Search found 478 matches

by ItalianbellaSA
26 Jan 2011, 22:04
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need assistance with old document from Messina
Replies: 10
Views: 2405

Need assistance with old document from Messina

Hi and hope everyone is having a great day! We are getting snow in the suburbs of New York City so I am home this afternoon. I have an old document which I think is a marriage contract between my material grandparents. The back of the document has a stamp from Messina but I can't find a date. I scan...
by ItalianbellaSA
14 Jan 2011, 20:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Information on Guiseppe Griffo or Crifo
Replies: 23
Views: 5434

Re: Information on Guiseppe Griffo or Crifo

Does anyone know how I would find any living relatives in Italy? I am planning a trip to Italy May 2011.
by ItalianbellaSA
13 Jan 2011, 22:16

Yes, it is his Draft Registration Card! Amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!
by ItalianbellaSA
13 Jan 2011, 21:16

Yes, this is my grandfather. He did live in Parsippany, NJ. Still can't find a record of his coming to America. Thank you again, for all your help with the translation and information. I am working on a family tree and this helps me so much.
by ItalianbellaSA
13 Jan 2011, 00:24

I do know he had a brother Anthony and I believe there is a Pietro, too. I don't know if Pietro is a brother, cousin or maybe his father.
by ItalianbellaSA
13 Jan 2011, 00:15

My grandfather Joseph (Giuseppe) Griffo (Crifo) settled in Hoboken, NJ. He died in a Fair Lawn, NJ hospital. I have his certificate of citizenship. It is dated December 17, 1931, Jersey City, NJ. What else do you need from that document. As far as papers that contain the name Giuseppe Crifo, I have ...
by ItalianbellaSA
12 Jan 2011, 15:35
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Information on my Grandfather Giuseppe Griffo
Replies: 5
Views: 2152

Re: Information on my Grandfather Giuseppe Griffo

My grandfather Joseph (Giuseppe) Griffo (Crifo) settled in Hoboken, NJ. He died in a Fair Lawn, NJ hospital. I have his certificate of citizenship. It is dated December 17, 1931, Jersey City, NJ. What else do you need from that document. As far as papers that contain the name Giuseppe Crifo, I have ...
by ItalianbellaSA
11 Jan 2011, 21:42

Marty

What information do you have. The link says "forbidden" and there is nothing there. I assume he was from Patti Sicily because that is were my grandmother and greatgrandmother were from, however, he could be from a different area of Sicily. He resided in Hoboken, NJ.
by ItalianbellaSA
11 Jan 2011, 02:57

Information on Guiseppe Griffo or Crifo

I am looking for information on my grandfather, Giuseppe Griffo. I am not sure, but I think he was from Patti, Sicily. He was born in 1895 and died in 1967 in the U.S. Papers I have show that his last name in Italy was Crifo and was some how changed to Griffo. He became a U.S. citizen on Dec. 2, 193...
by ItalianbellaSA
11 Jan 2011, 00:18
Topic: Information on my Grandfather Giuseppe Griffo
Replies: 5
Views: 2152

Information on my Grandfather Giuseppe Griffo

I am looking for information on my grandfather, Giuseppe Griffo. I am not sure, but I think he was from Patti, Sicily. He was born in 1895 and died in 1967 in the U.S. Papers I have show that his last name in Italy was Crifo and was some how changed to Griffo. He became a U.S. citizen on Dec. 2, 193...
by ItalianbellaSA
10 Jan 2011, 02:04
Topic: Looking for information about family from Patti, Sicily
Replies: 12
Views: 2748

Re: Looking for information about family from Patti, Sicily

Wow! I can't believe all this information you gave me. Thank you very much. Is it possible to find out if Rosario Incognito was actually gored by a bull in Patti Sicily. It looks like Carmela was a widow. Maybe this story my Mom told me is true. Thanks again.

Italianbella SA
by ItalianbellaSA
10 Jan 2011, 00:40
Topic: Looking for information about family from Patti, Sicily
Replies: 12
Views: 2748

Looking for information about family from Patti, Sicily

I am looking for information about my great-grandparents (Rosario Incognito -birth and death unknown and Carmella Cappadona - b. 1874 d. 1942). They had a daughter, my grandmother, Maria Incognito Griffo b. 1895 d. 1982. My Mom talked about her grandfather being gored by a bull in Sicily. I know my ...