Search found 15474 matches

by Tessa78
06 Sep 2020, 22:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding names and information on my 2nd great grandfather and his wife/family
Replies: 14
Views: 249

Re: Finding names and information on my 2nd great grandfather and his wife/family

Concerts Grillo did not name the child. The official in the town, usually the mayor or his representative, have the child his official name. Concerts was the "receiver of the proietti (abandoned)"children at the wheel. I have added links to help you understand this. Isidoro may have named his first ...
by Tessa78
06 Sep 2020, 19:17
Topic: Finding names and information on my 2nd great grandfather and his wife/family

Re: Finding names and information on my 2nd great grandfather and his wife/family

From the processetti... Isidoro's birth act. He was presented to the official by Concetta Grillo(?), the 75 year old receiver of the abandoned. He was given the name Isidoro Vaccarino by the official. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Catania/Stato+civile+della+restauraz...
by Tessa78
06 Sep 2020, 18:54

The groom had to present his birth act to the official to be married. The official records the date and place of birth as well as parent's names from the birth act. I have checked the birth in Riposto from 1831 through 1833. He is not there. I suspect the town recorded the births of the abandoned in...
by Tessa78
06 Sep 2020, 18:44

I posted the marriage of Isidoro Vaccarino and Giuseppa Leotta above for you.

The marriage record states that Isidoro was born to unknown parents.

T.
by Tessa78
06 Sep 2020, 15:12

Here is the marriage in 1851 in Riposto. Isidoro is age 19, born in Riposto, the son of unknown parents. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Catania/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Riposto/Matrimoni/1851/17610/007850116_01451.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0 The marriage not...
by Tessa78
05 Sep 2020, 17:18
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Assistance with surnames
Replies: 7
Views: 93

Re: Assistance with surnames

Vincenzo's mother is Lucia Lochi.

T.
by Tessa78
05 Sep 2020, 17:14
Topic: Help translating marriage notation on birth record
Replies: 5
Views: 96

Re: Help translating marriage notation on birth record

cedrone wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 22:50 The registers of Napoli for this period are not present on Family Search nor Antenati.
Unfortunately, this is true. I have not found any digitized records after 1865. :-(

T.
by Tessa78
05 Sep 2020, 17:10
Topic: Assistance with surnames
Replies: 7
Views: 93

Re: Assistance with surnames

Livio :-) Here is the extract of birth, and the banns for Maria Caldolera Piccione, from the Processetti. While the handwriting is still difficult to decipher clearly, would you agree that the surname could be Rollo , a name that is found in Manduria? T. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Arc...
by Tessa78
04 Sep 2020, 20:03
Topic: Help translating marriage notation on birth record
Replies: 5
Views: 96

Re: Help translating marriage notation on birth record

The writing is very bad, however is as you read, a marriage. The missing words are the number of the act and something I can't read, coul be a name, seems Chiara, but different from the birth act. The marriage was in Napoli, not in the place of birth, so try to look if there are registers of marria...
by Tessa78
04 Sep 2020, 14:13
Topic: help with death record
Replies: 22
Views: 371

Re: help with death record

The time of death is 4:05 AM.

Anti merdiane is before noon. Post meridiane is after noon.

The place of birth is (San)Giuseppe Jato, not Giuseppe Stato. Written on the record as Giuseppe Iato.

Both father and mother reside in the town but the birthplace of neither of them is given.

T.
by Tessa78
04 Sep 2020, 03:16
Topic: Name on passenger list?
Replies: 8
Views: 250

Re: Name on passenger list?

The surname is Straccamore, which is found in Alatri.
First name -Ignazio.

T.
by Tessa78
03 Sep 2020, 02:49

The surname Epps, though rare, is found in Rome.

T.
by Tessa78
03 Sep 2020, 02:39

The first list (alphabetical) was composed in New York by the Immigration service. See the cover page here... https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9L4-6F3T?i=1214&cc=2299396 The manifest would have been compiled at departure port using travel papers the immigrant carried. I agree that b...
by Tessa78
01 Sep 2020, 15:34
Topic: Atti Di Matrimoni Translation
Replies: 3
Views: 113

Re: Atti Di Matrimoni Translation

The top of the record is quite waterlogged and I cannot read the date, but the next record #50 is dated 18 October 1866. The two witnesses presented at the beginning of the record are Francesco Sorentini, age 32, and Antonio Noli, age 30, both farmers residing in the town. Groom: Angelo Nardozza, un...
by Tessa78
30 Aug 2020, 19:44
Topic: Looking for Tomassina Picopo from Melito
Replies: 2
Views: 119

Re: Looking for Tomassina Picopo from Melito

Following suanj's :-D great find...

Here is the birth of Angela's father, Aniello Piscopo, on 5 November 1843 in Melito
Father: Gennaro, age 40
Mother: Tommasa Chianese, his wife.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1483020

T.