Search found 1362 matches

by jennabet
19 Oct 2018, 14:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Paternal line to GGGGF, Can we get Citizenship?
Replies: 18
Views: 5870

Re: Paternal line to GGGGF, Can we get Citizenship?

Oh yes there IS a way to determine who is more (or less) Italian. It's called a DNA test and the result for Italian-Americans who have FOUR Italian grand-parents, with all ancestors beyond them also being Italian for many generations back is predictable, as was mine. You can make jokes about Caesar ...
by jennabet
18 Oct 2018, 23:20
Topic: Paternal line to GGGGF, Can we get Citizenship?
Replies: 18
Views: 5870

Re: Paternal line to GGGGF, Can we get Citizenship?

T minus 10, 9, 8 until jennabet rants some mildly extremist nonsense about Italians First and your parents not being Caesar and Cleopatra The population of Uruguay has always had a high percentage of Italians. So this likely means the OP is MORE Italian than you, lssbdf9193, because the male descen...
by jennabet
05 Oct 2018, 13:43
Topic: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano
Replies: 514
Views: 262204

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

You would need an apostille for every document that was created outside of Italy. Just the document, not the translation of the document. Also, the Naturalization record does not need to be translated nor does it need an apostille. This is because the Naturalization certificate is a Federal document...
by jennabet
04 Oct 2018, 15:01
Topic: Security Decree - Coming Monday 9/23
Replies: 33
Views: 9097

Re: Security Decree - Coming Monday 9/23

Good news. Here is just one scenario which shows why JM citizenship recognition is important: An Italian-citizen husband and non-Italian wife move to Italy. The wife doesn't seek Italian citizenship, since non-Italian spouses can live in Italy with their Italian spouses. The residency law changes a...
by jennabet
04 Oct 2018, 11:36

This census is to count the people residing in Italy, whomever they are and for what ever reason they're here. It will not count Italians abroad. And it will be done every year. People who are not here legally will be told to leave or be removed and sent to repatriation centers to await deportation....
by jennabet
29 Sep 2018, 15:46
Topic: Help needed: Am I eligible for Italian citizenship (concerns the 1948 rule and the minor child of a marriage pre-1983)
Replies: 15
Views: 5569

Re: Help needed: Am I eligible for Italian citizenship (concerns the 1948 rule and the minor child of a marriage pre-198

When you were born in 1975, your mother, who acquired Italian citizenship through marriage and NOT through blood, was not an Italian citizen so you cannot be included in this type of case. Only the children your mother gave birth to after she became Italian are qualified. This is because in effect ...
by jennabet
29 Sep 2018, 14:45

A security procedure which has been needed in Italy for quite some time. Please don't think they are only counting migrants.

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2018/09 ... 47492.html
by jennabet
27 Sep 2018, 17:51
Topic: Help needed: Am I eligible for Italian citizenship (concerns the 1948 rule and the minor child of a marriage pre-1983)

Re: Help needed: Am I eligible for Italian citizenship (concerns the 1948 rule and the minor child of a marriage pre-198

Luigi Piano did not say "to her children". He said "to her own children", meaning any children she had before she obtained Italian citizenship through marriage to a man who is NOT the father of the OP. And yes, we who live in Italy have opinions that differ from people living out...
by jennabet
27 Sep 2018, 14:00

I agree you should choose your forum, Brody and take all of the "good advice" from the arrogant, barely Italian New Yorkers who have always challenged all of the consulates, all of the comunes and now the Italian attorneys. I'm pleased you came back to report that the advice they provide i...
by jennabet
27 Sep 2018, 12:38

When you were born in 1975, your mother, who acquired Italian citizenship through marriage and NOT through blood, was not an Italian citizen so you cannot be included in this type of case. Only the children your mother gave birth to after she became Italian are qualified. This is because in effect ...
by jennabet
27 Sep 2018, 11:31

In fact, it is mostly because of the the long consulate wait times that the "unvetted tourists" come to Italy for recognition of their citizenships. If the consulates could handle recognitions more quickly, none of us would even be having this discussion. Consulates don't have to handle r...
by jennabet
26 Sep 2018, 18:06

I guess you weren't paying attention during the campaign. The slogan of the side that won was, "Italians First", which many voters in Italy, some of whom I know personally, equate with "Let's make Italy great again".
by jennabet
26 Sep 2018, 16:37

Good news. The new security degree brings changes for Jus Matrimony applications as well. Now they will no longer be guaranteed. Since the spouse of an Italian citizen has always had the right to live with him/her in Italy, I was never in agreement that it was necessary for a non Italian spouse livi...
by jennabet
25 Sep 2018, 21:20

Here is the bottom line. Anyone applying for Italian citizenship who is NOT stateless meaning they already have a passport from some other country CAN afford to wait ten years or even 20 years for an Italian passport. Special cases ARE taken into consideration (see the list of special permits). Also...
by jennabet
25 Sep 2018, 17:08

Also important. Before anyone obtains legal residence in Italy the anagrafe will send that person to appear in person at the Rifiuti (garbage) Tax Office. Once this obligation is met the applicant returns to the anagrafe with proof that the bill has been paid and the residence is established. Howeve...