Search found 65 matches

by Italia1963
03 May 2012, 22:40
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: NY Consulate - getting a sooner Appt.
Replies: 7
Views: 3392

Re: NY Consulate - getting a sooner Appt.

I have my NYC appt in July and a few months ago Abtran sent out an email that must have gone to everyone who was scheduled for an interview this year, asking if anyone had a change in mind or wanted a later date, to email them back, as that would then allow them to offer the opening to someone else....
by Italia1963
24 Mar 2012, 21:38
Topic: Ralph E. Bisi - 1959 Obituary - Pittsburgh
Replies: 9
Views: 2336

Re: Ralph E. Bisi - 1959 Obituary - Pittsburgh

Not sure if this is about your relatives, but how many Bisi's could there be in the Pittsburgh area? From my limited Italian, it seems the family started a pasta company in the Pittsburgh area and Ralph was a son or grandson of the founder. http://portale.lombardinelmondo.org/nazioni/nordamerica/Art...
by Italia1963
23 Mar 2012, 21:29
Topic: Please Help - Validate my Document List
Replies: 8
Views: 2319

Re: Please Help - Validate my Document List

Amazing that from such a small village, at least three of us on this board have connections to Cervinara.
by Italia1963
23 Mar 2012, 02:43
Topic: Please Help - Validate my Document List
Replies: 8
Views: 2319

Re: Please Help - Validate my Document List

A little off subject, but... I checked out your web page and its pretty cool that your maternal side comes from the same village in Italy as my paternal side. Your GGGF was actually born a year after my own GGF. I found this blog of a retired school teacher from Ct. who went to live with her husband...
by Italia1963
03 Mar 2012, 19:01
Topic: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?
Replies: 41
Views: 12899

Re: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?

When I had gone to the Municipal Archives last Spring, I was able to get letters, but they basically read that they understand there are errors, but they are unable to amend documents. While I did ask for Ken Cobb, he was out that day, so they had the Director, Leonora Gidlund sign the letters. Ther...
by Italia1963
03 Mar 2012, 12:58
Topic: Family History
Replies: 2
Views: 943

Re: Family History

Hi Sometimes ship manifests show which village a person came from. Your grandfather may also have applied at some point to become a citizen, and that lists the village, so check with the National Archives in Boston. If he didn't become a citizen by 1940, he was required to comply with the Smith Act ...
by Italia1963
03 Mar 2012, 12:46

Hi, The reason I would ask the state for my step grandmother's birth certificate is because I will be going through the NYC consulate and know how demanding they can be, even though the step grandmother is not a blood relative and she was only married to my grandfather a few years before his death. ...
by Italia1963
03 Mar 2012, 02:26

I have been planning on purusing a court order as a per se petitioner, but the more I read, the more confusing it becomes. Has anyone had experience with hiring an attorney and how much it would cost? My case would have three parts. The first is to order the NYS Dept of Health to release my step-gra...
by Italia1963
20 Feb 2012, 23:06

I forgot...in answer to your question on what do you use as proof.. You would attach to your petition, exhibits and these would be original(You can ask the Judge if the court can return the original after the case) of birth, death, marriage or any other document that would show how the names should ...
by Italia1963
20 Feb 2012, 22:48

Reboot... check the following web page out. It gives information on help you can get from the court in starting a court case "pro se" (which basically means you will be representing yourself without an attorney) http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/civil/resourcecenter.shtml It would be best...
by Italia1963
19 Feb 2012, 21:47

JJ313, you definitely right about there being 13 districts (rather than the 10 I mentioned) as I was counting NYC as one and it is broken up into different districts. However, having spoken with several Law Clerks of Supreme Court Judges and with 2 different Supreme Court Chief Clerk's,as well as th...
by Italia1963
19 Feb 2012, 14:56

The action would be the same to amend a NYS document as it is to amend a NYC document. The only difference would be the venue. Actions involving NYC are generally filed at the NYS Supreme Court for NY County as vital records is located in NY county. You would file the action in the county having ju...
by Italia1963
09 Feb 2012, 20:13
Topic: How to obtain NYS public records by court order
Replies: 11
Views: 4742

Re: How to obtain NYS public records by court order

You do not need to do two petitions..both the birth and death certificate can be obtained through one court case. However, during the court case, it may come up if your father is alive and if so, the Judge may ask why he has not given his approval for its release. Each Judge is different and its pos...
by Italia1963
09 Feb 2012, 00:02

An additional thought.... You will not be going to court to order your relative to release documents in their posession. You will be getting a court order to have either the NYS Dept. of Health or NYC Dept. of Health (depending where your ancestor died) to release the long form certified copy of the...
by Italia1963
08 Feb 2012, 23:51

In New York State, the courts are broken up into 10 Districts. Each District usually has a Per Diem Office where a clerk will assist in giving you information on how to proceed in starting a court case without an attorney. They can not give you legal advice, but they do provide you with directions o...