by rjnigro
24 Jun 2012, 14:53
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Original Naturalization Certificate Not Good Enough for NYC
Replies: 25
Views: 6631

Re: Original Naturalization Certificate Not Good Enough for

the Italian honor system
Have you ever been a part of an airport check in line with a group of Italians ... Not very honorable ....
by rjnigro
04 May 2012, 13:13
Topic: NY Consulate - getting a sooner Appt.
Replies: 7
Views: 2692

Re: NY Consulate - getting a sooner Appt.

They did the same thing last year, about this time too ... I contacted them about getting an earlier appointment (last year) and never heard back from them at all
by rjnigro
21 Apr 2012, 21:31
Topic: AIRE Recevied from Boston - follow up questions
Replies: 14
Views: 3663

Re: AIRE Recevied from Boston - follow up questions

The nulla osta requirement was instituted in Oct of 2010. As far as I know it is required for all passport applicants. When I applied for my passport about a month ago I asked the consulate and they did confirm this. I concur ... received my passport in January and it was a requirement. I have neve...
by rjnigro
16 Apr 2012, 12:58
Topic: health cover in Europe
Replies: 58
Views: 18263

Re: health cover in Europe

As an Italian citizen, you can move to any country you choose in the EU but you would have to utilize that country's own healthcare system and Italy would not be involved at all. So, as an Italian citizen, living in the USA, never having resided in Italy, I could move to France and join the French ...
by rjnigro
28 Feb 2012, 22:22
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Looking for Old Pictures 1900-1920's
Replies: 2
Views: 2068

Looking for Old Pictures 1900-1920's

For Accadia, Matera, Reggio Calabria (the City)

Any help steering me in the direction to look for these would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Ron
by rjnigro
21 Feb 2012, 23:15
Topic: Two Appointments
Replies: 1
Views: 547

Re: Two Appointments

People have reported making multiple appointments "just in case" and being in a situation as yours
by rjnigro
21 Feb 2012, 16:12
Topic: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?
Replies: 41
Views: 9700

Re: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?

[quoteI'm concerned if I have to submit original documents, which would include my original Italian documents][/quote] In NYC ... My original documents were viewed, copies kept, originals given back to me. I went in person and had the copies with me. You also need to have documentation showing your ...
by rjnigro
20 Feb 2012, 23:48

The action would be the same to amend a NYS document as it is to amend a NYC document. The only difference would be the venue. It terms of amend BC/DC's NYC, although a part of NYS is another world. In NYC if one has authenticating documentation one can go the thhe correction unit at Worth Street a...
by rjnigro
18 Feb 2012, 17:47

rjnigro, can you explain more about the NY State (not NYC) process? The Court order I obtained was specific to the birth date discrepancy between my GF's Petition for Naturalization and his Itamian BC. Other documents for him and my father that I had amended in some cases included first names, we'r...
by rjnigro
18 Feb 2012, 17:34
Topic: Numbers on manifest
Replies: 4
Views: 620

Re: Numbers on manifest

Yes, that notation refers to the arrival certificate issued for you're with the Petiition for Naturalization. The numbers matched exactly on my 2 GF and one GM Certificate of Arrival included with their Petition for Naturalization
by rjnigro
14 Feb 2012, 19:02
Topic: NYC Municiple Archives errors
Replies: 4
Views: 887

Re: NYC Municiple Archives errors

As mentioned, I did not have any Municipal Archive issued documents amended and the letter issued by the Municipal Archives was, in my case, sufficient. I did have documents (BC & DC) amended at the Office of Vital Records, 125 Worth Street, Room 144 ... Room 144 is the Corrections unit, it's not th...
by rjnigro
08 Feb 2012, 22:58
Topic: Hip Manifest :: 1903
Replies: 5
Views: 2000

Re: Hip Manifest :: 1903

Thank you so much ... I wasn't aware of the more enhanced search screen

Ron
by rjnigro
08 Feb 2012, 17:49
Topic: Hip Manifest :: 1903
Replies: 5
Views: 2000

Re: Hip Manifest :: 1903

Thank you so much !!! Definitely the one I'm looking for. The going to and blind eye notation nails it. FMI, if you would, what was the criteria of your search in as much he's listed under his mother's maiden name ... The name Aglira only reads on the section to where he was going upon arrival Thank...