Search found 69 matches

by stuartcapaldi
06 May 2009, 08:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved
Replies: 37
Views: 20333

Re: Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved

Laura I have now been in touch with Filomena's grand daughter in USA requesting if she knows any pieces of family history. Filomena's daughter Carmela is living in USA but she does not have a good memory, therefore her facts may be limited. The information that I now have is that Filomena travelled...
by stuartcapaldi
04 May 2009, 19:10

Pink67 Laura Thanks for the information excellent work. However it also raises some more questions This confirms the Munich connection with my Capaldi family. As her parents both worked in Munich and her brother, my grandfather was born in Munich. But continued to travel between San Giuseppe Picini...
by stuartcapaldi
03 May 2009, 09:29
Topic: Tobia/Gizzi/Coia/Valente family history.
Replies: 1
Views: 3591

Re: Tobia/Gizzi/Coia/Valente family history.

Shifra, I have Gizzi, Coia and Valente, all from the Val di Comino, in my family tree. Check out my web site which includes all my family names from San Giuseppe, Picinisco, Vallegrande, Villa Latina and Atina. www.capaldi-clan.com Large numbers of families came to Scotland over the past 150 years. ...
by stuartcapaldi
27 Apr 2009, 20:38
Topic: Fusco/Arpino/D'Agostino/Cascarino families of Edinburgh
Replies: 13
Views: 15793

Re: Fusco/Arpino/D'Agostino/Cascarino families of Edinb

There is a record for Samuel Fusco age 67 in year 1959 in the district of Canongate. Record does not have an image to view to see complete entry. Mother's maiden name is not given. ref GRO 685/03 0075 Marriage record dated 16/06/1919 Samuel Fusco hairdresser of Candlemaker Row age 26 Father, Bennet ...
by stuartcapaldi
27 Apr 2009, 11:18
Topic: Fusco/Arpino/D'Agostino/Cascarino families of Edinburgh
Replies: 13
Views: 15793

Re: Fusco/Arpino/D'Agostino/Cascarino families of Edinb

Scott, Have you tried the http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk ? If Salvatore died in Scotland they will have it on record. If you live in Edinburgh or nearby, you have a choice to either search on line which is costly if you are making errors or go to their building at the east end of Princes Street. ...
by stuartcapaldi
27 Apr 2009, 10:46
Topic: Trying to find Dagostino/Pacitti
Replies: 4
Views: 4803

Re: Trying to find Dagostino/Pacitti

Hello, There is a large number of families in Edinburgh and Glasgow, Scotland with D'agostino and Pacitti names. They all come from Picinisco & Villa Latina in the Val di Comino check the site www.capaldi-clan.com to view several names from the area. If you find that it is this area from which your ...
by stuartcapaldi
14 Jan 2009, 16:31
Topic: Need help finding info on great grandparents FUSCO/ARPINO
Replies: 19
Views: 9591

Re: Need help finding info on great grandparents FUSCO/ARPIN

If you are in Edinburgh. The LDS Family History Centre is located at the rear of the church on Colinton Road, near Watson's School. Entry into the centre via the car park is at the rear of the building therefore go the the street parallel to Colinton road. there are limited access times during the d...
by stuartcapaldi
14 Jan 2009, 15:28

Re: Filomena Capaldi first husband not known

Thanks for all the previous information. :) How easy is it to get information on entry records into Mexico? Are there any records on line? Would I be able to obtain Ernesto Meza'a birth details in Villahermosa and his Italian parents. Also where would I search for Filomena and Ernesto's death certif...
by stuartcapaldi
23 Dec 2008, 09:56

Thanks for the further information. I can confirm that Manuel Meza was Ernesto's son and he was killed in a motoring accident in Mexico. I do not know the details or his residence in Mexico. The WW1 draft for Ernesto Mesa (s not z) may not be Ernesto Meza's as it looks as if his first record of ente...
by stuartcapaldi
12 Dec 2008, 14:57

Thanks for the recent two items. The 1920 census is good but they have clearly changed the family name to capaldi or a mis spelling of capaldi. I wonder why. The Harrison Street location is the same street as Filomena's sister's family the DeSalvis in the 1920 census Excellent info on Carmela's 2nd ...
by stuartcapaldi
11 Dec 2008, 21:13

WWI Civilian Draft Registrations
about Ernesto Mesa
Name: Mesa, Ernesto
Birth Date: Abt 1895
Birth Place: Mexico City Mexico
City/County: Wilmington# 4
State: DE

This application is dated ? Prior to 1919 and in Wilmington, Delaware ?

Any assistance please :?: :)
by stuartcapaldi
11 Dec 2008, 21:07

Thanks for all the info. I am awaiting some further information from my cousins in USA, always a time lag, as I am in Scotland. It all seems to fit in and I am trying to verify the chronology of the events. Carmela is 88 living in USA but not good on memory, however she was born in Chicago circa 192...
by stuartcapaldi
10 Dec 2008, 23:31

Re: Filomena Capaldi husband not known family mystery to be

Excellent bits of information from you all. Some pieces fit into the jigsaw some do not. Ernesto Meza was her second husband and father to Carmela and Manuelle. Carmela, step sister to Angeline and Leondra Capaldi, is currently living in USA but does not have a good memory of events so far back. Car...
by stuartcapaldi
10 Dec 2008, 20:00

Re: Filomena Capaldi husband not known family mystery to be

Both Angeline and Leo were born in Italy but cannot find out where. The descendants of Leo Capaldi do not know the father's name and are all called Capaldi Did the father travel with them or did they travel alone with only their mother? I have been unable to obtain any information as yet from Picini...
by stuartcapaldi
10 Dec 2008, 14:05

Filomena Capaldi husband not known mystery to be solved

I have had excellent succes from this forum and have recently found numerous members of my family who emigrated to USA and the assistance given is much appreciated. I thought by contacting long lost cousins I would solve the problem but alas they do not know the answer so I am now searching on their...