Search found 15508 matches

by Tessa78
12 Nov 2009, 00:49
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: An excerpt from an immigration record
Replies: 10
Views: 7694

Re: An excerpt from an immigration record

Found a Cesar Tarrasi on the 1920 Census in Guadalupe, California. when you see the actual census you can recognize that the name is actually Ferrari. He is Italian and born in Switzerland. Thought you might like to check it out: http://search.ancestry.com/iexec/Default.aspx?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6061&...
by Tessa78
12 Nov 2009, 00:41

Hi Jerry, I found a Cesar Ferrari Visca on a manifest in March of 1911. He was headed to his uncle Paolo Duchini in Guadalupe, California. The interesting thing is that his birthplace is listed as Giubasco (sound like Dubrasko to you?). Seems Giubiasco is " a municipality in the district of Bellinzo...
by Tessa78
11 Nov 2009, 22:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: looking for sibling
Replies: 17
Views: 9864

Re: looking for sibling

I was looking at your grandfather's manifest and it says he was going to his brother-in-law Francesco (S or P)erotta, looks like 417 Wales St., New Haven, Conn. On ancestry I found in the 1910 Census, a Franz Sharetto (I know this really doesn't look promising...) and he was Italian, a laborer, and ...
by Tessa78
11 Nov 2009, 22:26
Topic: looking for sibling
Replies: 17
Views: 9864

Re: looking for sibling

Looking at the manifest, Jim, what you read as "Perotta" might also be read as "Serotta".

T.
by Tessa78
11 Nov 2009, 21:21

Jerry, The name after Cesar looks like Tamassi, Tarrasi, Farrasi, Farrari (or some variation). The first word on the next line could be Inglenook, since the first page of the manifest lists Emilio's final destination (column 12) as Inglenook, California (The San Francisco was crossed out). Good luck...
by Tessa78
11 Nov 2009, 20:33

Jerry, I can see why you're having trouble. However, the word before Cesar looks like "Uncle" to me. The dot above the word is actually from the N.Y. abbreviation above. I brought up the manifest on ancestry to look at the other handwriting on the page to see if that helps. I'll continue to look at ...
by Tessa78
09 Nov 2009, 14:32
Topic: Marianna & Giuseppa Cacciatore
Replies: 18
Views: 9409

Re: Marianna & Giuseppa Cacciatore

Hello Michael, I found it on ancestry. Here is the link http://search.ancestry.com/iexec/Default.aspx?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6482&iid=NJ-1754425-5346&fn=Salvatore&ln=Cacciatore&st=r&ssrc=&pid=32567892 Let me know if it works, or if you don't have a subscription to ancestry, and I'll try to upload it to ...
by Tessa78
08 Nov 2009, 15:54
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: ordering deceased parent's birth certificate
Views: 12553

Re: ordering deceased parent's birth certificate

Thanks Joseph. That will really help me tremendously in my pursuit of these records.

T.
by Tessa78
08 Nov 2009, 00:46
Topic: 3 docs. for translation
Views: 5061

Re: 3 docs. for translation

Keep up the search... I'm sure you'll prove it one way or the other.
:-)
by Tessa78
08 Nov 2009, 00:36

Jim, it looks like the year for Pietro is 1913. I'm sure someone will double check these for you.

T.
by Tessa78
08 Nov 2009, 00:34

The year for Antonio Ianniello looks like 1912. Presented on the 6th of January at 9 AM at the Town Hall was Fioravante Ianniello, 23, contadino of this town, to declare that at 3 AM on the 5th of the current month at the house on via S. Erasmo, to his wife Antonia Martora was born a male child and ...
by Tessa78
08 Nov 2009, 00:24

Hi Jim, The printed part of the document is difficult to read, so I can't tell what the year is. The birth record for Pietro Ianniello is dated March 12th at 10 Am. Appearing before the town official is Fioravante Ianniello, 24, contadino, to declare that at 4 Pm on the 10th of the current month (Ma...
by Tessa78
08 Nov 2009, 00:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: ordering deceased parent's birth certificate
Views: 12553

Re: ordering deceased parent's birth certificate

Hi Teakandreggie, I have run into this roadblock as well. It seems all the birth records prior to 1910 for NYC are available to anyone. From 1910 on you may only request with notarized permission from the person named on the certificate. Makes it kind of difficult if that person is deceased. Others ...
by Tessa78
07 Nov 2009, 23:56

Hello Jim, The death record is dated 1 February 1889, and says that Pasquale Mattora, 36, contadino, and Antonio Tamburrino, 36, contadino, appeared at the Town Hall of S. Maria Capua Vetere, to declare the death at 1 PM the day before at house on Via S. Erasmos, of Nicola Mattora, age 5, who was bo...
by Tessa78
07 Nov 2009, 00:49
Topic: Foglia Family of Belvedere di Spinello
Replies: 0
Views: 3161

Foglia Family of Belvedere di Spinello

Hi all, I need some guidance... My GGGrandmother, Carolina Foglia, was born in Belvedere Di Spinello in Calabria. She married Pietro De Siena in Strongoli, had 4 children that I know of, and died in Strongoli in 1892. I have found her death record in the FHL films and that is where I learned that sh...