by rjnigro
08 Feb 2012, 16:09
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Hip Manifest :: 1903
Replies: 5
Views: 2000

Hip Manifest :: 1903

Help Please!

I too am having a hard time finding a ship manifest ... For the arrival of AGLIRA, Oreste. It's supposed to be the "Trojan Prince" leaving Naples about 1 Sept 1903 and arriving New York 15 September 1903.

Any help will be deeply appreciated!
Thanks
by rjnigro
07 Feb 2012, 22:08
Topic: Translation Services
Replies: 6
Views: 1676

Re: Translation Services

I had my appointment at the NY Consulate. My translations were done by Gianluca Croce. I obtained his name from the NY Consulate's web site.

Seems our name are similar :-) What Comune(s) are your relatives from?
by rjnigro
04 Feb 2012, 15:14
Topic: NYC Municiple Archives errors
Replies: 4
Views: 887

Re: NYC Municiple Archives errors

No. They will, however, upon request issue a letter, referencing the particular certificate stating they can not make any changes. The letter is issued by a Mr. Kenneth Cobb. Mention you are seeking Italian Dual citizenship. They are aware of the issues. "Just in case" I had the letters translated a...
by rjnigro
04 Feb 2012, 15:09
Topic: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?
Replies: 41
Views: 9700

Re: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?

My appointment was in early November and received the letter of recognition at the end of Dec
by rjnigro
02 Feb 2012, 19:49

Then contact the court where he filed his Declaration of Intent and ask for a letter that no one with the same name and dates of birth listed above filed in that time period. Do the same at NARA and USCIS NARA issued documents can not be amended at all. The Petition/Declaration of Intent via USCIS ...
by rjnigro
02 Feb 2012, 14:41

Since you're documents are Pennsylvania, you might want to look here:
http://expatsinitaly.com/phpbbforum/vie ... f=7&t=9203

In New York/NYC one files an action in the Ex-Parte section of the NYS Supreme Court. Their is no "defendant". One files for a declaratory judgement.
by rjnigro
30 Jan 2012, 14:22
Topic: Naturalized Citizenship Oath
Replies: 1
Views: 671

Re: Naturalized Citizenship Oath

For the reason you suggest, I did not arrive at my appointment with the form prepared. The consular officer asked for it, I said I didn't have one for my GF (Same line as you GF>F>Me) >>> he gave me a blank form to complete. Thinking about it after, although my GF renounced his Italian citizenship, ...
by rjnigro
19 Jan 2012, 16:46
Topic: Emigrating From Italy 1900 ~ 1925
Replies: 0
Views: 636

Emigrating From Italy 1900 ~ 1925

Does anyone have an information regarding what clearances/permissions did someone leaving Italy around 1900/1925 had to receive/obtain from any Italian governmental agencies before embarking to the USA? Also, at that time, was there any registration done with any USA governmental agency prior to deb...
by rjnigro
16 Jan 2012, 00:32
Topic: Question about Form 4
Views: 934

Re: Question about Form 4

No, it was accepted with just the USA addresses. And for those, for both my father and grandfather, I just listed city and state only. I believe the purpose is for the consulate at which you are applying to check with other consulates where which the person lived to see if they ever renounced their ...
by rjnigro
15 Jan 2012, 19:39
Topic: Question about Form 4
Views: 934

Re: Question about Form 4

I applied GF>F>Me ... Both GF & F are deceased. I had thought I only needed Form 4 for F ... but Consulate wanted it for GF & F ... I had it prepared for F ... Consulate gave me a blank form and I filled it out for GF on the spot
by rjnigro
05 Jan 2012, 20:01
Topic: GOT MY LETTER!!!!
Replies: 26
Views: 10246

Re: GOT MY LETTER!!!!

Yes, the clarification to what I wrote would be i"into Italy from a Non EU country" and "out of Italy to a non EU country"
by rjnigro
05 Jan 2012, 17:51

My understanding is if you directly enter or directly leave a valid stamp is required or there is a penalty ... I do not know what the penalty is
by rjnigro
05 Jan 2012, 16:35

Also note: Il passaporto italiano utilizza lo stile standard dell'Unione Europea. Il colore è rosso bordeaux, con l' Emblema della Repubblica Italiana al centro della copertina, le scritte "UNIONE EUROPEA" e subito sotto "REPUBBLICA ITALIANA" sopra lo stemma e la parola "PASSAPORTO" in basso. Nel pa...
by rjnigro
05 Jan 2012, 16:29

You may want to take a look at: http://livingwithabroadintuscany.blogspot.com/2011/11/finalmente-ho-il-passaporto-italiano.html I could not add the fellows passport "board attachment quota has been reached" But if you go to the link you will see a passport issued by the SF Consulate this past Octobe...
by rjnigro
02 Jan 2012, 14:57
Topic: What happens after the appointment?
Replies: 11
Views: 2586

Re: What happens after the appointment?

I will be following up with the Commune to obtain my BC :-)