Search found 16126 matches

by Tessa78
31 Aug 2021, 19:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Gardella Family from Neirone
Replies: 16
Views: 2137

Re: Gardella Family from Neirone

I was able to find a photo of "Aunt Rosa " for you! It is her application for a US Passport in 1922. Lots of information there (some not accurate :-D ) On the second page is a photo of Rosa Schiappacasse at age 72 - her age at her application. Page 1 https://i.postimg.cc/P5NzNHyX/USM1490-1...
by Tessa78
30 Aug 2021, 18:41

The Gardella, Schiappacasse, and Guernieri families of Neirone all intermarried. I had had reason to believe that Rose’s father was Antonio. So possibly the second listed might apply. I hate to ask for more as you have done so very much for me but the exact person I am looking for is Rosa Gardella ...
by Tessa78
29 Aug 2021, 22:02

I checked the births from 1846 through 1949 and did not find a SISTER to Pietro. However, I found these 3 possibilities for your Rosa Gardella :-) 1846 - Maria Rosa Gardella of Luigi Gardella and Cattarina Gardella http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Genova/Stato+civile+de...
by Tessa78
29 Aug 2021, 21:28

You have this baptism/birth act for Pietro? #8 Dated 4 February 1850 in Parish of S. Maurizio, Town of Neirone Birth on 3 February at 4 AM, son of Antonio Gardella , farmer residing in Neirone; and of Teresa Dima Lagomarsino, tailor residing in Neirone, spouse of Gardella, Baptism imposed the name ...
by Tessa78
26 Aug 2021, 15:29
Topic: can not decipher the names of a birth record, on the right track?
Replies: 9
Views: 1267

Re: can not decipher the names of a birth record, on the right track?

According to the marriage act, he was born in that town.
I also searched for his parents' marriage without success.

T.
by Tessa78
26 Aug 2021, 15:18
Topic: Looking for Garjiulo
Views: 4722

Re: Looking for Garjiulo

Raffaele Gargiulo was born on 21 October 1880 in Tramonti, Salerno. The parents were Vitale and Rachela Nasti. He was not Domenico's brother. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Salerno/Stato+civile+italiano/Tramonti/Nati/1880/3646/101561296_00102.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIn...
by Tessa78
25 Aug 2021, 22:16
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Ideas on the location?
Replies: 20
Views: 1422

Re: Ideas on the location?

Thanks, but all that was pretty clear....what the guy I was hoping to help was drawing a blank on was where Pietro was from...I couldn't help him at all :cry: Ereraio ? .... I don't understand that first letter & I can't find anything that seems to fit. I'm assuming that since the outbound port...
by Tessa78
25 Aug 2021, 22:09
Topic: looking for Bartolomeo Villano
Replies: 5
Views: 2091

Re: looking for Bartolomeo Villano

No mothers are mentioned.

The bride is Maria Carmela Aliperte, daughter of Luigi Aliperte.

T.
by Tessa78
25 Aug 2021, 21:57

I searched page by page in the book of 1881 births and Antonio was not there.
I also checked the indices for years 1879-1883 with no success.

T.
by Tessa78
24 Aug 2021, 22:33

I have not yet found the marriage act, but here is the Notification of upcoming marriage that was posted in the town of Marsico Nuovo. #45 Dated 27 April 1842 The official declares that on 10 April of abovesaid year, Sunday, was affixed to the door of the town hall the following notification... The ...
by Tessa78
24 Aug 2021, 01:21
Topic: Cercando dati dal mio bisnonno italiano Lorenzo Arata
Replies: 4
Views: 775

Re: Cercando dati dal mio bisnonno italiano Lorenzo Arata

Thanks Tessa78 for your answer, it was a typing error, who returned to his native Italy was my great-grandfather Lorenzo and Death in Chiavari, Genoa in 1942. In this period of time, I found new information, since I was able to obtain the death certificate of the Chiavari commune and I was able to ...
by Tessa78
23 Aug 2021, 21:56
Topic: Marriage Record Assistance
Replies: 1
Views: 833

Re: Marriage Record Assistance

I am looking for some help with a marriage record and some marriage processetti documents. The marriage record is for Alfonzo Sciabica and Camilla Tagliarini. Here is the information I was able to interpret from the document. Can anyone confirm or correct what I have determined? Record #19 Marriage...