions.

In regards to Randazzo's Fish Market (Arthur Ave., Bronx) I am very familiar with the store. The owners are not related to me. Their family are from Termini Imerese, Sicily.
by gemellua
25 Sep 2019, 21:16

Re: Need help locating a family through USA Census

Tessa78,

Thank you for replying. Just pmed you. Hope you can assist.

G
by gemellua
25 Sep 2019, 17:44

Need help locating a family through USA Census

I am trying to find a couple who married in the USA. They probably did so at a NY (Manhattan,Bronx, or New Rochelle) church without getting a license (which I have seen done with a number of relatives). Since I can't find a marriage license, I am hoping that they can be found through our census. I h...
by gemellua
21 May 2019, 03:16
Topic: Sicilian Vital Records
Views: 876

Re: Sicilian Vital Records

Matteo's sons were all children at the time of his death as far as I am aware.
by gemellua
19 May 2019, 20:29

Re: Sicilian Vital Records

Marty, Thank you for the link. I've looked through the year and don't see him listed (I may have overlooked it). His name was Matteo Randazzo. I think I see an Antonino Randazzo on the page you linked, but not Matteo. Was told he died 15 November 1847.
by gemellua
11 May 2019, 02:01

Sicilian Vital Records

Does anyone know if FHC had earlier records for some towns before they went online? The reason I am asking is because I was given a date for the death of my grandfather which is not a date listed on FHC's site for the town. The town (Sciara) records online start at 1862. My grandfather died in 1847....
by gemellua
28 Apr 2019, 01:39
Topic: Need info - Randazzo/DiBona
Replies: 11
Views: 1390

Re: Need info - Randazzo/DiBona

Thank you!
by gemellua
27 Apr 2019, 07:05

Re: Need info - Randazzo/DiBona

Thank you for the information everyone! Sorry I typed the incorrect year of birth for Giuseppa DiBona. I had been given a date of 1891. All I was told was that the families were from Sicily. This is very interesting. I noticed on the Ellis Island manifest erudita74, that there is a 6 year old Giusep...
by gemellua
26 Apr 2019, 07:05

Need info - Randazzo/DiBona

Married: 18 August 1917, Manhattan, NY, USA (Certificate 6802

Would like to know if their marriage record list the following:

Benedetto Randazzo - Place of Birth/Year of Birth/Parents
Giuseppa DiBona - Place of Birth/Parents

I know Giuseppa was born in 1917. She died in Bronx, NY 1970.

Thank you
by gemellua
29 Jan 2019, 00:47
Topic: Anselmo
Replies: 10
Views: 1322

Re: Anselmo

Thank you. The Martone/Fucci are the correct grandparents. So the Tommaso Andelmo born in 1898 is the correct one. Tommaso married Mary, daughter of Antonio Martone & Chiarina Fucci. Mary died in giving birth to their daughter Mary C. Anselmo. MCA went on to marry Angelo M. Guglielmo. I like to ...
by gemellua
27 Jan 2019, 21:59

Re: Anselmo

Thanks Marty and gaspaol for the quick reply! So family may have thought Tommaso was born in Sicily? Will have to check next time I am in NY. Been told he is buried in St. Ray's. I am not a paying member on Ancestry so I don't have access to view the tree you listed gaspaol. Again much thanks to you...
by gemellua
27 Jan 2019, 20:45

Anselmo

Looking for info for Tommaso Anselmo and his wife. Born in Sicily. I don't know what year or town he came from.The listing of Tommaso' on Ellis Island are either too old or too young. He married a woman (also Sicilian but may have been born the the USA) by the name Maria/Mary - do not know her surna...
by gemellua
27 Jan 2019, 20:32
Topic: Info needed - Guglielmo
Views: 736

Re: Info needed - Guglielmo

Told his birth date was March 15, 1891 Andretta, Italy. Died Oct 28, 1964 Bronx, NY. Found date of death on Ancestry. Cert # 11831. There's a household number (don't know what that will tell) 656918. Once again I was told wife's name was not Giuseppa - but Maria Antonietta or Antonia, born June 5 or...
by gemellua
26 Jan 2019, 18:31
Topic: Info needed - Guglielmo
Views: 736

Re: Info needed - Guglielmo

Thanks Marty & Biff83 - Don't know if he had a brother. I'm beng told Michelarangelo's wife was Maria Antonietta/Antonia not Giuseppa.