Search found 46 matches

by Cherry
08 Nov 2010, 10:52
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Unresponsive comune, its been almost a year!!!
Replies: 63
Views: 24843

Re: Unresponsive comune, its been almost a year!!!

Dear,
I spoke to Padre Bulla, very kind and helpful.
He says is going to Bobbio next Thursday and so he could be able to tell me if he finds anything by the end of this week.
I'll tell you imediately after.
Cheers,
Floriana
by Cherry
08 Nov 2010, 10:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family of Gionato Canali born in Noceto, Parma, Italy 1878
Replies: 12
Views: 3484

Re: Family of Gionato Canali born in Noceto, Parma, Italy 18

I think that for land and real estates the right office is the Catasto. And for Noceto: http://www.telecertificati.it/catasto-parma.html#storica I think you should try to ask of a "visura catastale su soggetto" about your ancestor. That will give you the properties and variations of them o...
by Cherry
07 Nov 2010, 11:19

Ok no problem. If you can please tell me to who or what in particular you've already written, that may help to forward your request (I mean, did you address your request to a particular office in the Diocesi?) I'll call tomorrow, Monday and then tell you if I've been any effective. Here I found some...
by Cherry
06 Nov 2010, 20:31

Hi Everyone, I'm having the same problem as well but with the Archivio dello Stato di Piacenza and the Diocesi di Bobbio-Piacenza..for a baptismal certificate/military certificate. I've written a couple times and they haven't responded. It's been a few months now and I'm wondering if 1) I should ju...
by Cherry
05 Nov 2010, 21:37
Topic: Please help me find my family in Italy
Replies: 11
Views: 3690

Re: Please help me find my family in Italy

Here is a 1930 US Census with my familes names on it. This is how I got the spelling of the name. http://www.ragewraps.com/census.jpg Right. That is the recording for the family in the US, if you are looking for some italian branch of it I just suggest you to try De Filippis, because Defillippis so...
by Cherry
05 Nov 2010, 14:31
Topic: Family of Gionato Canali born in Noceto, Parma, Italy 1878
Replies: 12
Views: 3484

Re: Family of Gionato Canali born in Noceto, Parma, Italy 18

If I can suggest just one thing: the name Gionato sounds very odd to me and since I live quite near to Noceto I can say it is not a common name in there. Possibly it's a typo for Gionata (which is the equivalent of Jonathan, while I never heard of a Gionato).
Cheers,
Flo
by Cherry
05 Nov 2010, 14:22
Topic: Zanelli
Replies: 8
Views: 5608

Re: Zanelli

Dear girls,
I am from Piacenza and know by myself a couple of Zanelli families. Let me know if I might do something for you directly on the spot. I go home quite often.
Best,
Floriana
by Cherry
05 Nov 2010, 12:00

The Italian version of Registered mail is called "Recomendata". Raccomandata. Better if "Raccomandata con ricevuta di ritorno" which means that if they receive what you have send them, they send you back a signed receipt. Just a question: did you write in English or in Italian? ...
by Cherry
05 Nov 2010, 11:53
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: "nuda proprietà" in atto di ultimo volontà
Replies: 5
Views: 2064

Re: "nuda proprietà" in atto di ultimo volontà

Well it's a specific legal term, not necessarily archaic since it is still used. My mother is very fond of it and she uses it quite often in her talks. I can't figure out other expressions like this, out of the juridical language.
by Cherry
05 Nov 2010, 11:29
Topic: Please help me find my family in Italy
Replies: 11
Views: 3690

Re: Please help me find my family in Italy

I feel quite sure that the original spelling of Defillippis is De Filippis or, but less likely, Defilippis. In Marche you can find 5 De Filippis in the general phone directory. No Defilippis. It is not a common surname so if you have any family left in Italy it shouldn't be too difficult to find out...
by Cherry
05 Nov 2010, 11:17
Topic: The Lombardi Family living Birmingham Uk
Replies: 8
Views: 3512

Re: The Lombardi Family living Birmingham Uk

You can find the present map of distribution of those surnames in Italy here:
http://www.gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/

It gives you an image about where they are most frequent today. You can presume that huge concentrations give a sort of place of origin of the surname.
It could be of some help
Floriana
by Cherry
05 Nov 2010, 11:05
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian American History Month
Replies: 50
Views: 26878

Re: Italian American History Month

I've always known october to be Italian Culture Month, here in the NY area there are some cultural activities going on but lately they have become rather scarce. As far as the discovery of America goes, many people try to blame the exploitation and genocide of american indians on Cristoforo Colombo...
by Cherry
05 Nov 2010, 10:38

Oh sorry, I didn't see that you've already found your way thru the matter.
Cheers
by Cherry
05 Nov 2010, 10:38

Dear Timo, you are right. It says that the wife can use the property all her life long, but cannot in fact do anything like sell it or make any substantial modification on the property. Nephews and so on are the real proprietors and can decide to sell or modify the inheritance: if they want to sell ...