Search found 525 matches

by misschristi16
01 Apr 2010, 20:38
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with translation from Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 2761

Help with translation from Italy

I would love it if someone could translate this for me.

I am lost!

Thanks

by misschristi16
09 Feb 2010, 20:02
Topic: translation help please
Replies: 11
Views: 5465

Re: translation help please

Here is the picture if someone out there knows where this might have been taken. The only info is what is printed on the back, and that could just be the photographers information, also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad320/misschristi1/CCF02092010myMadonna...
by misschristi16
09 Feb 2010, 19:52

Re: translation help please

I did know the 1966--that was the easy part.

Thank you for your help. I am hoping to get an idea where the Church is located in that town. My great grandfather used to go to this church, and I am hoping for a town or a name or something.

I will check out the photos.

thanks again!
Christi
by misschristi16
09 Feb 2010, 19:27

translation help please

I have a few words that I need help with.

Copia Stampata dallo Studio G. Iacchini
Gia Folo Pais
Cilla di Castello
nell'anno 1966

I am trying to find where this photo was taken and am hoping the info on the back will lead me somewhere in my search.

Thanks.
by misschristi16
29 Sep 2009, 20:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Death Certificates--dont understand
Replies: 1
Views: 2958

Italian Death Certificates--dont understand

I have just had translated two death certificates. I am somewhat confused. One had my great grandmothers' Fathers name on it, the other my great grandfathers Father. I printed both off, had them translated as they were in full italian. They were issued for use in marriage. I thought that just having...
by misschristi16
23 Sep 2009, 21:46
Topic: translation needed of information on death certificate
Replies: 12
Views: 10332

Re: translation needed of information on death certificate

Wow--that is awesome. I thought I had it pretty well translated on the form side--but, I dont understand anything you wrote. Is there a way you can write it in English? I would appreciate it. Thanks. If not, just knowing the towns and names was most important to me. Thank you thank you thank you! Ch...
by misschristi16
23 Sep 2009, 20:45
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italians to Australia
Views: 2566

Italians to Australia

I am wondering how to find some family members that went to Australia in the early 1900's. The year is unknown, probably anywhere between 1899-1915 or so. I was told that my grandfather had 4 brothers, 2 came to America and two went to Australia. I have no record of any brothers, or siblings at all-...
by misschristi16
23 Sep 2009, 16:43

Ok, Lets try this one more time http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad320/misschristi1/CCF09232009_00000.jpg http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad320/misschristi1/CCF09232009_00001.jpg Please let me know if this works. If not, maybe I can email the picture to someone? I hope you can help me. I put bo...
by misschristi16
23 Sep 2009, 16:19

I will post new scans with no reduction in size.
Hopefully that will work.
Thanks
Christi
by misschristi16
23 Sep 2009, 11:31

Thanks for letting me know that. Let me see if this helps. Here are the links, in case I dont get the images to post: 1. http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/10439426/aview/CCF09222009_verrillo.jpg 2. http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/10439426/aview/CCF09222009_Palmieri.jpg Yesterday, it kept telling me the fi...
by misschristi16
23 Sep 2009, 00:40

translation needed of information on death certificate

I have a copy of two family death certificates from Italy. I have translated pretty well, the info they put on the certificate, but cannot make out what was handwritten. I would love if someone would help me figure out what it says. I cannot make out the months, days, time, names, nothing. Boy, I wi...
by misschristi16
28 Aug 2009, 23:51
Topic: In need of a translation
Views: 2754

In need of a translation

I found this picture when going thru some family items, and am in need of a translation of the back. I run it thru a free translation sight, but am not successful. either spelling is off, or something. I am not sure what to do from here. If anyone out there can translate it, I would very much apprec...
by misschristi16
08 Aug 2009, 14:34
Topic: Palmieri family information-needing help beyond USA
Replies: 7
Views: 6607

Re: Palmieri family information-needing help beyond USA

WOW! Awesome! The war registration card lists our grandmothers name! Same town in CT where he lived. Also states that he had small pox marks on his nose--that is the reason we always heard he came to America, that when he was little he had small pox. It made him a bit weaker, so they sent him to Ame...
by misschristi16
08 Aug 2009, 14:26

Re: Palmieri family information-needing help beyond USA

hello VJ I was reading your posts and want to thank you for all the information. I have a question--how did you find that Orasio put on his manifest that he was joining his brother, left his father Pasquale, etc. I have never before seen that information but would love to have it. Please send me the...
by misschristi16
07 Aug 2009, 20:44

Palmieri family information-needing help beyond USA

I am researching our family and have gotten to the point where I found my Grandfathers manifest on coming to America. I am needing help from this point on. He arrived in America on Nov. 5, 1912, dates match some family records. His name is Luigi Palmieri. He is from Sessa Aurunca, Caserta Italy. We ...