Search found 377 matches

by siskojnash
21 Sep 2014, 18:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for Info About Francesco Cigliano - Forio d'Ischia
Replies: 20
Views: 1671

Searching for Info About Francesco Cigliano - Forio d'Ischia

I'm trying to find out about Francesco Cigliano and his wife, Maria Giuseppa Carneglia. His father's name was Nicola Cigliano. I know of two children: Rosa Cigliano, who was born abt 1858 in Forio d'Ischia, and was married to Antonio Balsofiore, who was born on February 20, 1864 in Forio. I have the...
by siskojnash
21 Sep 2014, 16:27
Topic: Looking for info ABT Giovanni Impagliazzo of Forio
Replies: 7
Views: 866

Re: Looking for info ABT Giovanni Impagliazzo of Forio

Would the Aniello Impagliazzo fu Giuseppe down below her name be the father and grandfather of Giovanni Impagliazzo? There aren't any names for parents or grandparents for Clementina Migliaccio, are there?
by siskojnash
21 Sep 2014, 04:17
Topic: Looking for info ABT Giovanni Impagliazzo of Forio
Replies: 7
Views: 866

Looking for info ABT Giovanni Impagliazzo of Forio

I'm trying to find information about Giovanni Impagliazzo, who was born in Forio d' Ischia and died after May 5, 1884 and his wife, Clementina Migliaccio, who was born in Forio and died before May 5, 1884. So far, I know of three children: Rose Maria Impagliazzo, born abt 1859 in Forio (I haven't fo...
by siskojnash
21 Sep 2014, 04:08
Topic: Looking for Information About The Ancestry of Onofrio Failla
Replies: 16
Views: 1886

Looking for Information About The Ancestry of Onofrio Failla

I'm searching for info about the ancestry of Onofrio "Norman" Failla. He was born abt 1854 in Castelbuono, and may have died in Pennsylvania. His wife was Esposita "Eloisa" Piraino, who was born in abt 1863 in Castelbuono and died on October 2, 1937 in Brooklyn, New York. As far as I know, they had ...
by siskojnash
14 Sep 2014, 17:22
Topic: Looking for Siblings of Antonio Balsofiore of Forio d'Ischia
Views: 1768

Re: Looking for Siblings of Antonio Balsofiore of Forio d'Is

I just found a couple more records. One's father was Salvatore Balsofiore. Could someone please translate these ones also? I'm surprised at how many records I'm finding now. One thing weird that I noticed is that in the Matrimonio 1885 records for Forio, it starts out with that, but then has the dea...
by siskojnash
14 Sep 2014, 16:37
Topic: Searching for Vito Calise from Forio
Replies: 39
Views: 3742

Re: Searching for Vito Calise from Forio

Wow. Could there have been some sort of disease or war going on when they were younger, since neither one was apparently raised by their parents? As far as the first child goes, I think Lucia Restituto was probably it. Her birth record is in the first message in this topic. Or at least the first one...
by siskojnash
14 Sep 2014, 16:00

Re: Searching for Vito Calise from Forio

Thank you so much! I just found the marriage record for Francesco Restituto and Berenice Giola. Could someone please translate it?
November 4, 1860 - Francesco Restituto and Berenice Giola Marriage p1.jpg
November 4, 1860 - Francesco Restituto and Berenice Giola Marriage p2.jpg
by siskojnash
14 Sep 2014, 06:20
Topic: Italian Record Translations for Colella and Maschio Families
Replies: 6
Views: 732

Re: Italian Record Translations for Colella and Maschio Fami

I just found these two family records. Could someone please translate these ones also? I figure it's a good idea to post them here, since someone else might one day be searching for these family connections. It'll give them the record and a translation for it at the same time. December 5, 1910 - Ani...
by siskojnash
14 Sep 2014, 04:19

Could someone please translate these marriage records? I think it's for a sibling of Carlo Balsofiore, but want to be certain.
March 1879 - Salvatore Balsofiore and Clorinda Patalano Marriage Record.jpg
December 3, 1888 - Francesco Tedesco and Restituta Balsofiore Marriage Record - Family.jpg
by siskojnash
13 Sep 2014, 23:50

Searching for Vito Calise from Forio

I'm looking for records on Vito Calise, born abt 1850 in Forio d'Ischia. He was married to Lucia Restituto, who was born in October 1861 in Forio. I already have her birth record, but haven't seen their marriage record. The first child I know of was born in 1884. I would also like to be able to trac...
by siskojnash
13 Sep 2014, 23:39

I just found these other records. Could someone please translate these ones also? October 1861 - Lucia Restituto - Family.jpg May 1862 - Anna Maria Cigliano - Family.jpg August 3, 1862 - Teresa Castaldi.jpg With the third record, I have a Teresa Castaldi married to Aniello Giuseppe Balsofiore. I don...
by siskojnash
13 Sep 2014, 22:37

Thank you so much! I wonder whether or not there are records for siblings of Aniello Colella and Brigida Maschio available online. Aniello's mother was Maria Signora Majo. Vito Colella, his father was born abt 1770. There's probably no way to find records about his generation of the family, right? A...
by siskojnash
13 Sep 2014, 00:27

Italian Record Translations for Colella and Maschio Families

Could someone please translate these records? I can't read Italian.
Brigida Maschio Birth Record.jpg
Brigida Maschio Death Record.jpg
Marriage Record - Brigida Maschio and Aniello Colella.jpg
by siskojnash
12 Sep 2014, 05:14

Thank you so much! Do you know whether or not there are marriage records for Giuseppe Iacono and Angela Maria Lamonica or Antonio Balsofiore and Maria Di Maio? I figure there's probably no way the birth records are available for any of them.
by siskojnash
11 Sep 2014, 23:50

Thank you! I just found the two page birth record for Maria Iacono. Could someone please translate this for me?

August 4, 1839 - Maria Iacono - Family p1.jpg
August 4, 1839 - Maria Iacono - Family p2.jpg