Search found 724 matches

by Squigy
28 Nov 2011, 18:48
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating letter to cemetery
Replies: 6
Views: 1769

Re: Translating letter to cemetery

Thank you Pippo and Livio for your help with the translations - I found Angela's marriage record :D
by Squigy
28 Nov 2011, 17:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Can my uncle and cousin use my documents?
Replies: 5
Views: 2008

Re: Can my uncle and cousin use my documents?

Thank you all for replying. Jenna, So, does that mean after *I* apply, I can make photocopies of my documents, and my siblings in NC and D.C. can apply using those, even though they're not legal? Why couldn't my uncle apply that way, too? I'd still have to submit all the documents for his family (si...
by Squigy
26 Nov 2011, 18:59
Topic: Can my uncle and cousin use my documents?
Replies: 5
Views: 2008

Can my uncle and cousin use my documents?

Okay, so I'm currently in the process of collecting all the documents I need for dual citizenship - I *hope* to apply by late 2012-early/mid 2013. Now, I have an uncle and a cousin who are interested in getting it, too - they actually bring it up almost everytime I talk to them. *But*, they live in ...
by Squigy
25 Nov 2011, 18:18

Re: Translating letter to cemetery

@Marty, Thank you so much for the translation! This helps a lot. @Ann, I didn't know that - that stinks! I know Raffaele died *after* the late 70's - is it possible he's still buried there? I have Angela's birth record. It's on Ancestry.com. I can't find Raffaele's because the *only* year that's mis...
by Squigy
24 Nov 2011, 19:26

Translating letter to cemetery

I've been trying to find out exactly when my great grandfather's youngest brother (Raffaele Maietta) died. I know his birth (or baptism, at least) date and that he was definitely alive in the late 70's (I had an aunt who went to see him in around 1977). He was born 1897, so he most likely died some ...
by Squigy
15 Nov 2011, 22:17
Topic: Very confusing! 2 different birth records for same person?
Replies: 2
Views: 759

Re: Very confusing! 2 different birth records for same perso

Yes, I agree with Livio - this is a very likely two different children, one of which died. I actually found three aunts named "Angela" to one set of parents. The first two died in their first year. The father's mother's name was Angela, so obviously he was going to keep naming them that ti...
by Squigy
15 Nov 2011, 10:06
Topic: Help translating this
Replies: 4
Views: 1086

Re: Help translating this

Well, I called. Unfortunately, I called late - I was NOT connected to an answering machine, but a clerk. When I called, I THOUGHT it was 7 AM their time, but it was actually 8 AM (I moved to Texas from VA, recently, and I always forget I'm in a new time zone). Well, I decided to just READ my message...
by Squigy
14 Nov 2011, 20:26

Re: Help translating this

Have you tried with ordinary mail? When they receive your letter, they have to protocol it, so, there's an evidence of reception. This way, they have to answer your request (or at least, they should). Yes, I've tried ordinary mail - no reply. Maybe my letters were lost in the mail, or they just did...
by Squigy
14 Nov 2011, 08:52

Help translating this

Okay, so over the last two years, I've tried everything to get my great grandfather's birth cert - I've mailed the Comune, I've faxed them, I've emailed them - everything. So, today I decided to try the direct way. I called and asked if there was anyone there who spoke English, to which I was met wi...
by Squigy
12 Nov 2011, 21:02
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Rose Fiorelli: 1919 - 2011
Replies: 0
Views: 1032

Rose Fiorelli: 1919 - 2011

Find A Grave Memorial This is my great grandaunt. Although I didn't know her very well, it makes me sad that she died. She was the last of my great grandmother's siblings, and we were all very close to her , in my family. I got the feeling Rosie liked it when we visited - she never married or had k...
by Squigy
07 Nov 2011, 09:27
Topic: Help with this document
Views: 862

Re: Help with this document

liviomoreno wrote:I'm sorry but I have no clue about this discrepancy in the surname...
I actually saw this many times throughout the last 2 years in the records. I know the first name is right because his eldest son (that I could find) was Davide. Strange...
by Squigy
07 Nov 2011, 09:15

Re: Help with this document

liviomoreno wrote:Mother's name could be Felice Quercia (deceased)
Hmm, that would make sense; there's a road in Marcianise called "Via Federico Quercia". I wasn't sure if the name began with a Z, or a Q, or an L.

Do you have any idea why his father would be recorded as Boccagna, while he was a Rossano?
by Squigy
07 Nov 2011, 00:56

Help with this document

I recently found the death record for my great X5 grandfather, Francesco Rossano. On it, his father is listed as Davide Boccagna . Does anyone know why that would be - why his father would have a different surname from him? Also, I was wondering if anyone could figure out what his mother's name was;...
by Squigy
30 Oct 2011, 23:57
Topic: A couple questions about Italian healthcare
Replies: 17
Views: 5913

Re: A couple questions about Italian healthcare

Okay, he's relieved his current issue. This involved him and his friends taking the tooth out themselves and stitching the gum back up :shock:

He's still going to need a long term solution, but he doesn't seem to want anyone's help or input.

Thank you all for your replies!