Search found 83 matches

by rjnigro
29 Sep 2011, 14:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes
Replies: 22
Views: 2942

Re: Certificate of No Naturalization / Name Changes

I think it would have been impossible for him to have been naturalized prior to 1907 ... there was/is a 5 year waiting period ... and even then, he would have had to prepare his Declaration of Intent as he set foot in the USA
by rjnigro
09 Sep 2011, 22:34
Topic: Naturalization Question
Replies: 9
Views: 1166

Re: Naturalization Question

Since the NYC Consulate postponed my appointment until February
Just curious as to what caused the Consulate to postpone your appointment. When was it postponed from? Thanks
Ron
by rjnigro
01 Sep 2011, 22:13
Topic: HELP ME!! consulate needs court letter!!!
Replies: 16
Views: 2276

Re: HELP ME!! consulate needs court letter!!!

Hi ... I looked there but couldn't locate it ... posts only went to 8/21
by rjnigro
31 Aug 2011, 14:27
Topic: HELP ME!! consulate needs court letter!!!
Replies: 16
Views: 2276

Re: HELP ME!! consulate needs court letter!!!

Not yet on my part. Apparently the Mike Quinn is not the person at USCIS anymore. The person is Teddy O. Davis. They are just a wall ... keep pushing me off to the Genealogy group. I queried USCIS as to what they have as back up documentation in support of the information on the Petition. When I wen...
by rjnigro
07 Aug 2011, 15:38
Topic: Letter of exemplification -Death & Marriage certicates also?
Replies: 4
Views: 2132

Re: Letter of exemplification -Death & Marriage certicates a

From NYC, I have received an exemplification letter with all birth and death certificates ... for marriage certificates, there is a stamp on the back of the certificate that serves as the exemplification. I have had not problem in obtaining the NY County clerks stamp and then the Apostille.
by rjnigro
30 Jul 2011, 19:37
Topic: What Are the Legal Procedural
Views: 568

Re: What Are the Legal Procedural

Thank You Carmine and Kontessa ... I ordered the book/book ... feeling I can scan pages and translate ... the e-book notes said one could not copy. Re the poster you mentioned, I had already contacted him. He received an e-mail not an "official" letter mentioning the "new" regulation but as far as I...
by rjnigro
29 Jul 2011, 19:00
Topic: What Are the Legal Procedural
Views: 568

What Are the Legal Procedural

I have taken a look at the translations of the laws pertaining to the rights to secure Italian citizenship. They speak of who has the right of citizenship and such. Does anyone have a reference to or know what the law actually requires the/an Italian Consulate to follow when reviewing a petition/app...
by rjnigro
21 Jul 2011, 20:02
Topic: NY Consulate stating Letter from Judge/Court Order
Replies: 2
Views: 645

Re: NY Consulate stating Letter from Judge/Court Order

when we emailed for a follow-up we received the following response: "We wish to inform you that since your appointment, a new regulation has been issued by the Ministry of the Interior, regarding the citizenship application process, which pertains specifically in cases such as yours. As you will re...
by rjnigro
21 Jul 2011, 14:01
Topic: NY Consulate stating Letter from Judge/Court Order
Replies: 2
Views: 645

NY Consulate stating Letter from Judge/Court Order

Hi ... With regard to the NY Consulate requiring in the case of NARA document discrepancies a letter from a Judge or a US Court order ... I am trying to comply with it but have been requested to produce an actual notification from the consulate requiring such. So, I would appreciate anyone having re...
by rjnigro
15 Jul 2011, 22:24
Topic: Certified copy of naturalization papers
Replies: 8
Views: 1875

Re: Certified copy of naturalization papers

It's the USCIS Office @ 26 Federal Plaza 3rd Floor, NY NY ... the entrance is on Broadway between Worth & Duane Street. I do not have a phone number. The biggest wait was getting to someone once on the 3rd floor. You take a number and wait. I presented my GF's original certificate of naturalization ...
by rjnigro
14 Jul 2011, 16:48

NYC Process for Apostille You obtain the document needed to be apostilled long form and exemplified. You go to the county clerk office to have the signature on the document verified. Then you go to NYS Department of State Office (all of these are a few blocks apart) and they issue the Apostille. The...
by rjnigro
14 Jul 2011, 13:24

FYI, I had the original Naturalization Certificate of my GF "certified" and obtained the Apostille here in NYC. I went to USCIS with the certificate, the wait to "see someone" was 5 hours and another hour for "the person who does that" to do it ... and then went to Manhattan Clerk for name check and...
by rjnigro
13 Jul 2011, 16:10
Topic: order from uscis
Replies: 1
Views: 361

Re: order from uscis

The actual certificate of Naturalization does not have a birth date on it. I had my GF's certified at USCIS office @ Broadway & Worth in NYC. Hoping a way to obviate the one day date discrepancy between NARA docs and Estratto birth date ... but from what I've read the NYC Consulate is strictly looki...
by rjnigro
12 Jul 2011, 18:49
Topic: Pls. Help: Munic Archvs docs corrections. NYC: App Rejected
Replies: 34
Views: 8406

Re: Pls. Help: Munic Archvs docs corrections. NYC: App Rejec

I am writing this letter in response to correct the errors in the birth certificate of _________ (certificate #xxx of year), that you obtained from the NYC Department of Records/Municipal Archives. Please be advised that all birth records prior to 1910, have been transferred from the NYC Department...
by rjnigro
11 Jul 2011, 21:45
Topic: NYC, scheduling follow-up, new regulation?
Views: 1223

Re: NYC, scheduling follow-up, new regulation?

Johnny on the spot nailed it >>> friend of a friend didn't work out. As I have come to learn today, the person is actual a law clerk for a NYS judge who is clueless in matters such as this. He's referring me to ICE Department of Homeland Security, the State Department and Charles Schumer's office .....