Search found 1362 matches

by jennabet
09 Sep 2018, 13:15
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
Replies: 21
Views: 4828

Re: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line

Consulates scrutinize very carefully date of arrival because before before an immigrant can file a Petition for Citizenship he must meet a residency requirement of at least five years. My grand-father arrived in 1910 at age 16 to follow his father who had arrived in 1905. My grand-father then did th...
by jennabet
09 Sep 2018, 11:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Jure Sanguinis laws changing 2018
Replies: 15
Views: 4781

Re: Jure Sanguinis laws changing 2018

Deputy Prime Minister/Interior Minister Matteo Salvini who's name is on the draft has said he wants an Italy where Italians come first. Limiting the JS law to descent from grand-parents only is a good way to ensure Italy doesn't give it's precious citizenship to people who are far removed from the I...
by jennabet
08 Sep 2018, 21:29

People are saying this law is to curve the issue with Brazil using this method to flee to Italy (over 500,000 applications currently) and some have been falsifying family trees. But of course. Blame it on the Italians from Brazil. Let me guess who is still perpetrating these lies and exaggerations?...
by jennabet
07 Sep 2018, 22:57

I have been living in Italy for a number of years and I haven't heard anything about it. If the admins of that group are liberal New Yorkers perhaps unhappy with the result of the March 4 Italian election, I would be particularly skeptical about most of the things they post regarding Italian citizen...
by jennabet
05 Sep 2018, 14:00
Topic: Italian PM Giuseppe Conte
Replies: 6
Views: 1815

Re: Italian PM Giuseppe Conte

I just know it when I hear it and that it's different from the Abruzzo accent, much like you would recognize a Georgia accent as opposed to one from Pennsylvania, for example.
by jennabet
04 Sep 2018, 15:00
Topic: Input on Application
Replies: 14
Views: 4072

Re: Input on Application

No it is not both. My next door neighbor in Delaware born and raised in Abruzzo was named Guido. Nobody ever called him Guy. My cousin, living two doors up from Guido was named Gaetano. Everyone called him Guy. I would think the OP is not interested in the French name for Guy since his ancestors are...
by jennabet
04 Sep 2018, 14:00
Topic: Input on Application
Replies: 14
Views: 4072

Re: Input on Application

The Italian translation of Guy is Gaetano and not Guido.
by jennabet
04 Sep 2018, 13:53
Topic: Italian PM Giuseppe Conte
Replies: 6
Views: 1815

Re: Italian PM Giuseppe Conte

When I hear Prime Minister Conte speak with his distinctive Pugliese Italian accent, I am reminded of my wonderful Pescara dentist, Matteo Danza, who was also from San Giovanni Rotondo and had a beautiful photo of Padre Pio in his office (San Giovanni Rotondo being the town where Padre Pio is enshri...
by jennabet
03 Sep 2018, 14:02
Topic: Applyiing for Jure Sanguinis from Spain
Replies: 8
Views: 2065

Re: Applyiing for Jure Sanguinis from Spain

Then you are good to apply in Spain. I had a similar type retirement visa in Mexico and I applied at the Italian consulate in Mexico City in 2001. At that time the consulate was very generous and translated all of my US documents for free. And of course there was no application fee.
by jennabet
03 Sep 2018, 09:59

What do you mean by non lucrative? For example, a student visa is non lucrative but this type of visa will not be acceptable to apply for Italian citizenship at an Italian consulate in Spain.
by jennabet
02 Sep 2018, 15:49
Topic: Ancestor's birthplace is a mystery
Replies: 9
Views: 2900

Re: Ancestor's birthplace is a mystery

suanj is the best at what she does. I have seen her solve many mysteries in this forum. Who but an Italian born and raised and still living in Italy could be so effective at gathering accurate information? Grazie tanto, suanj.
by jennabet
02 Sep 2018, 15:41

What is your basis for living in Spain permanently? It will depend on the type of visa you have been issued whether or not you can apply at an Italian consulate in Spain.
by jennabet
16 Aug 2018, 18:40
Topic: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano
Replies: 514
Views: 262207

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

September. Most Italians are out of work the entire month of August.