Search found 82 matches

by ericderrico
08 Oct 2010, 16:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Agnes Elizabeth Bellotti
Replies: 19
Views: 8151

Re: Agnes Elizabeth Bellotti

The only census records I've found for my Great Grandmother are the ones where she is married to my Great Grandfather (name in census as Patsy Dericco).
by ericderrico
08 Oct 2010, 16:09

Wow you guys are great.

That is the data for my Great Grandmother as she was commonly called Lizzie. This is good stuff.

I just need to figure out where Nicholas came from and what his wife's ACTUAL maiden name was.
by ericderrico
08 Oct 2010, 15:17

I've also had the Bellotti named spelled several different ways such as Bilotti, Billotti, even Piloto.
by ericderrico
08 Oct 2010, 15:15

Agnes Elizabeth Bellotti

Hi all, I'm trying to lookup information on my Great Grandmother's parents and siblings but keep coming up short. I want to trace when they came to America and where from. Her name was Agnes Elizabeth Bellotti, born 13 Aug 1895 in New Jersey, and married my GGF Pasquale D'Errico in June 1912 in New ...
by ericderrico
20 Sep 2010, 15:18
Topic: D'Errico Family in Rodi Garganico(?), Foggia, Puglia
Replies: 11
Views: 7924

Re: D'Errico Family in Rodi Garganico(?), Foggia, Pugli

This looks like his information. The only thing that is different is his birth month, which shows July, but on every other document I have it's June. Wonder why that is? I've already written a letter to Rodi Garganico requesting his birth certificate, but I'll write another one to Carpino as well no...
by ericderrico
16 Sep 2010, 23:25
Topic: D'Errico Family in Rodi Garganico(?), Foggia, Puglia
Views: 7924

Re: D'Errico Family in Rodi Garganico(?), Foggia, Pugli

I have learned a bit more about the family. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe I've located my Great Grandfather's parents. They are Michele Vincenzo D'Errico and Antonia Maria D'Avolio. From that I've found quite a few more people in the D'Avolio family, but not much more in the D'Errico. I believ...
by ericderrico
05 Sep 2010, 20:18
Topic: David(e) Calvano
Replies: 3
Views: 3133

Re: David(e) Calvano

Wow this is impressive information. I didn't know about his brother, but that will definitely help in finding some info. Thanks!
by ericderrico
05 Sep 2010, 18:22
Topic: David(e) Calvano
Replies: 3
Views: 3133

David(e) Calvano

My great Grandfather David(e) Calvano immigrated about 1903 or 1904. I believe I've recovered his immigration record showing he came from Fraso Tel. I believe I've found him in the 1920 and 1930 US censuses. My main problem is finding who his parents are. Going by the census, he probably was born 18...
by ericderrico
05 Sep 2010, 18:21
Topic: Help on Calvano Ancestry in Italy
Views: 12314

Re: Help on Calvano Ancestry in Italy

I know this post is over 2 years old, but I too am looking for a Calvano. I'm going to post this separately, but just in case Calvano and I are related I thought I'd state my predicament. My great Grandfather David(e) Calvano immigrated about 1903 or 1904. I believe I've recovered his immigration re...
by ericderrico
10 Aug 2010, 07:47
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Scheduling an appointment
Replies: 7
Views: 4147

Re: Scheduling an appointment

Karen, I too had a similar issue with my own Great Grandfather. I couldn't find him on the census anywhere whatsoever. His name was Pasquale D'Errico. But then I tried a search using misspellings of our last name, e.g. Dericco, and there he was, listed as "Patsy Dericco." I knew it was him...
by ericderrico
05 Aug 2010, 18:45
Topic: Picking up Italian Birth Certs
Replies: 8
Views: 3245

Re: Picking up Italian Birth Certs

Sounds good. Haven't had any problems so to speak with the commune, just figured a letter would be good insurance. I think this is the route I'm going to go rather than wait around to hear back from them.

Grazie Mille!
by ericderrico
05 Aug 2010, 15:59

Thanks!

My friend is Italian so speaking isn't a problem. I figured the letter would be a good idea. Calling up first seems the smart idea :-)
by ericderrico
05 Aug 2010, 15:11

Thanks for the info. I wonder if the commune would have allowed your friend to pick up the document in the first place prior to your visit? If so, that would be terrific. I guess since it's not an inconvenience for my friend it wouldn't hurt, though I don't want to abuse the favour if they give him ...
by ericderrico
05 Aug 2010, 10:50

Picking up Italian Birth Certs

I need to get my GGF's birth certificate from Foggia Italy. I happen to have a friend that lives in southern Italy and it wouldn't be much trouble for him to stop by and get the cert for me. Is this at all possible? Or do they have to be a family member? Or is it just as well to continue writing to ...
by ericderrico
04 Aug 2010, 09:26
Topic: Scheduling an appointment
Replies: 7
Views: 4147

Scheduling an appointment

I have my GGF's naturalisation record and am going about obtaining all the other records such as birth certs, death certs, etc... for everyone. I know the wait time for the Consulates are quite long depending on which one you use, but I was curious if it's necessary to have all your documents when y...