Search found 724 matches

by Squigy
17 Jul 2011, 10:52
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: The Bicycle Thief / Ladri di bicilette on TCM
Replies: 6
Views: 2333

Re: The Bicycle Thief / Ladri di bicilette on TCM

Another good one is Rome, Open City/Roma, città aperta. I saw this one on Netflix online streaming, too, but it's not on there anymore (although, you can have the DVD sent to your house). Anna Magnani is wonderful in it. She was a very talented actress. I really love watching these movies, because I...
by Squigy
15 Jul 2011, 15:26
Topic: Can anyone recommend this movie
Replies: 0
Views: 840

Can anyone recommend this movie

Hi, all. I haven't posted in a WHILE. I've been so busy with my move to Texas! Anyway, I was recently browsing the internet and came across a movie called Vendetta. It's with Christopher Walken, and it's about the New Orleans lynching of eleven Italians. I was thinking about buying the VHS on Amazon...
by Squigy
27 May 2011, 16:49
Topic: Is it possible this could affect Jure Sanguinis laws
Views: 789

Is it possible this could affect Jure Sanguinis laws

Well, the cast of MTV's "Jersey Shore" have headed to Italy. They've already started making complete asses of themselves, and are really making Italian-Americans look bad! Read more, here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1388573/Jersey-Shores-Deena-falls-giant-bridge-Italy--Sa...
by Squigy
21 May 2011, 19:24
Topic: 4,000!
Replies: 5
Views: 2331

Re: 4,000!

liviomoreno wrote:Great achievement Carmine!I believe you are one of the most helpful contributors in this forum!
Definitely :P

Congrats, Carmine!!
by Squigy
17 May 2011, 21:47
Topic: Anybody else mixed with another ethnicity?
Replies: 76
Views: 58653

Re: Anybody else mixed with another ethnicity?

Having committed the mortal sin of marrying a non-Italian, my son is 50% Italian, 25% English, 12.5% Irish and 12.5% Swedish. Or thereabouts. My grandmother (full Italian) is starting to get upset with the lack of full bloods! We keep telling her, if she wanted full blooded Italian kids and grand k...
by Squigy
17 May 2011, 10:14

Yes, actually, I'm really only 1/4 Italian. I'm also 1/4 Irish (roughly, my mom is half Irish and my dad is 1/8), 1/8 German, a little Scottish, and then my paternal grandfather is just a Southern mix of everything. I don't think it's really about HOW much Italian blood you technically have in you,...
by Squigy
14 May 2011, 22:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Getting GG grandfather's birth cert. from Italy
Views: 416

Getting GG grandfather's birth cert. from Italy

I'm trying to get my GG grandfather's birth cert. from Italy, which I'll need for dual citizenship, and I'm at my wits end! I've tried everything ! I've mailed the Comune (in Caserta) twice, I've emailed them, I've faxed them, EVERYTHING. Nothing, no response. I always wait at least two months befor...
by Squigy
12 May 2011, 15:52
Topic: What documents to request from Italy (dual citizenship)
Replies: 3
Views: 852

Re: What documents to request from Italy (dual citizenship)

You can fax any scanned document for free at faxzero.com, or at least you could a few months ago when I used it. I looked it up. It says the faxes are free, but they include an AD on the coverpage. At any rate, I've faxed all the people I needed to (I actually faxed someone I know, and he said he g...
by Squigy
11 May 2011, 15:33

Yes, actually, I'm really only 1/4 Italian. I'm also 1/4 Irish (roughly, my mom is half Irish and my dad is 1/8), 1/8 German, a little Scottish, and then my paternal grandfather is just a Southern mix of everything. I don't think it's really about HOW much Italian blood you technically have in you, ...
by Squigy
10 May 2011, 14:56
Topic: Not sure if Ill be ready for my appt in a month!!
Replies: 17
Views: 3181

Re: Not sure if Ill be ready for my appt in a month!!

I personally HATE Vital Chek. Over the last year and a half Ive used them theyve never answered a single email, wait time on the phone is about a half hour and they are uselss when they answered, their website doesnt work right, etc. Its just a horrible company. I ended up calling NJ vital records ...
by Squigy
10 May 2011, 03:17
Topic: Not sure if Ill be ready for my appt in a month!!
Replies: 17
Views: 3181

Re: Not sure if Ill be ready for my appt in a month!!

Just thought I'd let you know, it took VitalChek not ONE but TWO months to get my records to me. I paid WAY more than I would have if I just wrote the PA Health Dept. directly, and my guess is it would have taken less time. And in the end, the certificate was virtually useless, so it ended up being ...
by Squigy
07 May 2011, 05:56
Topic: No record certification from PA Health Dept.
Replies: 8
Views: 1945

Re: No record certification from PA Health Dept.

Okay. I'll try and get a delayed birth cert. Do you think his death record and baptism record would be enough to apply for one? Because, I want to do this when I'm up in PA, and there won't be enough time to get his Social Security Aplication, and other than those three documents, I can't think of a...
by Squigy
06 May 2011, 17:56

Re: No record certification from PA Health Dept.

It is difficult to say without seeing the document. It sounds as though they are certifying that no record could be found using the information you provied; this doesn't mean that a record does not exist, only that no record exists which meets the exact details (name, dob, etc) requested. You may w...
by Squigy
06 May 2011, 17:03

No record certification from PA Health Dept.

I recently received my great grandfather's birth certificate from the PA Health Dept (which I ordered MONTHS ago). Only problem is, it's not his birth cert, it says above the record "NO RECORD CERTIFICATION". My understanding is, this means he his parents didn't register his birth (not sur...
by Squigy
03 May 2011, 05:18
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Female poses in photos
Replies: 13
Views: 13152

Re: Female poses in photos

but the real DESPERATION was experienced by millions when they got the Americas and found out that money was not dropped at the side of the roads to be picked but instead they were exploited, abused, bullied and in many instances killed by the people they worked for. Definitely! They came here for ...