Search found 724 matches

by Squigy
27 Apr 2011, 03:49
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: PM's Disappear
Replies: 3
Views: 1637

Re: PM's Disappear

If I could suggest, it's possible you accidentaly put the subject in the username area, and the message didn't actually get sent. I did that the first couple times. Take a look at the attached photo.

Anyway, just a thought.
by Squigy
25 Apr 2011, 07:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: "Henry" Stanislao Fenoglio
Views: 868

Re: "Henry" Stanislao Fenoglio

A recent post on Italian Foundlings might explain the lack of information about my great grandfather, Stanislao Fenoglio's place of birth and parentage. Grandma always insisted his father was "a Count". Stanislao Fenoglio died when she was a small child and I always assumed it was either ...
by Squigy
22 Apr 2011, 04:52
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Apostilles/Amendments
Replies: 4
Views: 865

Re: Apostilles/Amendments

I was afraid of that. That's really a pain. I'm only going to be in PA for three days, and after that I'm moving to TX and won't be able to visit again for god only knows how long. I won't be able to make a court date in PA. Okay, here's my situation. On the marriage record, Giuseppe and Giovannina ...
by Squigy
22 Apr 2011, 01:27

Re: Apostilles/Amendments

See http://www.dos.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/certifications%2C_apostilles%2C_and_the_authentication_of_documents/12630 for answers to many of these questions. Thanks, Carmine. I'll print that out and bring it with me. Do you know what kind of proof is generally required before a docume...
by Squigy
22 Apr 2011, 01:13

Apostilles/Amendments

Okay, I'm planning a trip up to PA, hopefully for the 1st week of May. While I'm up there, I'm going to get ALL the documents I need, and kill a lot of birds with one stone. I won't be getting apostilles till, later, however. What do I need to do to make sure all my documents are approved for aposti...
by Squigy
21 Apr 2011, 07:36
Topic: Eligible for Dual Citizenship
Replies: 20
Views: 4101

Re: Eligible for Dual Citizenship

Copies of the certificate can be obtained only from the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS). Since you (presumably) already have the actual certificate number, you can skip the index search and go directly to the "document request" procedure. Go to http://www.uscis...
by Squigy
21 Apr 2011, 06:33
Topic: Success in Houston
Replies: 22
Views: 7667

Re: Success in Houston

Thanks so much! This is a BIG help! So what you're saying is, I only need direct line documents, but ALL the American ones have to be translated? So, for instance, since I'm getting citizenship through my mother's ancestry, I don't need my father's birth record? You're welcome. To answer your quest...
by Squigy
21 Apr 2011, 05:39

Thanks so much! This is a BIG help!

So what you're saying is, I only need direct line documents, but ALL the American ones have to be translated? So, for instance, since I'm getting citizenship through my mother's ancestry, I don't need my father's birth record?
by Squigy
21 Apr 2011, 00:52

I have a question; I'm applying at the Houston Consulate, also (I'm supposed to be moving to Texas, soon) and was wondering about translations. Someone was kind enough to send me a translation template for PA birth records (my whole family is from PA) but will this work in Houston? Or do I have to h...
by Squigy
20 Apr 2011, 05:54
Topic: What documents to request from Italy (dual citizenship)
Views: 898

Re: What documents to request from Italy (dual citizenship)

Okay, just to add, I decided to take a gamble and sign up for a free trial with a site called eFax.com It seems legitimate, but one major complaint people had was that it wouldn't let you cancel. So what I did, was I signed up with a visa gift card someone sent me for my birthday, that way they can'...
by Squigy
20 Apr 2011, 01:05
Topic: What documents to request from Italy (dual citizenship)
Views: 898

What documents to request from Italy (dual citizenship)

I've recently decided, after I move to TX, I would like to start the process of acquiring dual citizenship. I'm trying to make a checklist of what documents I need to get, and things like that. I know I need my GG grandfather, Giuseppe's, birth record from Italy, but is there something specific I ne...
by Squigy
18 Apr 2011, 17:37
Topic: The Bicycle Thief / Ladri di bicilette on TCM
Replies: 6
Views: 2386

Re: The Bicycle Thief / Ladri di bicilette on TCM

For those of you who receive the TCM (Turner Classic Movie) channel as part of your cable TV package, permit me to highly recommend that you tune in or record Saturday, May 7th at 8:00PM EST. I first saw "The Bicycle Theif" ( "Ladri di bicilette" ) several months ago and loved i...
by Squigy
16 Apr 2011, 22:53
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Atti di Morte
Replies: 17
Views: 2707

Re: Help with Atti di Morte

Hello, could someone help me with the translation of the Death certificate of Adele Dacomo from 1922. The images are not very clear, i downloaded them from Ancestry. Many Thanks in advance. http://img560.imageshack.us/f/adeledacomo.jpg/ http://img402.imageshack.us/f/adeledacomo1.jpg/ Adele Dacomo. ...
by Squigy
16 Apr 2011, 22:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Unabel to decipher my Great Grandmother's Name - Help
Replies: 6
Views: 887

Re: Unabel to decipher my Great Grandmother's Name - Help

If you upload the certificate, we may be able to better help you. Otherwise, we'd just be guessing.

Try using sites like Flickr (requires a Yahoo account) or Photobucket.
by Squigy
16 Apr 2011, 15:37
Topic: Very interesting New York TImes article
Views: 2012

Re: Very interesting New York TImes article

A great article at New York Times' web site. It should be availble for free for at least a couple of weeks; after that you may need to log-in (free account) to view it. nytimes.com changes its policies every now and then, so I can't say for certain. Anyway, the article is about Italian naming conve...