Search found 724 matches

by Squigy
21 Oct 2011, 18:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: A couple questions about Italian healthcare
Replies: 17
Views: 5913

Re: A couple questions about Italian healthcare

kontessa wrote:Were you able to find anything posted about people's experiences with dentists that answer some of your questions?
No, because even though Norton blocked it, I still haven't been back on, since it doesn't catch them everytime; sometimes they can get into your system before Norton can stop them.
by Squigy
21 Oct 2011, 17:36

Kontessa, I was actually just on Expats a couple weeks ago, and I got a virus from it :shock: Well that's unfortunate! Hope you've recovered...better luck next time. :D Yes, my computers fine; Norton blocked it before it could do anything. I was surprised, though! I go on that site quite frequently...
by Squigy
21 Oct 2011, 15:49

@Carmine, I believe a few months ago (when he had the inner ear bleeding), his situation was finally treated as an emergency and he was given some care to relieve that particular issue. But like I said, it cost $600 to get that done, and it didn't come CLOSE to fixing the whole problem. Anyway, abou...
by Squigy
21 Oct 2011, 04:49

Carmine, is it ever covered under specific, non cosmetic, circumstances? Like I said, he had bleeding in his inner ear because of this. Yeah, his are bad. They're as bad as I imagine anyones teeth could get! Wouldn't this be considered a health problem?
by Squigy
21 Oct 2011, 01:37

A couple questions about Italian healthcare

Okay, first, I do NOT want to sound like one of those people who want dual citizenship to take advantage of Italy's healthcare - that's not why I became interested in this at all . BUT, lately, my brother has been having a lot of trouble with his teeth. They're in really bad shape. A few months ago ...
by Squigy
13 Oct 2011, 11:10
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: How would you record adoptive parents?
Replies: 4
Views: 2652

Re: How would you record adoptive parents?

I would list the adoptive parents and specify that they are adoptive. If you find also the biological parents you should list both. Thanks. What I did was, I created an alternate tree. On it, I added her adopted parents. This way, I can keep store all of the records I have on them. I will also use ...
by Squigy
18 Sep 2011, 20:26
Topic: How would you record adoptive parents?
Views: 2652

How would you record adoptive parents?

On my visit up to PA, I was showing my grandmother my family tree, and then we got to her grandmother (who was adopted) and she saw that I didn't have anyone listed as her parents. She wasn't offended per se, but she just didn't understand why I didn't list her adopted parents as such on my tree. No...
by Squigy
09 Sep 2011, 20:17
Topic: Marisa Tomei will be on "Who Do You Think You Are" Feb. 2011
Views: 3092

Marisa Tomei will be on "Who Do You Think You Are" Feb. 2011

I'm actually looking forward to this. She's a great actress (one of my favorite of her movies is "Only You" which is set in my native Pittsburgh) plus she's of Italian descent, and I was VERY disappointed when they had no Italians in last season (Ashley Judd and Steve Buscemi are both part...
by Squigy
30 Aug 2011, 04:15
Topic: Comuni with fewer than 1000 residents to merge
Replies: 3
Views: 1817

Re: Comuni with fewer than 1000 residents to merge

Interesting. Thanks for linking!

Do you think this will go through? I mean, it seems like people in Italy have a lot of pride in the town they're from, especially when it comes to the smaller ones.
by Squigy
25 Aug 2011, 01:37
Topic: Virtual Tour of Towns in Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 1728

Re: Virtual Tour of Towns in Italy

I just had a virtual tour of Spadola, Provincia di Vibo Valencia courtesy of Google Maps. This feature (street view) is not new but I was surprised to find that it works for some very small towns in Italy. It takes a little dexterity to navigate, but it is the next best thing to being there. Use Go...
by Squigy
22 Aug 2011, 09:29
Topic: 35 page Scholarly Report on Italian by decent Citizenship
Replies: 10
Views: 2161

Re: 35 page Scholarly Report on Italian by decent Citizensh

If I may say something: According to the principles of jure sanguinis, we've ALL been citizens since birth, correct? If they made it so we could no longer "activate" that citizenship, wouldn't that be stripping us of the citizenship we already have? Isn't it more likely, if they were to ch...
by Squigy
18 Aug 2011, 03:07
Topic: Google News Archive R.I.P.
Replies: 5
Views: 2849

Re: Google News Archive R.I.P.

No!! That's terrible! I have things from there in my favorites that I wasn't able to save to my computer! I can't believe that. I just used it last week. Well, I hope they do, at least, sell it to Ancestry.com. Edited to add: Well, at least my favorites still take me to the images. That's good.. Edi...
by Squigy
13 Aug 2011, 21:24
Topic: Just received naturalization records from USCIS
Views: 2834

Just received naturalization records from USCIS

After nearly four months, I finally received my great great grandfather's naturalization records from the USCIS, and have a couple questions. Number 1., there are a few discrepancies. My great grandfather is listed as Giuseppe MaieLta on all three papers as opposted to MaieTta. His birth date is wro...
by Squigy
03 Aug 2011, 13:18
Topic: Rudy Giuliani will be hosting AMC's Mob Week
Views: 2760

Rudy Giuliani will be hosting AMC's Mob Week

Here's a story about it on the New York Times website: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2011/08/01/2011-08-01_exnyc_mayor_rudy_giuliani_shames_his_italian_heritage_by_hosting_amcs_mob_week.html I was shocked when I heard this. It's bad enough that this whole television event encourages stereotype...
by Squigy
24 Jul 2011, 16:29
Topic: Just a reminder...
Replies: 2
Views: 1600

Re: Just a reminder...

If anyone here at the forum encounters any *spam*, please notify one of the moderators as soon as possible so that we can delete and block. So far we have had very good luck with the new forum, but occasionally one may slip past us. Thanks and Happy Hunting! :wink: wldspirit moderator Does clicking...