Search found 65 matches

by Italia1963
29 Dec 2011, 22:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Discrepancy On Document
Replies: 7
Views: 2240

Re: Discrepancy On Document

Actually death certificates are easier to amend than other vital records. I had to deal with the State Health Dept. who are more difficult than dealing with the NYC Health Dept. and they amended my father's death certificate to match the Italian spelling of his first name from his birth certificate....
by Italia1963
13 Nov 2011, 16:57
Topic: COURT CASE AGAINST NYC MUNICIPAL ARCHIVES
Replies: 1
Views: 792

COURT CASE AGAINST NYC MUNICIPAL ARCHIVES

Soon, I will have to get a Supreme Court order amending vital records held by the NYC and NYS Health Dept.'s and NYC County Clerk's Office. I was wondering if anyone purusued a case for amending documents against the NYC Municipal Archives? I have a form letter from the Archives stating they can not...
by Italia1963
08 Nov 2011, 00:01
Topic: Help - applying for dual citizenship!
Replies: 2
Views: 644

Re: Help - applying for dual citizenship!

I actually sent Euros to my comune, but they sent it back to me, so I would think most comunes will pay postage on their own. Regarding the death certificate, why don't you write directly to the Department of Health to obtain his record which should not cost anywhere near $100. Something doesn't sou...
by Italia1963
19 Oct 2011, 13:40
Topic: Proving No Record of Naturalization
Replies: 20
Views: 9713

Re: Proving No Record of Naturalization

Since I am going through the NYC consulate, I am going with the premise, when in doubt, give them more than they ask for. I had my letters from the NARA and USCIS apostille by the US State Dept and certificate from the state Supreme Court apostille by NY state. The two items that I sent to State did...
by Italia1963
15 Oct 2011, 01:00
Topic: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?
Replies: 41
Views: 12898

COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?

As we all know, when an "error" appears on a vital record document, the Consulate requires that the record be amended, or at the very least, a Judge issuing an order stating that the indiidual/s with errors on the document are the same person. Has anyone have any experience with getting su...
by Italia1963
12 Oct 2011, 00:52
Topic: Need Exemplification Letter Fast. NYC Appointment Next Week
Replies: 3
Views: 1318

Re: Need Exemplification Letter Fast. NYC Appointment Next W

Hopefully that wasn’t a government employee asking for the $200 to “fix” the problem. They should be ashamed of themselves as it seems like a simple fix. Screamin’ is right…you need to speak with Ms. Timbers who may be able to provide the exemplification and then you just have to walk it over to the...
by Italia1963
11 Oct 2011, 14:43
Topic: Why Two Different Abtran Appointment Numbers?
Replies: 5
Views: 1893

Re: Why Two Different Abtran Appointment Numbers?

rjnigro is correct. You should receive a confirmation within 24 hours. I called them and they had my email wrong.
by Italia1963
11 Oct 2011, 12:56

Im applying in New York. Not sure why it takes so long for an appt. Maybe they only do dual citizenship applications once a week. Regarding costs, I made the mistake of once I receied my vital documents, I had them certified and then appostilled. It was only later after reading the forums that I rea...
by Italia1963
11 Oct 2011, 00:33

I called the credit card number and was charged $7.47 Its a fairly easy procedure where you only answer a few questions and then they give you a date for your appt. Supposedly an email will be forthcoming confirming this, but not sure if they send it out as you get closer to your appt. date as I mad...
by Italia1963
19 Sep 2011, 00:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Delayed Birth Certificate
Replies: 20
Views: 12205

Re: Delayed Birth Certificate

While doing a genealogy search for birth certificates of my great aunts and uncles the Municipal Archives could not find the document of my great uncle. I kept paying for them to search different years until this past week, I went to the archives and did my own search, finding him with the original ...
by Italia1963
18 Sep 2011, 16:27
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: distant relatives and such
Replies: 30
Views: 21345

Re: distant relatives and such

From what I understand, genealogy is not a big hobby in Italy. I think Italians in Italy are more concerned with the here and now and their fellow family and friends in the village. In America, most of us are from towns and villages that are a bit larger than the comunes of Italy, so if we meet a 3r...
by Italia1963
05 Sep 2011, 02:14
Topic: 90 day deadline..what does that mean?
Replies: 0
Views: 439

90 day deadline..what does that mean?

I keep reading of applicants who are told they have 90 days to correct some problem with their citizenship application. ok, so what happens if you are unable to correct everything within that time frame? Do they reject you from ever certifying your citizenship?
by Italia1963
31 Aug 2011, 01:07
Topic: Help - How to find a Death Certificate
Replies: 4
Views: 885

Re: Help - How to find a Death Certificate

Hi, I will be applying through the New York Consulate. I am hoping they won't request documents for my "step grandmother" but from what I hear, NY is pretty demanding, so I didn't want to take any chances. Italiangal - those are some good points. I actually just read that sometimes the loc...
by Italia1963
31 Aug 2011, 00:08
Topic: Help - How to find a Death Certificate
Views: 885

Help - How to find a Death Certificate

I am trying to locate the death certificate for my gf's second wife. I was able to find a SSDI and wrote to Florida for a copy of the death certificate, but they can not find anything. I even requested a search under her maiden name as well as about 5 years from the date listed on the SSDI. Is it po...
by Italia1963
24 Aug 2011, 22:42
Topic: Dual Citizenship - Lots of Questions
Views: 1179

Re: Dual Citizenship - Lots of Questions

If you write to the comune where the marriage took place, maybe they can copy the entry in their books. The entry tells where the bride and groom were born or at least it did for my ggf when he was married in the 1890s. This is a great book that you can download free online on reading Italian docume...